• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Ban realmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
Custom map ftw!!!! I mean Real map servers are mostly created by lazy fools who only think about money.. They do not deserve it cus they didnt do anything for it. People who create custom maps really take time and do there best for it. Ban real maps from being downloaded here..i vote on that..Its good to host a real map as long as YOU mapped it instead of just downloaded here. Like some people said..Custom map servers are dying becus of real map server...GO PLAY REAL TIBIA IF YOU WANT REAL MAP!!

That doesn't mean I like RL Maps...
I am just saying, he isn't even going to read this thread.
(Probably not)

Hmm I don't remember asking if you like RL maps, I was agreeing with the fact this thread is going nowhere fast.

Whatt!!?!?!?

You want to stop allowing real maps?

why that?

you guys want to make otland to be like otfans with the time omg -.-

Hmm I don't remember asking if you like RL maps, I was agreeing with the fact this thread is going nowhere fast.

I know that, but I don't want anyone to think I support Real Maps,
because I said this thread is useless, which it is.

I dont see any reasoning to ban rl maps. People can make just as much money from custom maps as rl maps. The reason why otland is better than otfans is there is more freedom.

lol more freedom, that made me laugh. But not gunna talk about that. Someone can close this if they please, obviously its not going to happen even though most people signed yes and there are more pros than cons to it, and its a pretty popular subject. But ohwell.

I'm in progress of finishing NordeOTS, and there we will have donation system where people will be able to donate for no-advantage items, such as Training room access etc...

And with the money we get from the donations, we will host a Custom map!
But first we will need dedicated for the Real map :)

I may be wrong, but there's a lot of politics involved here.

1. Talaturen's servers are using Real map I believe. (I'm not sure)

2. Real map owners get a lot of players the first week so they get a lot of donations, and they use that donations to advertise on OTSLIST, which is owned by OTLand, I believe. (Probably why OTLand doesn't have ads, which is nice, but I wouldn't mind it.)

3. Reasons 1 & 2. heh heh

Talaturen is Swedish. The owner of OTS-List is polish. And he is a copycat of otservlist. In both attitude and style. >.<

OTSLIST isnt owned by otland.. hhmhm? And what persons do u mean by saying - otland?

BTW- why rl maps are not allowed in otfans? xd

Don't worry. OtLand won't go down easily.
------------

One of the reasons otland has grown is because otland allowed something that otfans did not, the tibia maps. This gave us some users that now have converted to like this forum instead of otfans. Because of many qualities, like faster forum browsing, support and unique resources, no advertising.

But we will not stop the rlmap downloads unless somebody from Cipsoft GmBH ask us.

I am currently hosting an RL map, I am on this website because they support rl maps :D
There is a lot more support for rl map hosts here than on otfans because they allow downloads of rl maps.

~Love Lockjoint

Alright close it then :/ Don't care anymore. I'll just start making a custom Distro and maybe help Zisly ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back