• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Ban realmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
If you don't like Real Maps, don't play them. If you want to play with players, go to real maps.

OTland is way different then OTFans and ALOT Better. Banishing real maps is saying lets banish TFS users on Http://otservlist.org i know it happened but it's unblocked because he relises its fucking stupid as just as much as your thread.

Btw. Stop Crying.

You have to relise, alot of custom maps came into play because of XML Users... you don't look at everything 100%... you really need to know some facts about old OTS before even posting. Alot of great OTS was XML.

If you don't like Real Maps, don't play them. If you want to play with players, go to real maps.

OTland is way different then OTFans and ALOT Better. Banishing real maps is saying lets banish TFS users on Http://otservlist.org i know it happened but it's unblocked because he relises its fucking stupid as just as much as your thread.

Btw. Stop Crying.

Lol calm down mojo.

1. I agree OTland is better. I never said it wasn't did I? I used OTFans as an example. So drop it.
  2. Don't banish realmaps on lists. I never said that, I said to banish the actual maps from being downloaded not used. Make them yourselves.
  3. I don't play tibia. So I'm saying this as an owner. I don't give a flying fuck what someones server is like. If I want to go play with players I'll play global tibia. Not a realmap knockoff.
  4. I'm not crying. Do you see tears or "Waahs" in my posts? Didn't think so. I'm stating a simple fact trying to save the community from the direction its been going.
  5. Advertise realmaps. I don't care. Its great, wonderful, if you actually worked on it.

EDIT:
You have to relise, alot of custom maps came into play because of XML Users... you don't look at everything 100%... you really need to know some facts about old OTS before even posting. Alot of great OTS was XML.
Wtf are you talking about? Nothing todo with anything. And don't give me a history lesson buddy ;p

Your talking about more custom maps right? Alot of custom maps was used on XML [for example Aries] servers and not SQL based servers [tfs]

Your talking about more custom maps right? Alot of custom maps was used on XML [for example Aries] servers and not SQL based servers [tfs]

Wow, didn't realize I was debating with someone who is ignorant of open tibia (ignorant isn't a bad thing, it just means you don't understand)

Anyway. XML and SQL servers were just two different ways to store data. They have nothing todo with maps. Maps did start out as .xml format, then they transitioned to .otx, and now to the format we know today, .otbm

If you're saying that the first SQL based servers had realmaps with them, you are wrong there as well. No distros really came with them already in it. Just a few as I recall.

I know exactly what the process is. What im trying to get a point across here is

alot of noobs can map well. and don't want to learn how to use SQL servers so they use XML alot of people were complaining about this when XML was never be compiled anymore on both discussion forums

I hardly see your point, I see what you're getting at. But thats very far-fetched. I highly doubt that because XML servers were deprecated that Skilled Mappers that didn't want to transition their servers started making custom maps for old XML servers...the same maps that worked for SQL servers. So in the end..whats your point?

This has nothing todo with banning realmaps from being downloaded. So please state a more clear point or present a more palpable con.

I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

This has nothing todo with banning realmaps from being downloaded. So please state a more clear point or present a more palpable con.

Ok your point is?

I just owned you. i'm going to sleep and then im gonna relise what i've done XD

Wow you're delusional. Don't take my quotes out of context. The last quote is saying "This has nothing todo with banning realmaps from being downloaded." to your point. In other words the statement you made does not relate to the complaint in the first post. Which is what you quoted out of context.

EDIT: goodnight, and feel happy about owning me. When you wake up, you'll see it was a dream ;p But anyway, any admin take this into consideration. I'm 90% sure you won't even consider doing this, but it was worth a shot.

Last edited:
I completely agree. It's ****** up that half of the servers on OTServ lists use Tibias map(Thanks alot to the ones that releases and updates it! ...). Banishing it from OtLand would hopefully cut the numbers at least a bit. What i really want though, is that the ones "developing"(tracking and scripting) the ******* Tibia maps stop doing it.

Signed!

Lol completely disagree on this one, RL maps are very hard work to maintain...you dont just put it up and expect to have many people. Try scripting every rl map quest and tell me how it goes for you. Its ignorant to single out people hosting rl maps when some of them put 100s of hours fixing bugs and making it more realistic. Its not about what you want its about what the players want..they get a choice to play on rl maps or customs..who are we to dictate anything. Personally I have no time to make a custom map from scratch and all the custom maps released are overused..RL Maps are common but can be very unique :)

Syntax you are just jeleaous because nobody is playing on your OT. So stop blaming and flaming rl maps makers. Invest in ads and you will find some players to your OT.

Lol completely disagree on this one, RL maps are very hard work to maintain...you dont just put it up and expect to have many people. Try scripting every rl map quest and tell me how it goes for you. Its ignorant to single out people hosting rl maps when some of them put 100s of hours fixing bugs and making it more realistic. Its not about what you want its about what the players want..they get a choice to play on rl maps or customs..who are we to dictate anything. Personally I have no time to make a custom map from scratch and all the custom maps released are overused..RL Maps are common but can be very unique :)

Unique? In what way can a copy be unique? Anyways, i wouldn't mind if only the ones that did spend time perfecting them had Tibia copied maps. I don't see why there should be over 1500 of the exact same thing though. Do you? The easy fix is that all people copying tibias map and scripts and releasing them stop doing so. Then we would se alot less tibia maps, and only the very good, hard worked-on tibia-map servers will be left.

Definitely with Syntax.

Down with Real Maps.

Real Maps are completely boring, its the same routine over and over again. I am with Syntax 100%.

Syntax is right that like 90% of otservlists is realmaps they're only downoading and start it with money and then it closes after they got money.

I think everybody knows that 90% of otservlist is realmaps.. But, otland should anyway allow them...

If you don't like real maps dont use them lol, all im saying is they tend to be very populated...you know what your getting with a real map. Nobody's stealing your real map are they? someone tracked it and was nice enough to post it. Personally I like Real map w/ customs, they are best for wars and new quests when your higher level :)

Syntax you are just jeleaous because nobody is playing on your OT. So stop blaming and flaming rl maps makers. Invest in ads and you will find some players to your OT.

I'm jealous? First I don't even have an ot server. I've been helping people in the forums and releasing scripts. :p and a little bit of Fallout 3 but thats besides the point. I don't give a shit about the servers and how many players there are. I give a shit about the real maps being downloaded and ran, take donations, make money, close. They put no effort into their work and realmaps should be banned so they can't do this. But if you're too ignorant to realize that 90% of realmaps on otlists are doing this, than leave this thread and let people that know what they are talking about discuss this.

As far as I know that statement relates to about 5% of all realmaps. Most of the more popular quests are already scripted. And you need to read my posts more clearly. I state I don't mind people hosting them. I mind noobs downloading the maps and running them. So congratz if you put 100s of hours of work into them. Thats wonderful.

I'm jealous? First I don't even have an ot server. I've been helping people in the forums and releasing scripts. :p and a little bit of Fallout 3 but thats besides the point. I don't give a shit about the servers and how many players there are. I give a shit about the real maps being downloaded and ran, take donations, make money, close. They put no effort into their work and realmaps should be banned so they can't do this. But if you're too ignorant to realize that 90% of realmaps on otlists are doing this, than leave this thread and let people that know what they are talking about discuss this.

As far as I know that statement relates to about 5% of all realmaps. Most of the more popular quests are already scripted. And you need to read my posts more clearly. I state I don't mind people hosting them. I mind noobs downloading the maps and running them. So congratz if you put 100s of hours of work into them. Thats wonderful.

You are already getting attitude, and I dont even know you...I am just disagreeing with your thread and telling you why. You must like the attention? Why would an rl map taking donations be any different than opening an evo or armonia map and shutting it down?
you work for cipsoft or something? Donating is an option. Nothing more needs to be said...hosting serious servers isnt free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back