• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Ban realmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
@Up,
I do think a lot of people are here because of RL Maps,
maybe not 40% will leave, but maybe 25-30.

If Rl map is banned, 95% of OTLand people will leave.

Didn't you bother to read the posts above yours?

Tibia maps are just a small part of OtLand, your comment just doesn't make sense... tell me how the .... can OtLand loose 95% of the community by prohibiting the Tibia map download?

Think about it.

global map + global map servers need ban.
CIP soft pay for your make maps.
anothers track a map ?
you like thief yours codes ?

Didn't you bother to read the posts above yours?

Tibia maps are just a small part of OtLand, your comment just doesn't make sense... tell me how the .... can OtLand loose 95% of the community by prohibiting the Tibia map download?

Think about it.

Yo Archez, I like your website :D But yea, I think RL map should be banned, but the problem is... It won't be. He he. Cause all the ad money from them would be gone. And most donators here are RL map OT owners anyways.

rl maps and more rl map scripts is a huge reason otland pwns otfans..im not jumping on the bandwagon on this one lol...

oh man I just typed a big nice organized pros and cons post but I hit f5 and my browser refreshed...can someone type up one and ill post some more stuff to it ;p

oh man I just typed a big nice organized pros and cons post but I hit f5 and my browser refreshed...can someone type up one and ill post some more stuff to it ;p

damn hate it wen that happens haha

I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

agree, Way to many realtib servers thesedays only got one purpose and that's cuz either they never reached anywhere above level30 on realtibia and never got the chance to powerabuse OR there's money involved.

Loads of reasons why people shouldn't use Realmaps on OpenTibia rather than playing real tibia. All the Realmaps is just a proof of how lazy people are thesedays and the OpenTibia maps prevent development of OpenTibia Mapping cuz custom maps aint popular due all the Lame Realtibia maps.

Custom maps > Realtibia maps.

agree, Way to many realtib servers thesedays only got one purpose and that's cuz either they never reached anywhere above level30 on realtibia and never got the chance to powerabuse OR there's money involved.

Loads of reasons why people shouldn't use Realmaps on OpenTibia rather than playing real tibia. All the Realmaps is just a proof of how lazy people are thesedays and the OpenTibia maps prevent development of OpenTibia Mapping cuz custom maps aint popular due all the Lame Realtibia maps.

Custom maps > Realtibia maps.

why would you want to force players to play custom maps lol...I think the RL Map is perfectly designed..you don't see 100mb custom maps often usually their tiny. Wars in rl tib is pwn!! so therefore RL maps on an OT are even more pwn with free prem, higher rates, etc..u guys make it sound like people hosting rl maps is a huge scam...its the SAME as hosting custom stolen maps...people rarely make their own maps I mean like really rare.

Because the Custom servers that worked ages on their servers dun get as much players as they should - thereby the faith in real OpenTibia server dies with the RealTibia maps.

1. Please quote everything I said, there is some useful info in there ;)

2. Yes some people deserve more players for having awesome custom maps...but tibia is a great game for a reason because its tibia. When you change all the maps vocations etc..then your playing someone's game that has little to no experience with game design. Generally speaking ofcourse. Taking away rl maps would have a negative impact..indefinitely. Im not arguing because I am bored or need more rl maps? It's because I strongly believe banning rl maps from being dowloaded will weaken the community here, Otland ftw?

@Topic,
This is like saying "Ban Talaturen!"
It will not happen.

Close Thread.

why would you want to force players to play custom maps lol...I think the RL Map is perfectly designed..you don't see 100mb custom maps often usually their tiny. Wars in rl tib is pwn!! so therefore RL maps on an OT are even more pwn with free prem, higher rates, etc..u guys make it sound like people hosting rl maps is a huge scam...its the SAME as hosting custom stolen maps...people rarely make their own maps I mean like really rare.

I'd rather play a custom "stolen" map than a real tibia map.

RPG servers are dead these dayz

Thank you!! I thought I was the crazy one for a min!

That doesn't mean I like RL Maps...
I am just saying, he isn't even going to read this thread.
(Probably not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back