• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Ban realmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but there's a lot of politics involved here.

1. Talaturen's servers are using Real map I believe. (I'm not sure)

2. Real map owners get a lot of players the first week so they get a lot of donations, and they use that donations to advertise on OTSLIST, which is owned by OTLand, I believe. (Probably why OTLand doesn't have ads, which is nice, but I wouldn't mind it.)

3. Reasons 1 & 2. heh heh

The topic starter is talking about forbidding the release of "real tibia maps" for download.

The topic starter is talking about forbidding the release of "real tibia maps" for download.

Heh heh, I was talking about the politics that forbids the forbidding of the release of "real tibia maps" for download. :)

If you don't like Real Maps, don't play them. If you want to play with players, go to real maps.

OTland is way different then OTFans and ALOT Better. Banishing real maps is saying lets banish TFS users on Http://otservlist.org i know it happened but it's unblocked because he relises its fucking stupid as just as much as your thread.

Btw. Stop Crying.

He isn't crying, that's why we have a feedback board. If he wants to play a Real Map with players then CipSoft's servers are the best option. Banishing RL maps from here has nothing to do with banishing tfs from otservlist, maps have nothing to do with servers (technically they do). TFS was banished for another reason, please get your facts straight before posting.

You have to relise, alot of custom maps came into play because of XML Users... you don't look at everything 100%... you really need to know some facts about old OTS before even posting. Alot of great OTS was XML.

Since when real maps came with XML servers? If I am not mistaken XML existed only on OTFans and RL maps are not allowed there.

Ok your point is?

I just owned you. i'm going to sleep and then im gonna relise what i've done XD

He's point is clear: Disallow the release of the real map. Your point is?

I think we should not allow the real map too, let users track them themselves.

He isn't crying, that's why we have a feedback board. If he wants to play a Real Map with players then CipSoft's servers are the best option. Banishing RL maps from here has nothing to do with banishing tfs from otservlist, maps have nothing to do with servers (technically they do). TFS was banished for another reason, please get your facts straight before posting.

Since when real maps came with XML servers? If I am not mistaken XML existed only on OTFans and RL maps are not allowed there.

He's point is clear: Disallow the release of the real map. Your point is?

I think we should not allow the real map too, let users track them themselves.

yes and disallow the release of any map period. :)
because banning rl maps only is racist :p

I may be wrong, but there's a lot of politics involved here.

1. Talaturen's servers are using Real map I believe. (I'm not sure)

2. Real map owners get a lot of players the first week so they get a lot of donations, and they use that donations to advertise on OTSLIST, which is owned by OTLand, I believe. (Probably why OTLand doesn't have ads, which is nice, but I wouldn't mind it.)

3. Reasons 1 & 2. heh heh

1. Who asked? The topic is to ban the tibian map download.

2. OTSLIST.org is not owned by OtLand, and OtLand don't use Adds because they are annoying.

yes and disallow the release of any map period. :)
because banning rl maps only is racist :p

Okay let's ban everything here since banning maps is racist too (racists against otserv). There's a difference between custom maps and the real map. If you want to play a real map just play cipsoft's servers. The only difference between Real map servers is just the staff and the rates.

Why is it racist for copying some work that is already copyrighted by law. It will be alot better and safe for OTLand. I also know that ragezone (also development community) is threaded by some of the owners of copyrighted material. They can letterly shutdown the whole OTLand community from the host datacenter. Thats why it is better to continue witheout any thread of Cipsoft.

Hope you guys will learn from it.

Last post here ;) :p

Wodian,,

Why is it racist for copying some work that is already copyrighted by law. It will be alot better and safe for OTLand. I also know that ragezone (also development community) is threaded by some of the owners of copyrighted material. They can letterly shutdown the whole OTLand community from the host datacenter. Thats why it is better to continue witheout any thread of Cipsoft.

Hope you guys will learn from it.

Last post here ;) :p

Wodian,,

I don't think it's that easy to shut down Talaturen's community ;)

Well im not going to get into the copyrighted thing...because lots of things we use are copyrighted from Cip, the client, the sprites in the client especially. The website, and the map. Other than that we're free to do whatever we want.

Well im not going to get into the copyrighted thing...because lots of things we use are copyrighted from Cip, the client, the sprites in the client especially. The website, and the map. Other than that we're free to do whatever we want.

The website and the map is copyrighted indeed. Hosting an otserv is not illegal, it's written from scratch. Using their client to play otserv is not illegal too. It's against their EULA, the only thing they could do against you is to banish your account on their servers.

The client may not be but there sprites for sure are. I'm 100% positive. And that makes the client illegal unless you have full custom sprites, which I doubt anyone has.

The client may not be but there sprites for sure are. I'm 100% positive. And that makes the client illegal unless you have full custom sprites, which I doubt anyone has.

But thats a part of the client...

Hey Syntax, I don't know if you've saw my post earlier, but this is pretty much a political hurdle you must overcome before any "real" suggestion can be made.

Basically there's a lot of complicated behind the scene stuff happens here that we probably don't know and probably shouldn't know anyways. heh heh.

Think about it this way. There's no such thing as free lunch. Even though Open Tibia is "open source," and there's not a pricetag attached to using it, but remember that the developers need to earn some modest income too. Obviously nobody is going to say "Hey, I don't want money at all, let me spent thousands of hours coding and re-coding a software for free."

Real maps are a huge part of driving revenues for the Open Tibia project, obviously as many people pointed out earlier about something like 90% of ads on OTLists are RL maps. So the direct consequences of limiting/banning RL map downloads here will impact the ad-highlight revenue of corresponding OTList services. I believe the reason why OTLand doesn't have ads is #1. It is supported by donator funds, and #2 it is supported partly by some revenue from OTS-LIST.org

So it is very unlikely that any banning of RL Maps will happen, unless you propose to Talaturen to pay for his ad fees heh heh.

You have a point in banning the tibia'n map but still I don't see it necessary to ban them. Every person has the right to chose which map he want to use. If you guys think Cipsoft can sue us because their map is being tracked and posted here they can't because we aren't hosting the map in our database it is hosted on another site but posted here :)

OTSLIST isnt owned by otland.. hhmhm? And what persons do u mean by saying - otland?

BTW- why rl maps are not allowed in otfans? xd

I think this whole situtation is unnecessary.
If you don't like RL Maps, do not be affiliated with them at all.
Stop complaining, deleting/banning them will not happen.

I am sure Talaturen likes the amount of members on his forum,
and if RL Maps are deleted, surely 40% or more of the community will leave.
(As much as I hate to say it, it's pretty much true).

Close Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back