• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Ban realmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
I don't see where I got an attitude...? I curse a few times but thats how I talk ;p. I thought I was being pretty nice. And yeah you caught me I love attention. Can't get enough -.- lol. Anyway, no I don't work for shitsoft but I do think we stole enough from em :p But thats not really important right now. You say whats the difference than opening an evo or armonia map? Well trying to make money off of any map is stupid but you have to admit how many custom maps ripping people off compared to rlmaps... Hosters that don't do any work take advantage of the situation. Especially rlmap hosters. Donating is an option yes. But come on its not really donating at the point where the site says "Shop" you can "buy" items that have +212432attack. But once again thats not the point. I believe in donations to keep the server running. Don't believe in free rides.

I don't see where I got an attitude...? I curse a few times but thats how I talk ;p. I thought I was being pretty nice. And yeah you caught me I love attention. Can't get enough -.- lol. Anyway, no I don't work for shitsoft but I do think we stole enough from em :p But thats not really important right now. You say whats the difference than opening an evo or armonia map? Well trying to make money off of any map is stupid but you have to admit how many custom maps ripping people off compared to rlmaps... Hosters that don't do any work take advantage of the situation. Especially rlmap hosters. Donating is an option yes. But come on its not really donating at the point where the site says "Shop" you can "buy" items that have +212432attack. But once again thats not the point. I believe in donations to keep the server running. Don't believe in free rides.

Hmm trying to comprehend all that..you just confused me :blink: we have more rl maps because they are more popular with getting large amounts of players. Any hoster is going to want many players on his ot. I still dont see why you hate rl maps so much...I think what you hate more is people that open shit ot's just for donations then close them? Because I could name a handful of custom map OTs that had loads of players and stole all their money :thumbup:
RL Maps, and custom maps are all custom in the end because you cant get a good rl map without fixing it yourself. they are more work than the custom maps offered on the site.

EDIT: Real Map project will be the death of most custom maps if they release their V9 lol
which I DONT want them to do. discontinue the project please..people work hard for good real maps.

signed,

The ots need more custom rpg maps, and it used to be custom maps all the time, why is it now a rl tibia outbreak, its like the people running them are infected with some kinda of "Disease" >.>

signed,

The ots need more custom rpg maps, and it used to be custom maps all the time, why is it now a rl tibia outbreak, its like the people running them are infected with some kinda of "Disease" >.>

So you dont want stolen rl maps but your ok with stolen custom maps?

This thread is madness!
There are no good rl maps that you can get, you have to work for it!
Their are ready to go customs on the site you can set up in a day LOL
Maybe I should post a thread no maps at all offered on site :)
Then we all happy.

I'm running a real map now but work everyday hard on it to improve it. Also the money we get from donations go to the dedi and also if we have enough we can buy a second dedicated to host or custom ot:).

I'm running a real map now but work everyday hard on it to improve it. Also the money we get from donations go to the dedi and also if we have enough we can buy a second dedicated to host or custom ot:).

haha see now thats what I like to hear, keep up the good work :p

Good :)

So you dont want stolen rl maps but your ok with stolen custom maps?

This thread is madness!
There are no good rl maps that you can get, you have to work for it!
Their are ready to go customs on the site you can set up in a day LOL
Maybe I should post a thread no maps at all offered on site :)
Then we all happy.

That would be great! Let's banish the release of maps and force everyone to make custom ones :D

People play realmaps because they know realmaps, they've played them before. It's a good pvp map. And people in tibia/ot like pvp, so it's much easier to play a real map. Nobody wants to spend time searching good pvp places on a custom ot, unfortunately 90% of the custom ots is 1000x exp or more.

People play realmaps because they know realmaps, they've played them before. It's a good pvp map. And people in tibia/ot like pvp, so it's much easier to play a real map. Nobody wants to spend time searching good pvp places on a custom ot, unfortunately 90% of the custom ots is 1000x exp or more.

I would more say, that player like Rl map because it make sense, it looks good, and it's possible to block other dudes in passages and such...

many people hate Custom maps because most of them are ugly and bad made overall.. and to squary and also to big areas to walk in with none details..

I've played like 20 different custom maps, and I didn't like any of them, since you'd almost find a Demon just 5 sqm outside Depot :S

Now today I haven't tried much yet, last time was like 5 months ago, and that was a bad randomed 8.4 -.-"

Lets KILL THE REAL MAP!
GO FOR CUSTOMIA!!!
I saw someone saying that it's a hard work maintaining scripts , well there are people that do that and then release it so people can download and run server immediately.

In my opinion, real maps are made for pvp, nothing more. Because it really is a great pvp feeling on the realmaps. i like pvping, but like questing too. and doing all quest over and over again is not that, thats why i liked syphera (creator of "nazoria"). had custom quests and monster, was really cool.

I dont really want to destory "all" realmaps, but the most of them. as you said, many people are just making realmaps for getting cash in rl and some dosnt like iceshaw, softcore and twinforce. but thats bcuz itsa nice host(otland you know? haha) they cant really reset those server, i think it would be a HUGE downfall of otland. well, they are having those server for money for sure, but they dosnt abuse their power.

long text, im sorry ._. haha

i agree with syntax, if u want real map go play real tibia ;)

I think using real map is a really cool idea, it's awesome that we can play on CipSoft's map under any condition.

I think it just went too far.

A large portion of people just host real map servers just because they are greedy. The chances of people donating is very high.
Custom map is defined as a map that is not released and made 100% from scratch, so don't ever ever ever think people using Evolutions, YurOTs, RoXoR is a custom map.
Look at a couple servers out there that are custom map...
Whops, there's only 3-4 custom servers that top the otservlist.org regularly, 3 of them are Americans, because we're the ones that realize its a complete threat to our social society: Forge of the Elements, Collapsers, and Forgotten Legends. The 4th one is from Poland and its Dragon Ball Legends.
It's just sad to see... everything is THE SAME!

The only real map that I respected: Narozia

What I want to see is OTLand doing what OTFans did, just ban real maps from the forum, but not in general.

Syntax, great idea but all are free to use it!

dont need ban nothing people for got the rl map

I love rl maps!
I host one without donations only for fun!!!!
I am with assasin legend :p

Fuck real maps, come to my server... ;d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back