• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best place to buy a Dedicated Server/VPS?

sim242

Reaction score
Okay so recently I've considered started up a brand new OT in the hopes to create a brilliant OT that many people can enjoy. My brother coded a lot and mapped a lot of custom things many years ago but gave up due to troubles. I now want to join him and help make this happen.

Basically we want the OT experience to be as good as it can be so we have considered buying either a Dedicated Server or a VPS. The problem is everywhere we look it seems that the services offered are fairly expensive so I thought the better option would be to post here as many people here have a lot of experience with OT's and know the best places to go when it comes to hosting.

All we are after is a Dual core Processor (Quad core if possible but not too expensive), at least 4GB's of RAM, Unlimited Bandwidth (obviously bandwidth would be an issue so unlimited is preferred, if you think you know how much bandwidth is needed and it could reduce cost then please do post) and I think that's about it. Thanks a lot for the help guys, really appreciate any posts that can help us in some way.

Obviously we want the cheapest options possible but at the same time we don't want the price to affect the performance so if the host is crap then please don't post it due to price. One more thing, we'd prefer it if the Dedicated Server/VPS was hosted in England.

Many Thanks guys for any help you can offer :)

Yeah I saw that, I wasn't too sure about it though. I think I'd prefer a professional host. Thanks for your help anyway :)

Long time ago i used server4you.com for some freelance work i did. I dont know how are they doing now because i use more expensive providers now. Really good hosting is always $200 monthly, for an OT try them. They are the cheapest i have tried.

200$ is nothing lol. 1month = 30~ days. 20 hours by 10$ for 1 hour work, 20 hourwork in 30 days shared in 20 hours is obv. nothing , if he earns money with it it is balanced out. and tbh I would love to ONLY pay 200 for an ot. tbh I never spent under 500 till now since I had some ddos protection(fking hard to host a good oldschool server without beeign ddos'd)

I'm not gonna stick to this thread because comments will keep popping and different opinions so this is gonna be my last post but for me 200$ is not needed for a regular ots and not even 100 online maybe 500+ or something insane also can you please otland community stop talking about ddos protection as something "new" and "special feature"? only people who want your money would sell you ddos protection as soemthing special, ddos attacks have been there for yeeeeeeeaaaarsss and the attacks are no that different now probably OTs didn't care too much about that because there werent too many noobish programs around (1 button send-attack programs), software firewalls have been there for yeeeearrsss too and is your duty to configure it (too bad if you didn't realize you had to do it long ago) and hardware firewalls have been there for yeeeeeearrsss too and most of the companies have it for free you don't even have to ask for it if you are hosting in a bad hardware company is your problem men but stop thinking ddos protection is WOW stuff plzx

Thanks for the help guys, I think we're going to go with OVS for now and see how that goes. Many thanks to everyone that suggested somewhere :)

Back