• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best server + map for Raspberry PI 4 (4gb)?

Sycrid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've not been on here in a while, but I keep getting pulled back to tibia over the years (spent a lot of my childhood playing it).

Anyway like many of you I want to run a tibia server on my home network, but I want to leave it on permanently and at a low cost. I am therefore wanting to know what I can realistically run on a Raspberry PI 4 with 4gb of ram. Has anyone done this yet?

I would like a sizeable map, but I fully understand that running the original tibia map would be a challenge, so what can I get? I can see a lot of maps in the download section, can someone make some suggestions here?

For clarity, it would only be me playing on this server, and I would do so from a Linux client. I would ideally like creatures that can be get my character from level 0 through to level 100, but I wonder if populating a sizable map with that many creatures is even possible on a Pi4.

Thanks in advance.

It's been a long time since I've ran a server so I'm not certain on the resource consumption but IIRC a Pi4 with 4gb is enough. Your best bet is to compile TFS on your Pi and start it up. I know TFS comes with a small map and some monsters out of the box.

I believe if you are not using a big map like rl map(150 mb?) you will be fine. If you are using a rl map, 8 gb is enough, the server itself uses like 3gb but 4 gb may be too tight.

I would think that CPU usage would be the limiting factor here? We're all aware that you need more ram for more map so no one should be making that mistake but unless you're pretty strict with which scripts and modifications you use you could find yourself maxing your cpu usage pretty easily. Even people using a VPS or dedicated server run in to CPU issues every now and then and with such a weak cpu on the rpi the server would be less forgiving to 'bad' code or scripts.

Back