• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best way to prevent mass pking of newcomers?

As Helga requested from me...

Code:
        GuildEmblems_t tmp = getGuildEmblem(player);
        if((hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_CanWalkthrough) || player->isWalkable() || (((g_game.getWorldType() == WORLDTYPE_OPTIONAL
                && (tmp == EMBLEM_NONE || tmp == EMBLEM_BLUE)) || (player->getVocation()->isAttackable() && player->getVocationId() < 10 &&
                player->getLevel() < (uint32_t)g_config.getNumber(ConfigManager::PROTECTION_LEVEL))) && player->getTile()->ground &&
                Item::items[player->getTile()->ground->getID()].walkStack)) && (!player->hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_GamemasterPrivileges)
                || player->getAccess() <= getAccess())) //Elf
                return true;

With this piece of code, is it possible to walk through players that stand infront of a depot ?

Great piece of code elf, reptard 4 u :)

Try make a area just for ppl under 50 when they reach 50 they will automatic be tped to main land

With this piece of code, is it possible to walk through players that stand infront of a depot ?

Great piece of code elf, reptard 4 u :)

Not as long as you has "depot tiles" in the depot-tile. Check items.xml and you'll see stackable="0" or smthng.

If you run 8.53, I would suggest going TFS 0.4 + protection level, I can borrow you one line of code which allows walking through protected players, so they cannot block on wars.

That's Genius!

You need a protection lvl high as possilbe and but also low, feel me ? My server will have 70, which i think, is the right pro-lvl. Just my opinion..

The 0.4 solution presented by Elf seem to be the best way. :p

Nope. You can run 8.57 and 8.53 at once, and 8.57 contains no protocol changes. Actually I think it contains only new items :p The stackin- yes, as in Tibia, since some rev 3200.

Code:
        if((hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_CanWalkthrough) || player->isWalkable() ||
                (player->getVocation()->isAttackable() && player->getLevel() < (uint32_t)g_config.getNumber(
                ConfigManager::PROTECTION_LEVEL) && Item::items[player->getTile()->ground->getID()].walkStack))
                && (!player->hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_GamemasterPrivileges) || player->getAccess() <= getAccess()))

Third conditional statement at Player class method: canWalkthrough.

Can you please tell me where i should add this code? I really need it too.

Since my C++ experience is the same as zero, i need some more help from you helga :) Where exactly should i the code in players.cpp..

Thanks in advance!

It's always hard to be a newcommer on a server with high levels.
It's nothing you can do about it.

If you worry about newcommers that will block with their noob chars in wars.
Use a /noob command that will let the high levels walk trough the "new commers" if they blocks you.

/Waller

an newbie town and if you get idk what lvl example 50 you get kicked

Back