• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best way to prevent mass pking of newcomers?

Helga

GZH
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a big problem on my server, the mass pking outside temples.

A lot of new players log in, go outside temple, and get instant killed.

A few ways to prevent this:
Protection level
This will help against the mass pking ofc, but there will also be loads of blocking in wars and leveling spots.

Protection Level + Kick command
I think this is quite good, but then people can still go and random teleport players just to have fun etc, and that would be really annoying.

Improved Rookgaard until level 40~
It also helps against mass pking, and people wont block wars... But players doesn't like rook and will probably x-logout.

2x more frags if you kill someone below level 50
It helps, ppl will get black skull/banishment faster, but it sux if you do an UE in a war and there's a lot of noob chars.

Teleports to DP and boat in temple
Great idea, but I guess there will still be loads of pking in spawns and 80% of the new players want to hunt in Thais in first levels.

Something need to be implemented, but what?
More ideas?
Please help me choose!

Thanks in advance,
Helga

Well..try out a teleporter to the DP..and Boat..so they wont get killed on the way to the dp xDDD

Well..try out a teleporter to the DP..and Boat..so they wont get killed on the way to the dp xDDD

lol, why haven't I thought about that earlier... Personally I don't like custom teleports in cities... But I guess it would be better... or maybe an guiding NPC like on real tibia? ;P added to post btw.

Actually it's simple.

Add a teleport-to-temple command which only functions if the player you are attempting to teleport is right in front of you.

Thus they cannot randomly teleport every newbie they see, but if that noob char decides to block their path by standing right in front of them, they can teleport them.

Either this, or add a command which does the same, exept instead of teleporting the player to the temple, it shuffles them around, teleporting them to a walkable tile within a XX square radius.

Either this, or add a command which does the same, exept instead of teleporting the player to the temple, it shuffles them around, teleporting them to a walkable tile within a XX square radius.

Hmm, that could be abused, like teleporting into treasure rooms and other places...

And also, with that kick command.. If someone is standing in DP and showing items/cash or whatever, then someone can kick em away and take the stuff? ;P

Hmm, that could be abused, like teleporting into treasure rooms and other places...

And also, with that kick command.. If someone is standing in DP and showing items/cash or whatever, then someone can kick em away and take the stuff? ;P

And exactly why would a newcomer (Level 1 or 8 or whatever) show off these items in depot, or even have them in the first place?... =P

And exactly why would a newcomer (Level 1 or 8 or whatever) show off these items in depot, or even have them in the first place?... =P

It could happen ;P You gotta think of all possible bad side effects ;P

The problem is however, that if you give commands to players, which affects other players directly, there is no way to prevent some method of abuse.

If you want 100% control, hire a large staff of GM's so that there is at least one gm online all the time, 24/7.

Hehehe u know they won't show , unless u make them :p.
I did that once in a server i wont mention the server "minera"
I told the noob: i can't see the item in trade , can you show me on dp plz?
he showed it and i teleported him, what i got next? Noob:Kurwa, **** you noob. I **** ur mam.
This shows temple teleport is not a good idea.
Question: Why?
Answer: Because noobs will start insulting you, and you will have to ignore all those noobs which is kinda impossible

If you run 8.53, I would suggest going TFS 0.4 + protection level, I can borrow you one line of code which allows walking through protected players, so they cannot block on wars.

If you run 8.53, I would suggest going TFS 0.4 + protection level, I can borrow you one line of code which allows walking through protected players, so they cannot block on wars.

Hi elf, o_O That would be awesome! But is it possible to stack in them? Like everyone can walk into the lowbie? Heard something about that on another server ;P

But yeah, that code line would be awesome, I am using TFS 0.4+, I was just about to upgrade to 3200+, but I saw that it just supports 8.57 :S will it be buggy if I enable 8.53 - 8.57?

Thanks in advance.

Nope. You can run 8.57 and 8.53 at once, and 8.57 contains no protocol changes. Actually I think it contains only new items :p The stackin- yes, as in Tibia, since some rev 3200.

Code:
        if((hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_CanWalkthrough) || player->isWalkable() ||
                (player->getVocation()->isAttackable() && player->getLevel() < (uint32_t)g_config.getNumber(
                ConfigManager::PROTECTION_LEVEL) && Item::items[player->getTile()->ground->getID()].walkStack))
                && (!player->hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_GamemasterPrivileges) || player->getAccess() <= getAccess()))

Third conditional statement at Player class method: canWalkthrough.

Last edited:

Nope. You can run 8.57 and 8.53 at once, and 8.57 contains no protocol changes. Actually I think it contains only new items :p The stackin- yes, as in Tibia, since some rev 3200.

Code:
        if((hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_CanWalkthrough) || player->isWalkable() ||
                (player->getVocation()->isAttackable() && player->getLevel() < (uint32_t)g_config.getNumber(
                ConfigManager::PROTECTION_LEVEL) && Item::items[player->getTile()->ground->getID()].walkStack))
                && (!player->hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_GamemasterPrivileges) || player->getAccess() <= getAccess()))

Third conditional statement at Player class method: canWalkthrough.

Very nice, I wand to implement it too, where to add it?

When I was first going to reply to this, I was going to say just make it not allowed in protection zones, but then you could block them off in there. Not sure if its possible, but make it not work on certain tiles, like the orange ones in front of depots, or ones with actionids for the depots

As Helga requested from me...

Code:
        GuildEmblems_t tmp = getGuildEmblem(player);
        if((hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_CanWalkthrough) || player->isWalkable() || (((g_game.getWorldType() == WORLDTYPE_OPTIONAL
                && (tmp == EMBLEM_NONE || tmp == EMBLEM_BLUE)) || (player->getVocation()->isAttackable() && player->getVocationId() < 10 &&
                player->getLevel() < (uint32_t)g_config.getNumber(ConfigManager::PROTECTION_LEVEL))) && player->getTile()->ground &&
                Item::items[player->getTile()->ground->getID()].walkStack)) && (!player->hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_GamemasterPrivileges)
                || player->getAccess() <= getAccess())) //Elf
                return true;

As Helga requested from me...

Code:
        GuildEmblems_t tmp = getGuildEmblem(player);
        if((hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_CanWalkthrough) || player->isWalkable() || (((g_game.getWorldType() == WORLDTYPE_OPTIONAL
                && (tmp == EMBLEM_NONE || tmp == EMBLEM_BLUE)) || (player->getVocation()->isAttackable() && player->getVocationId() < 10 &&
                player->getLevel() < (uint32_t)g_config.getNumber(ConfigManager::PROTECTION_LEVEL))) && player->getTile()->ground &&
                Item::items[player->getTile()->ground->getID()].walkStack)) && (!player->hasCustomFlag(PlayerCustomFlag_GamemasterPrivileges)
                || player->getAccess() <= getAccess())) //Elf
                return true;

thanks man! <3

rook until level 8, 48h for each frag, ban+warning for 5 kills in less than 48h.

forgot the gay-black-skull system.

this is enough for a low rate server.

I found a good solution.

Say level 100 is a good level on your server. What I did was, I made no protection level. This causes players to start blocking/trapping and becoming a nuisance in wars/community efforts. I personally think it's an alright idea, but can be abused extremely easily.

Instead, I set power runes (mwall/paralyze) and any other rune they can cast that would effect the outcome of a battle or be of nuisance to level 100. The desired level. This prevents players from creating noob characters to magic wall, and get in the way. This also makes higher levels thrive in battles better, because they run much faster than a character that is created just to block a battle.

I also made the frag time low. It takes about five minutes to lose a frag, and maybe 7 kills to get a red skull. This means that if a player runs into noob spawns and tries ueing them and killing them, if he's out to purely kill low levels and be an asshole, he'll get a red skull (and thus, probably be killed). But this does not penalize players that fight in wars. (team versus team combat)

Finding a good balance is what will make or break the player's will to fight on your server, but if you get it right, you can make it fun, without allowing jerks to mess up the real players. This is the best solution I've found without a rook system. Because the rook system is very unappealing for new players, even if the process is very quick.

Red

Back
Top Bottom