• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Blackstone] Mapping Thread - Reloaded

New Page / bumping the picture
[19]
m4vS8DD.png

i like it but it i think its too tight
Thanks for your opinion and I somehow agree but I think I won't change it since it's just a little outpost right beside a huge, roomy orc fortress and not the hunting place itself

Last edited:
I do agree with Darklord, as soon as I saw the picture, I got nostalgic feelings immediately. I just kept staring at it, and I still don't understand why. Don't change anything on it though, the picture is very pleasing for my eyes to watch. GJ!

It looks good. Personally I'd switch places between the lamp and palm/banana tree to the south. Those wooden planks leaning towards the houses are quite unfitting. Lastly, the sandpiles are supposed to lean towards something I think, the ones leaning towards the walls look way much better than the other ones.

Got to agree with Kaspar on this one, I like the mapping overall but switch palm/lamp and it looks wierd with sandpiles not leaning towards something, wooden planks however is quite fitting i would say.

It looks good. Personally I'd switch places between the lamp and palm/banana tree to the south. Those wooden planks leaning towards the houses are quite unfitting. Lastly, the sandpiles are supposed to lean towards something I think, the ones leaning towards the walls look way much better than the other ones.
Got to agree with Kaspar on this one, I like the mapping overall but switch palm/lamp and it looks wierd with sandpiles not leaning towards something, wooden planks however is quite fitting i would say.
Already fixed these things, thanks tho :)
Revamps are always limited in what you actually can do in a short amount of time, didn't want to restructure the whole city.

Sorry for double posting.

For those who are interested how fast I develop my map or how soon a stable version of the map will be released.
There are still 4 areas left. (black areas won't be included in the next release) Afterwards I'll inform you and update the download link. (approx. +/- 2 months, no promise)

[21]
0lGAQUV.png

Greetings

Last edited:
when you map a new area do you always map out the ground shape first before detailing it?

when you map a new area do you always map out the ground shape first before detailing it?

That's the way I do, yes. It helps me to imagine how the whole area might look in the end (structure and types of ground e.g.). It's a process from low details to a completed area

What do you do to fill in voids? I try to keep every area interesting with something new to explore but I run through all my ideas pretty quick.
One half (right) of the green area will be filled with nature only, otherwise the map would be spammed with to many spawns.
On the left there will be spawns like hunters, maybe some kind of pirate bay, cyclops or even some undeads (I actually didn't decide which one will fit better)

The yellow box will be filled with an orc fortress and some kind of magicians that took over control

Ice region: some kind of spawns, like crystal spiders, some giants, trolls and stuff like that

Desert: well, there aren't many possibilities in a desert. Another tomb, some small camps, rotworms, minotaurs... nothing special in the next release

Almost every area has some kind of secret pathing to a hidden place or a cool story that inspires me to work on it. Not every area needs to be great as fuck, I think there are many very simple spots on my map. Even a broken bridge can attract people.
I think it's hard to explain, because I map spontaniously, just like... "Oh wait, that would be cool. I'll try it out."

I think it's hard to explain, because I map spontaniously, just like... "Oh wait, that would be cool. I'll try it out."
I pretty much do the same, but sometimes i have an idea i just have to get started, but i end up with big empty areas and decide I have a million other things i could work on and ill figure it out later, and well I still have like 1/5th of a city. I really suck at filling gaps between my spawns. but like yours i pretty much want everything to connect and some cities boat access. No TPs etc

Back