• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Blinking char while mounted

Yalasari

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Im trying to fix issue with OTClient: Character is blinking while mounted.
However this doesn't happen everytime, my research revealed that problem might be with different frame numbers of char and mount animation.

Blinking: (different animation frames number)

blining-gif.32603

No Blinking: (same animation frames number)

noblinking-gif.32604

And there im asking for help how to fix it, Im working on 0.6.6 version df4220cf.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Last edited:
this is kinda relevant to ur thread but it wonts fix ur issue

lots of things are broken in otclient with new protocols, for example the first mount should hafve an idle animation (the horses flames should be burning when your standing still and many new mounts + outfit animations like this and they are all broken on otclient=)
when you move on otclient, it's very poor compared to regular client with new protocols (i made two videos comparing this) here Making otclient more smooth??
and there is more stuff bugged in regards to animations

and in tfs u have people working for functions that arent even in otclient for example yesterday there was criritcal stats and leech stats sent to client in a pull request and it got approved, these numbers are not even available in otclient. i think we must get some update on how tfs should be developed because now its supposedly made for a broken client (otclient) and yet there are updates made to support old client that they dont want us to use, but not fixes to the client that we are supposed to use its weird siutatuon. i have tried very hard to fix otclient issues but its hard for amateur coder

My idea to fix this problem is playing animation of mount and player "asynchronous", i see in source that otc is loading player and mount animation frames from one integer, and this creates problem, otc calls for ex. 9th frame of mount and 9th frame of char animation, but while mount really have 9 frames char have only 8 frames and there otc is trying to call animation frame that doesn't exist. But i don't really know how to do it ;/

I'm pretty sure this happens because the mount has more animation frames than the outfit.
For example, if the mount has 9 frames and outfit has 3, it tries to sync them up displaying the same frame number for both of them, but fails to display the character on 6 frames, because they don't exist:
2EW9PDn.png

(All red fields represent a frame that doesn't exist in the Outfit object, which will be 'invisible' if attempted to be displayed, thus causing the 'blinking').

I faced this problem before, and it was exactly due to this.

Edit: Was writing this sleepy, some numbers in my text post were off. Fixed now

Last edited:
Anyone already fixed it or know solution? i tried to fix it but everything i tried fails.
Some of my "fixes" causes mount "skip" animation and other causes "freeze" char.

I would appreciate any help

Like AngelOT said above, the fix to this problem is simply to match the amount of frames in your outfits to the amount of frames in your mounts. If any of them has more/less frames than the other, the issue will persist. I fixed it for myself that way as well.

You could argue there are other ways to fix this, programmatically, to make some sort of client logic that will check if the amount of frames is unsynced, then just continue to repeat the original leftover frames from the outfit, to avoid blinking. However, I'm sure most people here without knowledge to make such changes to the client, will rather opt out for the first solution which is doable by anyone.

Back