• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Book of Lies - Joshwa's cynical game.

Since your rant mainly consists of quoting me I guess I'll reply.

Banishment was automatic and justified. They were informed almost 40h prior to banishment that their login server is breaking the rules, they were given a time to fix the problem or delete the server from the list until they fix their login server.

First, a 24 hour ban is not a warning. This would be detrimental to a server's launch, thankfully we have our own following.
Put yourself in a server owner's shoes where they launch their server, and for whatever reason trigger your "automatic banishment" that seems to work so well judging from the countless threads in the section. I wonder how many server launches your system has ruined.

I have an idea. If you can detect spoof accurately enough, why don't you just report the correct number of players, at least then you would not falsely ban servers, you would just have the wrong count. If you cannot detect accurately enough, well that's why you have so many threads.

They didn't do that, and they got automatically banned just like I warned them. What was the reason of the banishment?
Their login server was returning the last known number of players online even when they server crashed and was offline. Such server should return the information that it is offline not the last known number of players online which is totally unfair for other server owners. In the moment of the banishment they were returning 914 players online and were second on the list while their server was in fact OFFLINE.

Yes the players_online table wasn't cleared because it happens on shutdown and startup and we had a crash, it's nothing with the code, it's the process.
It was unexpected and the entire team was debugging the situation and handling communication with the community. I did not notice the online list was still cached.
I don't think that justifies a 24 hour ban as I mentioned above.

Here is a proof, screenshot of send email to Syntax:
GTqMJNv.png

Proof that you sent a "warning"? I'm not sure we ever disputed that you sent an email. We said you banished us three times. First last year, second as this "warning" and the final ban. So yes, nice email, and thanks for including my name.

Joshwa made a strong statement, however don't fall to his cynical game. Everything he and his team do is to make a huge buzz around the server. All he wants is free publicity. He manipulates and lies. Everything could be solved in a respectful manner, despite their fault, however he decided to go on a war. Lets start with a timeline to this war topic.

The main reason for this thread is no other complaints against you seem to go noticed. Do you think we really need to be on your list, or we need "free publicity". We've handled promoting and running campaigns already. Notice we have players before this thread.

6) Syntax answers and talks some more lies here. https://otland.net/threads/france-t...6-2016-15-00-cest.243552/page-30#post-2369658

This is a lie. Syntax answered my email however they did nothing to fix the problem and haven't deleted the server from the list to avoid banishment. He didn't send the email BEFORE they started to send fake status (Why even you think it's ok to send an email saying "we fake status don't ban us"). I was the one who started the conversation and send them a warning.

Everything in that post of mine was truth. I don't know if you can't read, but as I said the list was cached in the database.
The "warning" ban is iffy, but okay, I was even somewhat okay with it. In the post you linked I was trying to be civil.
The final ban, however, since we decided to disable the cast system entirely took a few seconds to apply a change. We were offline for the time it took the server to boot up (as I said before the table is cleared on startup). It was cleared almost immediately. That was our last downtime, we were in your list before we went down. Later on I heard we were removed from your list.
That is a ridiculous response time for an automated ban.

So you could delete the server from the list if 24h weren't enought to fix your login server. You didn't do that. You wanted a free publicity and now your whole team cries that our automatic tools banished your server. This is exactly why I've sent that warning.

Another LIE. 613 players online were in a moment when I send you a warning. WHen your server got banned you had 913 players online.
7) I haven't yet answered to this topic, I didn't say anything about keeping the banishment or ubanning. However, they started all that drama. They didn't wait for my answer, they didn't try to reach me. They started a war. That's why I think they are cynical and it's just part of their campaign.

The 613 was the first warning "ban". The 913 was the final ban, yes. This was definitely the illegitimate ban mentioned above.
So either you really have a flaw in your "automatic tools" or you targeted our server.

I believe you already know why they got banned with their live server so there is no need to repeat the text. About the beta server here comes another cynical manipulation. He mentioned that the server got automatically banned but he didn't mentin that it was unbanned THE SAME DAY after Syntax contacted me. I didn't do any problems and explained to Syntax why our system banned the server (huge number of players on the server without history added from the account without any history). More info about it is here: https://otland.net/threads/the-ox-server-pre-banned.231046/#post-2229711
And here is a screenshot of what Syntax said then about that post and whole situation:
brOPfYL.png

The post is here if you want to check it: https://otland.net/threads/the-ox-server-pre-banned.231046/#post-2230138

This right here is a prime example of your poor system. A server with no history and no account history gets banned automatically?
It was banned before I even had a chance to add it. We launched our beta, hit 500 players -> I attempted to add the server -> Your server is banned.
Why would you rely on this method, how is a server supposed to have a successful launch if they are banned for their success.
If your spoof detection is so accurate, rely on that, not on nonsense like this.

I believe that your team's reputation is 0 right now and "absolutely zero proofs" turned into wall of proofs.

Our reputation is fine. I haven't talked to one person that likes you or thinks you aren't corrupt.

I didn't target any server. There were and there are numerous competitors on the list which even had higher number of players online than ox or even Hexera. Why I didn't target them? Why Thronx, Shadowcores or Gunzodus weren't banned? Because everything about that servers were ok. Why aurera, fortera, premiera are on the list? They even had or have more players online than Hexera or Hexura? Why? Because I'm totally fine about competition. It's just false accusation. Another lie in our book of lies.

I don't think you would sacrifice your great cash cow server list by removing all other top servers. You need servers for people to go to your list, I doubt it would do too well, but maybe you could fit more Hexera ads that way. Why target us specifically, I don't know, it's either you feel Hexera is threatened or it really is your automatic tools and they have a serious flaw.

... continued

I think nobody who runs some kind of OT-list do not want server that is OFFLINE to be at the top of the list. That's just shame for both sides.
I am surprised of arrogant behaviour of the OX owners and that they cant realize that the custom stuff behind is simply wrong.

I think you should provide a post how you stop counting that shit. Because if a server crashes it cannot update the table players_online which results in that it says blablba. (I think so, xD idk how the tfs engine or otservlist.org works)
If you want a ready solution I'm sorry but I'm not the TFS developer and I know nothing about TFS (we don't use TFS on Hexera/Hexana/Hexura). On Hexera for example our login server knows that the game isn't responding or it's notified when something related to the database happened. @gunz developed similar system for his Gunzodus, if you ask him he may share his code.

And this part is so low. Bringing Mark into it, otland's moderators or trying to boycott this community, a community from which YOU TOOK YOUR SERVER is pure hypocrisy. OXserver is based on this communities work. They use TFS and now they come here and wants to boycott it?

Well TFS was forked from OTServ, with updates offered behind a paywall, users banned for sharing it, all while still under GPL, but anywho, this was more or less questioning what your role here is, why so many people have had issue with you, why it never goes noticed, and why so many good servers disappear.

If it was so overpriced we wouldn't have reserved dates for 1 or 2 months in advance and so many returning clients. And here I want to address some rumours about the otservlist advertisement. I've never said that I will not sell an advertisement to OX. Actually even If he tried to buy a countdown, I wouldnt be able to sell it since Ryan reserved that date like 2 months earlier. Also, I don't really think Im gouging anyone.

You can't seriously defend your prices. We never once said you wouldn't sell us an advertisement, we simply said we wouldn't buy it.

Actually I think you are gouging your players. Why? Lets get some facts about oxserver:
1) You charge your players for premium/items while your deliver no content and poor stability.
Games have a rough launch sometimes, we've had an open beta, numerous PvP tests with large teams, and dedicated testers on our server throughout development.
When you add as much as we have, there's going to be some things you can't catch. You wouldn't understand, we didn't just roll with a downloaded server.
Sure those are "stable" in the fact that they run and have no crashes (generally), but the content and features are buggy and inaccurate.

2) You describe your server as 10.95 while you are missing key features such as Oramond, Roshamuul

We've said from the beginning Oramond will be implemented soon after launch, accurate quests, items, monsters, NPCs, etc. take time. You wouldn't understand.

3) You let your players CLONE ITEMS and KEEP THEM. Yes this is funny. Your CM's bashed a guy who said that he cloned Steel Helmets. Of course EVERYONE could clone ANYTHING because of how badly you managed to handle the crashes. You didn't do a full rollback and you let your players keep cloned items. Who knows how many CCs were duped. I think every developer here knows about how it works so there is no need to go into the details. If it's needed, sure I can explain it.

You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. Did you spend a total of 5 minutes reading the forums?
We handled these crashes just fine. 1) No house auctions were ended. 2) Very few market offers were placed 3) We sync player item saving with depot items.
I looked at the market offers, it wasn't worth a few steel helmets and misc things that MAY have been taken out of the market within that time. On top of all that the server had not been on long enough (yes I know oxrestarter, haha) to become that out of sync.

I really look forward to making a server list that actually works, where you can choose the latest protocol.

@Damon: Do you mind telling me which part is true? The only one I found is the one where he says that I'm owner of otservlist ;)
The fact that you have a monopol so to speak and that you have banned other server with potential previously. Don't ask me which ones. I'm not that interested in all this. However both POVs have their valid aspects that let's you re-consider your opinion. Not siding with anyone tbh

@Syntax:
I have an idea. If you can detect spoof accurately enough, why don't you just report the correct number of players, at least then you would not falsely ban servers, you would just have the wrong count. If you cannot detect accurately enough, well that's why you have so many threads.
We don't detect spoof accurately every single time. I've never said that. People who are spoofing develops new ways of fooling our system, however in your case the system was totally right.

Proof that you sent a "warning"? I'm not sure we ever disputed that you sent an email. We said you banished us three times. First last year, second as this "warning" and the final ban. So yes, nice email, and thanks for including my name.
You are repeating yourself. I already explained why you received the first ban (which YOU said that the problem was dealt very fast). Also what do you expect me to do when I see a server sending a fake status just like yours? I was nice enough to not ban you immediately, but I took my time to deactivate it for 24 hours so YOU DON"T get banned in that period and gave you time to fix it. What do you want me to do? That I will allow oxserver to keep sending fake information? You are arrogant.

I'm very sorry I included your name. I didn't know it's something you are hidding with. Simply searching for your name in google gives us information about your name, surname and the fact that you were VAC-Banned ;)

I'm very sorry I included your name. I didn't know it's something you are hidding with. Simply searching for your name in google gives us information about your name, surname and the fact that you were VAC-Banned ;)
wtf does VAC-banishment have to do with OXserver? ;o I'm also vacbanned but I've no idea what this have to do with otservlist.org and oxserver

@Syntax:

We don't detect spoof accurately every single time. I've never said that. People who are spoofing develops new ways of fooling our system, however in your case the system was totally right.

You are repeating yourself. I already explained why you received the first ban (which YOU said that the problem was dealt very fast). Also what do you expect me to do when I see a server sending a fake status just like yours? I was nice enough to not ban you immediately, but I took my time to deactivate it for 24 hours so YOU DON"T get banned in that period and gave you time to fix it. What do you want me to do? That I will allow oxserver to keep sending fake information? You are arrogant.

It wasn't right. Do you have logs of this detection? You have something severely wrong with your system from my perspective. Either that or it was intentional.

And no not exactly hiding it, but being put up on a forum is another thing.
Also you know I'm an admin in a bot community right? Not surprising I have a VAC. I got it from working on a bot for Rust. Big deal.

@Tarek1337: Nothing. I was referring to "thank you for showing my name". I didn't really know hes hiding with his name/surname when you can easily google it and find vac-banned page with his nickname/name and surname.

@Syntax: Of course I have logs. Are you trying to say that your server wasn't doing it? Becuase if so I have a little game for you where we will put our forum accounts or whatever you want to on the lane.

@Tarek1337: Nothing. I was referring to "thank you for showing my name". I didn't really know hes hiding with his name/surname when you can easily google it and find vac-banned page with his nickname/name and surname.
Private details such as name and surname is something to be keept private under any circumstances. It is not for you to judge if someone else wants his private data to be published or not. It is not for you to research that to see how he has handled that in the past. Publishing such data without the persons consent should be a thing you would avoid at all cost.

Xinn stop it u are going wrong way now really you shouldnt post someones real names if they dont want to its illegal in some countries to post real life informations of others. Now ur point is that syntax got vac-ban which could be even done after he sold his account/got hacked lol

@Syntax: Of course I have logs. Are you trying to say that your server wasn't doing it? Becuase if so I have a little game for you where we will put our forum accounts or whatever you want to on the lane.

I'm saying you falsely detected (or manually triggered) the last ban, just like you falsely detected or (manually triggered) our first ban last year. You said it yourself your detection is not 100% accurate.
The warning you sent was accurate. As another user pointed out, that's how TFS works, I was unaware.

Will I put my forum account on the "lane" from logs provided by you? No, of course not.

Edit: @Adposatnr No that's my VAC ban, I earned it myself. I'm a shady bot developer.

I don't see how it or my name is relevant though.

I got the TRUE HISTORY.

Yosua is a lier and OXserver full team are liers WHY? cause they put hidden keylogger in OXClient + hidden keylogger in all their software like xenobot for example, its hidden they are pro coders and pro programmers so they can hide it easy to make antivirus dont detect it...
WHEN SOMEONE WITH BRAIN SAYS: I FOUND A VIRUS IN XENOBOT/OXSERVER CLIENT THEY JUST SAY: DONT WORRY DONT WORRY, ITS JUST A FALSE POSITIVE,

YEA FALSE POSITIVE? FUCKING LIERS, REPORT YOSUA SENT
Wut you again.

@Syntax: No. The system was totally fine, your server crashed and kept returning 916 players online despite it was offline.
I knew you will say something like "I will not put my account on the lane from logs provided by you". However I have some neutral logs which I can't fake. So, wanna play a game? Lets talk about the stake.

Private details such as name and surname is something to be keept private under any circumstances. It is not for you to judge if someone else wants his private data to be published or not. It is not for you to research that to see how he has handled that in the past. Publishing such data without the persons consent should be a thing you would avoid at all cost.
I'm very sorry that I've done that. Syntax is already claming that his server wasn't faking the status info and such situation didn't happen. I guess if I censored his name he would say that I didn't send any email to him.

@Syntax: No. The system was totally fine, your server crashed and kept returning 916 players online despite it was offline.
I knew you will say something like "I will not put my account on the lane from logs provided by you". However I have some neutral logs which I can't fake. So, wanna play a game? Lets talk about the stake.

Just post your "log" already, it's 7am and I need sleep. You never once mentioned a log until I brought it up, now you conveniently have a trustworthy one.

Edit: still making it?

Last edited:
@Syntax: Why? I thought you claimed that something like that didn't happen. Why you don't want to put something on your word? Or maybe you are scared because you know HOW BADLY YOU ARE LIENG.

I'm ready to put my forum account and forum section on lane. If I lie about OX faking the status protocol I will ask @Mark to delete my account and this forum section.
Are you going to delete your account on that forum If I show a proof that what you said, that such situation didn't happen and you weren't faking status protocol is a lie? Come on. Be a man, I'm ready for confrontation.

I'm very sorry that I've done that. Syntax is already claming that his server wasn't faking the status info and such situation didn't happen. I guess if I censored his name he would say that I didn't send any email to him.
That is no valid reason for exposing his details though. You can't just do that upon your assumption of how Syntax would or would not react to this. Then again even if he would deny that he has e-mailed you that would not justify exposing his name to the public. You will need to fight the legit way if you wanna go outa this fight with a positive reputation. Doing something like a "dirtfight" is somewhat..."dirty". Even if you would win a fight like that it would be nothing to be proud of.
Sorry if I am a bit harsh about this but my experience with forums overall has shown me that there is nothing to win in such an argument. Even once had an argument where guy would infiltrate enemies pc to proove him wrong. That is a bit overexcerted though but I hope you get what I'm sayin'. Fight fair&square^^ Some people say "There are no rules in fights" and while that is true, there are rules in the future that follows.

Back