• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bring back oldschool tibia - one last attempt. 1/11/12

This is the exact same thing that has been going around in World of Warcraft ever since the release of the first new expansion. People think back on what they used to do in the game, and they found it to be oh so enjoyable. That's mostly because they were new to the game itself. And we all know that games are the most fun around the time you start playing them for the first time. If we would get CIP to create a 7.x protocol server. Sure people would play it for a few months, until they would realize that the content will eventually get boring without any updates at all.

I know I'll get all the hate directed at me because you will all think I'm trying to oppose to this suggestion. I won't care tho, since this is the truth.

This is the exact same thing that has been going around in World of Warcraft ever since the release of the first new expansion. People think back on what they used to do in the game, and they found it to be oh so enjoyable. That's mostly because they were new to the game itself. And we all know that games are the most fun around the time you start playing them for the first time. If we would get CIP to create a 7.x protocol server. Sure people would play it for a few months, until they would realize that the content will eventually get boring without any updates at all.

I know I'll get all the hate directed at me because you will all think I'm trying to oppose to this suggestion. I won't care tho, since this is the truth.
Nah, there is a big difference you don't see.

In WoW TBC, PRE TBC, WOTLK, etc the gameplay was exactly the same. You leveled, got gear, could raid or PvP. It was always GENERALLY the same with just more content.

BUT, what Tibia did isn't the same.

They CHANGED the way it's played. It REQUIRES you to bot now.

ALL THE OLD MECHANICS ARE USELESS.

It's not the same game.

TL;DR: your comparison is invalid.

lol posted on tibianic forums but got removed, that jewish polak doesnt care bout old tibia... just moneyz

CM Mirade; said:
Retro Server, and other retro or nostalgic threads
We do not plan to set up and maintain a retro server for several reasons. For example, it would be extremely time consuming and too complex. There are many different ideas on how a "retro server" should be. Just have a look at all the posts in the threads dealing with this topic. It is quite hard to find a common ground as some players would prefer client version 7.6, others 7.3 or 7.2., some would like to have the old client but with parts of the new content, technical improvements (e.g. performance optimisation, rule reporting improvements, security improvements) and so on. However, some of the new content would not work with an old client, or at least it would be an immense extra effort to make it work with an old version. Without any new content, though, many players would probably get bored sooner or later.

Generally speaking, Tibia has indeed a long history and many of you have great memories of the past. Many players wish they could relive or return to those golden days once again. Naturally, we come across proposal threads every now and then in which players ask us to go back to a certain point in Tibia's history, or to bring back old features. Yet, memories tend to be selective. While you may remember some things, you tend to forget others, often less pleasant experiences or reasons why something was changed. All changes were made for a reason, though, some were necessary because of problems that existed back then but might not be a pressing issue anymore nowadays as a result of these changes. So simply going back to the old Tibia versions or removing new features would probably also bring back old problems. This is also the reason why proposals such as "remove swapping", "bring back old PvP", or "get rid of stamina system" are not really constructive and are usually closed or deleted without further notice.
Another example of one of these proposals is "Bring back GMs!". We do not plan to go back to the system of voluntary gamemasters. We will do our best to address the points players criticise about the new reporting system within the scope of this new system instead of simply going back to an old system that had become outdated over time and did not work efficiently and effectively enough anymore. Therefore we will either close or delete threads concerning this topic.
Of course, it is important for us to treasure precious memories and to not forget Tibia's past. We want to build upon past experiences, both good and bad, move forward, and develop Tibia further instead of moving backward or getting stuck in the past. Appreciate new experiences instead of clinging to the old ones too much! Instead of trying to convince us to simply go back, try to explain what you miss nowadays and think about new ways that could help to fill the gap you feel.

Proposals Against Announced or Recent Changes
If you have constructive feedback on announced or recent changes, please use the respective feedback threads in the Auditorium instead of flooding the proposal board with complaints. Such proposals will usually be deleted without further notice as long as there is a designated feedback thread in the Auditorium.

We want celebrity XYZ in Tibia!
Every now and then, players propose to make ingame allusions to a real-life celebrity they like. While we do have allusions in Tibia, they are rare and most often refer to fantasy or fictional stuff. Such allusions are made by the content designers, intentionally or sometimes even unintentionally. In any way, they are not implemented on request. Hence, such proposals will usually be closed without further notice.
Furthermore, we usually delete or close the following types of threads without further notice:
Complaints
Petitions
Heated discussions
Non-constructive proposals
Threads about already rejected proposals
Duplicates
Support requests
Requests to base major decisions on polls

Kind regards,
Your Community Managers
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - Forum

lol posted on tibianic forums but got removed, that jewish polak doesnt care bout old tibia... just moneyz

Maybe not about money but his own servers? In the past posting about any oldschool server and advertising it on tibia.com forums didn't bring anything good. Posts were deleted, people who made it banned etc etc Also, rumours say, classictibia was closed because of that.

Also, rumours say, classictibia was closed because of that.

I personally think that it's a load of shit. If it were true then why hasn't Tibianic been closed? Eric(?) owner of Mastercores, etc, claimed the same thing about one of his servers and as far as I know that was a load of shit as well, just an excuse because Remere used it a few years previously.

Realsoft was lieing, you can check the Sammy blog about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, 2 more days till d-day. I'm looking for people who want to create the forum thread with me, if you're interested PM me with a layout for the following subjects which will be included in the thread:

-PvP;
-Community;
-Increased number of bots on current servers;
-Decreasing number of players over the years (with a referal to the 2 new "different" worlds)

Still looking for writers.

Gailaids will you advertise Realots asking cipsoft for servers 7.1-7.72? I mean in same thread/post.

damn tibia rly is dying, looked at some online numbers

Morgana 67 Europe Open PvP

67 ppl online? wtf i played there when it was 800+

shame this game is dying

it's already been done. with more than 10k people signing for it and its never been accepted. :)

not saying it wont work someday, but there is tibianic and other oldschool servers you can play... Cipsoft think as a company:tomakeprofit:
also they are game designers, developers and coders. The client will have to change eventually e.g if im a graduated programmer i wouldnt like to be stuck in a 2-d mmorpg game that doesnt change at all in style or gameplay. so.. think about a good plan to lure cipsoft attention or at least a small group of cipsoft who are willing to carry a side project.

cheers

if not the new 2 servers, tibia will dead in year, only new servers live because playin around 1000ppl, rest is died,only few world like harmonia,secura,luminera dont dead. bring the 7.4 mothafcka

I don't understand

I don't understand why you need cipsoft to make this? You got tibianic and other servers where they already got everything perfectly, formulas and everything, the only thing that has to be done is to get someone to get a dedicated server, put this server on with 1x everything, like everything was in the old days, make premium account like it was in the old days, (So the hoster can get some money for the job/dedicated server) and advertise it like 2 weeks or a month before the release and try to get as many as possible to play. We don't need cipsoft for this. We just need the right guy to do the job, cause there will be people who will pay for the tibia servers like they were before

I don't understand why you need cipsoft to make this? You got tibianic and other servers where they already got everything perfectly, formulas and everything, the only thing that has to be done is to get someone to get a dedicated server, put this server on with 1x everything, like everything was in the old days, make premium account like it was in the old days, (So the hoster can get some money for the job/dedicated server) and advertise it like 2 weeks or a month before the release and try to get as many as possible to play. We don't need cipsoft for this. We just need the right guy to do the job, cause there will be people who will pay for the tibia servers like they were before

The thing is, there is always a risk that servers just go down the next day and you wasted time/money for just a few months.
Another problem is, if the server gets too big (like 800-900 online as 7.4 cipsoft times), cipsoft may take action when they notice someone is getting profit of their own work.

The thing is, there is always a risk that servers just go down the next day and you wasted time/money for just a few months.
Another problem is, if the server gets too big (like 800-900 online as 7.4 cipsoft times), cipsoft may take action when they notice someone is getting profit of their own work.

Na-a, if it didn't happen by now, it won't happen ever

Back