• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Bugs on my server

Lukatelo

Reaction score
Hello guys. I've decide to open my own server, I solved a lot of problems but here, today, I explained the last things that I didnt found anything about it. There's the last things I have to solve before Open my server, so I hope you to help me really good. *Note that my TFS version is 1.0.2 and my protocol 8.60

• The first thing is: Targeting system is broken! once I lock target on a monster, the lock keeps on the monster even if I enter a protection zone or the monster becomes invisible (once he becomes not invisible the target is there), the problem is, when I, for example, lock a target on a monster then enter the DP and go out, the lock is still there BUT I'm not actually attacking the monster. -- any idea what I should do?? I can also lock target while inside the protection zone.

• The second problem: The "Chase opponent" is also broken. Once I kill a monster (with the chase on) and then I move, the chase is switched off as if I moved while locking target on a monster (but this problem, I think, is linked with the previous one about the target lock because, if I have stayed long enough in dp or long enough to lose the battle sign, I can switch on the Chase opponent and move freely without it being switched off)

• Third: Items don't stack once I put them in backpack or any container. I do know that it was that way long ago in Tibia but it is really annoying, so any idea how to fix that too?

• Fourth: When I use potions (or runes) and the message is displayed "xx:xx Using one of x ultimate health potions..." for example, it doesn't show the actual amount of potions I have, it shows the amount of potions in the 100 that are being currently used. To elaborate, say you have 400 ultimate health potions in your backpack and you use one using the hotkeys, the first message you will get will be "09:42 Using one of 400 ultimate health potions..." but the second would be like that "09:42 Using one of 99 ultimate health potions..." then 98, 97 and so on until it reaches 300 potions where the message would be "09:42 Using one of 300 ultimate health potions..." and so on...

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe your issues are related to sources, especially the first two you wrote. Try switching to a newer version of tfs, had those same issues a while ago.

https://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-1-2.236489/
Try that server, it's 8.60 too. Keep in mind you will come across some issues if you have many custom scripts, nothing really hard to fix though.

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe your issues are related to sources, especially the first two you wrote. Try switching to a newer version of tfs, had those same issues a while ago.

https://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-1-2.236489/
Try that server, it's 8.60 too. Keep in mind you will come across some issues if you have many custom scripts, nothing really hard to fix though.

How I run this server bro?

bump, someone Can tell me how I can Update my TFS version from 0.1.2 to 0.4?

You need to compile it first, you can access the post I linked you, download the source code and you may follow this guide to compile:

https://otland.net/threads/compilin...-32-bits-pics-and-lots-of-explanation.204532/
Btw, For what I've reed in the thread you may want to use Visual Studio 2015, Boost 1.59 and MPIR 2.7 if it gives any error while compiling, that seems to work fine

Thanks bro, it seems to go cool.. :)
Solved:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no TFS version 0.1.2

Yeah, I was wrong, its 0.1.7 I think... Because the TFS version is this right?

When I open the executable of my server, the first line says: [10/11/2016 18:50:52] Global Server , version 0.1.7 (Global Server )

It means that my TFS is 0.1.7?

When I open the executable of my server, the first line says: [10/11/2016 18:50:52] Global Server , version 0.1.7 (Global Server )

Says Global server, Not The forgotten server. So no this is not TFS.

dont download datapacks lol
they're always bugged
use the link @Ramirow provided for TFS 1.2 (8.6)

Well, if you compile it mate, then you will have the .exe and the data folder just like any server :)
Cool because as @Xeraphus said I've download a datapack, but afortunately it hasnt a lot of serveral bugs, just small things that I've solved. The major bugs that it has is the mentioned in this post but, if there can be solved changing the TFS version its cool. I will try to update it, so hope me good luck haha. Thanks for the comments guys. See you soon!

Says Global server, Not The forgotten server. So no this is not TFS.
So how I can see my TFS version in my Global Server?

Last edited by a moderator:
Global server seems to be a another Engine.

And do you know how I can solve this problems?
I think that you're right because after following all the tutorial that @Ramirow posted, my compilation doesnt works fine! I've followed all good, but at the moment of rebuild it, it appears a message in my console that says:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1> otpch.cpp
1> Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1>c:\users\barbe\desktop\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I'm thinking about how I can pass all the datapack to another executable.. Its possible to change map, houses, items, movements, talkacations... etc to another server instance without crashing it? And if it isnt possible, how I can update my TFS version from Global server, or just solve this bugs? I wanna help please, because its the final bugs I've to solve and I've wasted a lot of time remaping, doing items, movements, fixing monsters, loots... I dont want to throw all my work to rubbish.. Anyone can help?

And do you know how I can solve this problems?
I think that you're right because after following all the tutorial that @Ramirow posted, my compilation doesnt works fine! I've followed all good, but at the moment of rebuild it, it appears a message in my console that says:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1> otpch.cpp
1> Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1>c:\users\barbe\desktop\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I'm thinking about how I can pass all the datapack to another executable.. Its possible to change map, houses, items, movements, talkacations... etc to another server instance without crashing it? And if it isnt possible, how I can update my TFS version from Global server, or just solve this bugs? I wanna help please, because its the final bugs I've to solve and I've wasted a lot of time remaping, doing items, movements, fixing monsters, loots... I dont want to throw all my work to rubbish.. Anyone can help?
What you need to do is include the pugixml\include. It doesnt appear in the tutorial but that is what you are missing.

What you need to do is include the pugixml\include. It doesnt appear in the tutorial but that is what you are missing.

I tried to solve the problem, but I didnt find pugixml\include, in the folder that i've downloaded :eek:, and I tried to download it again but it stills being the same, how can I get this file?

Back