• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
heres another question for xagul "deaths carnage" do u see in the foreseable future this item being fixed? i just accidentally bought it.

heres another question for xagul "deaths carnage" do u see in the foreseable future this item being fixed? i just accidentally bought it.
Yes I am likely going to change it to a smaller buff for a minute or so after killing a monster.

We are working on a big update for the end of the week, some things that MIGHT appear in the update:

• Rebirth
  • Multi-Map usage of some sort~
  • Character trading system? (Safe trade characters in-game) if I can figure out a good way to do this, it will prevent a lot of scamming. I understand people wanting to try a new vocation and not wanting to re-level so I will try my hardest to add this but no guarantees.
  • Possible new vocation (a dagger user) only because currently there is only 1 dagger vocation for people to rebirth into.

It is still early in the week many things may change, closer to the end we will announce the exact details concerning rebirth and the other stuff in this list.

Edit/Disclaimer:
We want to make sure this update includes everything it needs to be successful since rebirth is an important step for the server, due to this if we hit any snags then the update will be delayed without a second thought. I sincerely hope you all understand. Everything regarding rebirths must be executed perfectly because once its in, there is no going back.
Can we just get an option to DELETE characters entirely?

We are working on a big update for the end of the week, some things that MIGHT appear in the update:

• Rebirth
  • Multi-Map usage of some sort~
  • Character trading system? (Safe trade characters in-game) if I can figure out a good way to do this, it will prevent a lot of scamming. I understand people wanting to try a new vocation and not wanting to re-level so I will try my hardest to add this but no guarantees.
  • Possible new vocation (a dagger user) only because currently there is only 1 dagger vocation for people to rebirth into.

It is still early in the week many things may change, closer to the end we will announce the exact details concerning rebirth and the other stuff in this list.

Edit/Disclaimer:
We want to make sure this update includes everything it needs to be successful since rebirth is an important step for the server, due to this if we hit any snags then the update will be delayed without a second thought. I sincerely hope you all understand. Everything regarding rebirths must be executed perfectly because once its in, there is no going back.

May I make some suggestions here Shawn?

Rebirth: Ok, make is so after first rebirth you can only cane to lv 2k. Seams fair if you ask me. Cuz i would hate to see someone save 6k canes and get 6k right back the second they reborn into a new voc.

Multi-Map: YES OMFG YES! >.>'

Character Trading System: Main suggestion: Have a npc have it lock a character on your acc into an item (ring maybe? Call it a Character Ring) and For a small fee depending on it's level and perks. Also you would have to use the pin number you set on the character in order to seal it into the ring. Ofc the pin is reset after it has been sealed.

New Voc: I KNOW THE NAME! Rouge! Can't wait to see what you do with this one. Need testing? Just give me a call.

Rogue better have shadowstep... Teliport behind the target and unleash massive damage. 100% crit chance.. mhmm

Would be nice that if you rebirth that the experience rate system sees you as a level 24,001. Otherwise the people who rebirth first get a huge exp rate for being level 1 while they are actually the farthest into the game.
Candy canes are something I don't worry about since someone who rebirths flies through the first thousands of level anyway with their uber high tier equipment, extra passives and extra spells.

@Crowly:
Shadowstep into a deadly strike sounds OP and makes landing a combo too easy. I don't think that a possible new dagger class should be a glass canon as well or you will be creating an uber glass canon that can burst down almost everyone in a 1 v 1.

The idea for rebirth atm is that candy/canes/exprate handicap will not apply to rebirthed characters. These things are in the game to give people a jump start and allow them to catch up, once rebirthed you are no longer a noob and as such do not require these things anymore. In the future we could always enable it for rebirthed players and do like Nuxohiz said (add x amount of levels to the formula based on rebirth) or give these things diminished effects if rebirthed such as 50% of a level per cane instead of 100%, but currently at this point I don't feel its needed. Also experience rate is reduced after rebirth because of the fact that the players will be so much more powerful.

It is still undecided if players will be forced to rebirth in order to progress through the server, however I feel the areas will become so hard anyway that there really is no point in not rebirthing.

Also, a little spoiler for you guys!
CYmhxlA.jpg

Last edited:
The idea for rebirth atm is that candy/canes/exprate handicap will not apply to rebirthed characters. These things are in the game to give people a jump start and allow them to catch up, once rebirthed you are no longer a noob and as such do not require these things anymore. In the future we could always enable it for rebirthed players and do like Nuxohiz said (add x amount of levels to the formula based on rebirth) or give these things diminished effects if rebirthed such as 50% of a level per cane instead of 100%, but currently at this point I don't feel its needed. Also experience rate is reduced after rebirth because of the fact that the players will be so much more powerful.

It is still undecided if players will be forced to rebirth in order to progress through the server, however I feel the areas will become so hard anyway that there really is no point in not rebirthing.

Also, a little spoiler for you guys!
CYmhxlA.jpg

the biggest issue is going to be level 1, fighting over spawns with the 1000 bots in every single low level zone. would be nice if Rebirth people could walk past some of them level doors under the first rebirth and try to /flex our new might. Even though Level is like 70% of your damage anyways it seams.

still, everyone wants to know what level you plan to have rebirth at, you already have it settled in your mind.. no matter what you say its going to cause complainers to complain, so you should just spill it out so we can know what to aim for or not overshoot..

YAY FISCO! Now Father Time and Baron then it will feel just like old times....or not.

Rebirthing, if I am remembering right form the old discussion thread. Somethign was said along the lines of the Hp/Mp gains of previous Vocs carrying over along with the passives? Bah w/e I'm sure that info will come later. Just hope that my barbs awesome 100hp per level comes with me when I rebirth.

Also, Maybe level 10k could be a nice milestone for the first rebirth. At that point hopefully anyone thinking of rebirthing has already seen most of the content realeased so far. Unless ofc a 7k 8k 9k 10k 11k areas are all coming with this rebirth update, then holding off after reachign the milestone to explore wouldn't be too bad.

And thank you sweet baby Jesus for the Boss Map change. I spent about 6 hours doing maps...so not fun.

eh I came to try another class. I made a ninja but it's really fkn annoying when you flicker strike in pvp it will hit anyone except the person you are targeting.

@Xagul so everything with stats and spells will be kept, I get that.
But what about the natural regen? That must be kept also, right? Otherwise it would be pointless to make e.g barb -> barb.

@Xagul so everything with stats and spells will be kept, I get that.
But what about the natural regen? That must be kept also, right? Otherwise it would be pointless to make e.g barb -> barb.

I'm positive the passives do not stack if you select the same vocation twice. Xagulz has already said the point of Rebirthing is to combine vocations, not stack one vocation multiple times.

Are you confused on how much 15,000 candies is? Lmao
Ofcourse i am, but its a mad amount of exp, 10% exp at any given lvl? Problems will prolly start to arise ocne ppl breach da 20k mark, I'd say reduce their effect once they pass 10k or smth

I'm positive the passives do not stack if you select the same vocation twice. Xagulz has already said the point of Rebirthing is to combine vocations, not stack one vocation multiple times.
How is that relevant to the natural regen gained by lvling a specific vocation? Say I wanted to go warrior after barb, now gaining 80 hp per lvl, but only with natural regen from warrior while I still have 100 hp per lvl from my barb, that will make the healing not even close to relevant. It's like gaining double the hp per lvl, but only having the same natural regen.

How is that relevant to the natural regen gained by lvling a specific vocation? Say I wanted to go warrior after barb, now gaining 80 hp per lvl, but only with natural regen from warrior while I still have 100 hp per lvl from my barb, that will make the healing not even close to relevant. It's like gaining double the hp per lvl, but only having the same natural regen.

Well, Regen is part of MULTIPLE things.
  • Natural Regen
  • Strength Gems
  • Equipment Regen
  • Amulet Regen
If you go Barbarian -> Barbarian, you will get 200 hp per level. Which will be effected by Natural Regen, Strength Gems, and the Amulet if you have it.

If you go Barbarian -> Warrior, you will get 180 hp per level, which yes is 20 less, but you also gain the Warrior spells and passive (which their passive also gives you higher regeneration)

My question is just how the natural regen currently works / will work after a rebirth.
Amulet/eq/gem regen is nothing I really care about.
Say barbs get 25 hp/2s per lvl, then they would be regening 1/4 of their hp per second, and then they rebirth to warrior.
Do they then regen 25 hp/2s + new warrior regen, or just warrior regen?
Is the natural regen based on your current hp, or just level?

My question is just how the natural regen currently works / will work after a rebirth.
Amulet/eq/gem regen is nothing I really care about.
Say barbs get 25 hp/2s per lvl, then they would be regening 1/4 of their hp per second, and then they rebirth to warrior.
Do they then regen 25 hp/2s + new warrior regen, or just warrior regen?
Is the natural regen based on your current hp, or just level?

I think you naturally just regen a percentage of your max health.

Back