• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
2nd rebirth being the ultimate goal was fun only because it's enjoyable to see people achieve something truly difficult. I would compare it to the "spike sword quest" on real tibia if it was real. A quest so difficult and hidden that only a couple people have ever managed to complete it is appealing because it adds mystery and awe.

When you played and achieved 2nd rebirth, the other players had that sense of "wow look they did it" and that was fantastic but it has since then been completed a grand total of 0 times. There are a few ways for Deathzot to move forward from the stuck state that it's in and I think it is time that having 3 vocations because a somewhat realistic goal for the server. It adds so much more to Deathzot other than just simply adding another island with random monsters slapped around for people to kill. It adds so much more than another random vocation or a new boss somewhere in the world.

I have thought about this a lot. Like I have stated previously, we were going to close Deathzot because we feel like it has ran its course but I was talked into starting a new Era instead. After I started working on stuff I realized that it would be really sad if Deathzot had ended without anyone really experiencing what the server could be like if you were actually able to combine 3 vocations. I also think that this was in the back of my mind for a very long time, maybe even (subconsciously) the reason why I found it difficult to make content for players who do manage to get that far. What is the point in investing so much time into making content that only a handful of people will ever experience?

So yes, you could say I am making it "easier". But was that achievement being locked behind thousands of hours of botting really "hard" in the first place? Lets be completely honest here, Father Time wasn't unkillable for all these years because he is just that difficult of a fight. Don't get me wrong, it is and will remain a hard boss fight, in fact, I don't have any plans to change the boss encounter at all. But the real reason he has never been killed since your team did it originally is because the road to getting there was long and boring so people never even got the chance to try him in the first place.
Glad to see players and developer both excited while moving forward.
Hope everything goes well. 😁

2nd rebirth being the ultimate goal was fun only because it's enjoyable to see people achieve something truly difficult. I would compare it to the "spike sword quest" on real tibia if it was real. A quest so difficult and hidden that only a couple people have ever managed to complete it is appealing because it adds mystery and awe.

When you played and achieved 2nd rebirth, the other players had that sense of "wow look they did it" and that was fantastic but it has since then been completed a grand total of 0 times. There are a few ways for Deathzot to move forward from the stuck state that it's in and I think it is time that having 3 vocations because a somewhat realistic goal for the server. It adds so much more to Deathzot other than just simply adding another island with random monsters slapped around for people to kill. It adds so much more than another random vocation or a new boss somewhere in the world.

I have thought about this a lot. Like I have stated previously, we were going to close Deathzot because we feel like it has ran its course but I was talked into starting a new Era instead. After I started working on stuff I realized that it would be really sad if Deathzot had ended without anyone really experiencing what the server could be like if you were actually able to combine 3 vocations. I also think that this was in the back of my mind for a very long time, maybe even (subconsciously) the reason why I found it difficult to make content for players who do manage to get that far. What is the point in investing so much time into making content that only a handful of people will ever experience?

So yes, you could say I am making it "easier". But was that achievement being locked behind thousands of hours of botting really "hard" in the first place? Lets be completely honest here, Father Time wasn't unkillable for all these years because he is just that difficult of a fight. Don't get me wrong, it is and will remain a hard boss fight, in fact, I don't have any plans to change the boss encounter at all. But the real reason he has never been killed since your team did it originally is because the road to getting there was long and boring so people never even got the chance to try him in the first place.

Glad you are making 3rd rebirth easier more peaple can archieve that. But something happends here:

- After getting 3rd rebirth, what will we do? Imagine, people archive that and then start grinding again to 50k and after reaching the last island, what else can you do?

- Now the 3rd is easier as you said, I agree with the idea. This makes less bot in the server and helps manual people on the grind. Is there any possibility to make a super hard content after defeating Father Time?
Like some other new worlds with new systems or something people might grind for a lot of hours to get into.
Dont get me wrong, I am super hyped and can't wait for the new era and I am 100% playing and griding, just suggesting ideas that might improve the server.

Also, thank you for the new vocations. With this we can play a lot of more vocations combinations.

@Nier 2nd rebirth is still far away, I'm not sure what will be added for these players right now. The problem with trying to add things this early is that there is no real way of knowing the outcome of such changes. There is no way of knowing exactly how fast people will progress both to and after this rebirth. There is also no way of knowing what tier of equipment players will have. These things are extremely relevant to what content needs to be developed. For example what needs to be added is completely different if players are getting 2nd rebirth with tier 14 vs tier 13.

With that said, I am prepared with a few ideas for when the time comes. I am also working on something right now that will for sure be needed and that is a place to level up once you rebirth for the second time.

Currently, once you rebirth for the first time you have the option to interact with several "time rifts" around the world. These rifts take you to areas from the original Deathzot, as a "throwback". I like the idea of this because it adds that little bit of nostalgia for players who have been around since that time.
I am going to continue that theme post Father Time. Killing him will grant you access to go back in time to the world of Abbadon, this is a map that was created for another one of Death's servers, Rise of Abbadon. It should be pretty fun, the map is actually quite large in comparison to your typical Deathzot zone so you will be able to access it immediately after rebirth and it should last until 10k at least, there has actually been a lot of additions to this map from when we were working on XDC together so there may very well be enough space to last even longer.

What, we killed it in Era 2

You guys CHEATED it in Era 2.

@Nier 2nd rebirth is still far away, I'm not sure what will be added for these players right now. The problem with trying to add things this early is that there is no real way of knowing the outcome of such changes. There is no way of knowing exactly how fast people will progress both to and after this rebirth. There is also no way of knowing what tier of equipment players will have. These things are extremely relevant to what content needs to be developed. For example what needs to be added is completely different if players are getting 2nd rebirth with tier 14 vs tier 13.

With that said, I am prepared with a few ideas for when the time comes. I am also working on something right now that will for sure be needed and that is a place to level up once you rebirth for the second time.

Currently, once you rebirth for the first time you have the option to interact with several "time rifts" around the world. These rifts take you to areas from the original Deathzot, as a "throwback". I like the idea of this because it adds that little bit of nostalgia for players who have been around since that time.
I am going to continue that theme post Father Time. Killing him will grant you access to go back in time to the world of Abbadon, this is a map that was created for another one of Death's servers, Rise of Abbadon. It should be pretty fun, the map is actually quite large in comparison to your typical Deathzot zone so you will be able to access it immediately after rebirth and it should last until 10k at least, there has actually been a lot of additions to this map from when we were working on XDC together so there may very well be enough space to last even longer.

ez exploit

Wow you just thought everything, loving those ideas <3

By the way, for any of you that were around at the time of RoA... The graveyard shall remain intact!

J4pZHhI.jpg
lydOvKE.jpg

By the way, for any of you that were around at the time of RoA... The graveyard shall remain intact!

J4pZHhI.jpg
lydOvKE.jpg

Kek

players forcing reboots on RoA to snatch up items when they spawned was toxic as fuck.

Guess we'll be seeing some more distance voc combos again, will be creating one for sure this time.

@Xagul any chance we get a melee vocation that's a samurai? :) Could have 2sqm hit range because of their long katanas, Passive could be harakiri get more dmg the lower your life goes , have a skill that gets them into rage faster attacks, some strike spell, something to charge with & a playstyle that involves kiting , lower hp than all other melees because of that & some other tricks ? :) I love you btw mancrush since otm2

One more thing i liked was RING BOXES where everyone used a bot to detect them, now that botting is dead this would be fun again hehe :))

@Xagul Since it seems you actually made Chef -.- does "Increases the haste of nearby allies" mean they get the same "haste" that Ninja has?

It doesn't matter what anyone says, in my eyes, Father Time and getting that sweet 2nd RB was always the ultimate goal of playing Dzot. Unfortunately--and to put it into terms I think Xagul will understand since he also plays PoE--2nd RB in Dzot is the same to me as getting all the challenges done every league, or doing a deathless Shaper. Yeah, some players are gonna do it. The majority of players won't, because A: you have to realllllllly want that shit. B: you have to know what you're doing to get there, and that takes so much time to get to that point.

And i think that's illustrated simply by how many players actually have managed it since it was implemented.

I've never completed all content on either game because I've just never had the time, and that's not the fault of the amount of content, because that's great, it's just a flaw inherent in the gates in front of all the content. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

That being said, I'm always in favour of content still being difficult to do, i'm just more in favour of making the journey to that point easier for those of us who have always played un-computer-assisted full time. 🐸

Also the irony of people who rag on me for being idle in trainers a lot while having a life but spent just as much time not-playing by botting. Sure, you were getting further, but were you really playing the game? 🤔 /s

Back