• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Cannot connect to the game server (linux server)

jakel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have set up a linux server with MySQL, XAMPP, Znote ACC and TFS 1.1. I have created the database tables, created through Znote an account and a character and run the server.
All of this is on a Ubuntu Server VM, while I try to connect from a Windows Server 2012 VM with the client.
I have been able to connect to the login screen, but stuck at connecting to the game server.
I have tried opening ports manually, disabling both firewalls, I have look up if the ports were listening from the server, from the web, I tried connecting myself and asking other to connect, and ther's no way this is working out.
Does anyone have any idea of what my problem is and how can I solve it? Both ports open (7171,7172) and used on config.lua... I don't know what else to try...

Thanks in advance.

Edit: ports 7171 and 7172 are open and seen as open from the outside as I have been able to figure out by telnet, and changing ports to 7181 and 7182 continues working equally, login screen works, game server down :S

Edit2: posted on other thread this:
what did you do to 'reopen' the ports that you had previusly opened? I am having the same issue on my linux server, although i really have the ports open and from the web (if tried HalfAway and others) it is seen as opened...Also by telnet I confirmed that I have the ports open. I am having the same problem as xapokis:

Ports Open + IP Wrong = access char list and stucks

But i have tried with my outside ip(which i can't connect locally), with localhost, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.49 (which is my local ip) and I cannot connect to it even from the same local network...

Edit3: I have to say that when looking up the ports (I use netstat -lntp) I can see that tfs is listening to ports 7171 and 7172 TCP but not UDP, although I don't know how to make it also listen at UDP ports. Any idea? It is set up automatically when the TFS starts, if it is not running nothing is listening on those ports.

Last edited:
Hi everyone again,

I had a misunderstanding with my colegues, and as for now the login from the outsite is available, but I am not able to log from any machine in my local network.
The problem now is the I can't connect to my own server but other people can from post https://otland.net/threads/port-forwarding-and-connection.230381/ of limos.
I modified the /etc/hosts adding <local ip> <global ip> to the end as explained, but I am not able to log in... but hey, almost done with errors!!!
Is there some other steps to take on a linux environment for this issue?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for your answer Starrly ^^

I have already tried connecting from my local network address, but unfortunately, while it shows me the character list, it won't let me into the game, showing me the error of game server is off.
That's the same error I had when the ip address was wrong on the config.lua, but atm it is right with my public address and working for the others. As it is not even showing my char list when trying with the public ip, I tried changing the /etc/hosts file for, instead of <local ip> <global ip>, the other way round <global ip> <local ip>, as the server is working for the global ip, but not working either.

Thanks for the help! :D

Back