• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Changing walkable property of an item

Xinax

Premium User
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings Otlanders,
Hope everyone is doing fine, To be in short I am trying to change an unwalkable item so it becomes walkable, so what I did is edit items.otb using Itemeditor as shown in the ss below "Before" and unticked Unpassable as shown then saved it as new items.otb as shown in "After". However when I reopen the items.otb again i find the box ticked... I dont know why p.s I can swear it worked once before and even the Unpassable box was unticked and in red and worked in RME however did not allow any char to pass on it, if there is anyone who knows how to do it the proper way please let me know and thank you so much for reading.

Yours,
Xinax.

Attachments

Solution
You need to check it in object builder also. Look under properties, and there is a box called (I think.. I'm saying this from memory) "unpassable"
You need to check it in object builder also. Look under properties, and there is a box called (I think.. I'm saying this from memory) "unpassable"

Solution
For anyone in the future who will have a problem with saving using Itemeditor, there are 2 ways in which you can do that:

1. Make changes in object builder just like Mike said then followed by opening Item Editor > File > Preferences and load your new .spr and .dat

2. After doing a change in items.otb simply highlight another item that u did no change on then go back to the original item that you changed u will find the tick/unticked box glowing in red, now you can save and the box will save the change you made.

Back