• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC Character Trade Page - Cooldown between actions

potinho

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone, everything good? I'm using @Gesior.pl system for selling characters and I wanted some help: add a 2-day cooldown as soon as the char is put up for sale (if placed, you can't remove the offer in at least two days) and if you take it off the market, you can't put it back up for sale in less than 2 days. can you help me? This is to prevent scam for players, put a char with a rare set, show to buyer, remove and put offer with empty character, for example.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, everything good? I'm using @Gesior.pl system for selling characters and I wanted some help: add a 2-day cooldown as soon as the char is put up for sale (if placed, you can't remove the offer in at least two days) and if you take it off the market, you can't put it back up for sale in less than 2 days. can you help me? This is to prevent scam for players, put a char with a rare set, show to buyer, remove and put offer with empty character, for example.

That's why my trade system does not show EQ. You buy character with level and skills, not EQ and money.
Anyway, if you remove offer and create new, old link to 'buy' won't work, so you cannot 'fast replace' offer and make player buy it without viewing EQ. Player must go to new site 'offer_view', check skills/EQ and click new 'buy' link.

That's why my trade system does not show EQ. You buy character with level and skills, not EQ and money.
Anyway, if you remove offer and create new, old link to 'buy' won't work, so you cannot 'fast replace' offer and make player buy it without viewing EQ. Player must go to new site 'offer_view', check skills/EQ and click new 'buy' link.
Taken from page code:
'You can play on that player until someone buy it.'

Couldn't players still log in and try to trade items/throw items to another player just before the new owner clicks buy/logs in? I mean technically, website wouldn't update items until player logs out and it saves to db; so wouldn't even need to time it I suppose.. as long the server doesn't save after the player throws down the items?

Couldn't players still log in and try to trade items/throw items to another player just before the new owner clicks buy/logs in?
It's intended behavior. As I said, you should not sell items of character as part of selling character.

If you are interested in selling characters with EQ, you must block possibility to login after creating trade offer.
Only way to block possibility to login is moving character to other account.

There is one problem. Website cannot communicate in real time with OTS, because of that, it cannot block possibility to login just by changing account ID. In OTS C++ code, there is a short moment between loading player from database [checking account ID] and marking him as 'online' in database. Even, if website checks, if player is offline and then move player to other account, there are still some milliseconds in which player can login.
So player can create trade offer and stay online in game, even if you move character to other account. Which let him throw away EQ, but on website it will show old EQ until he logouts.
To prevent abuse of this. There must be a code, that checks, if player is offline, when user visits 'offer_view' page - to prevent buying character that is online.

Back