• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Characters Save:

Derlexy

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've one problem:
When i logout and login again with any character, the server doesn't save the equips, position and that things...
Someone can help me?

At TFS, by default, if I create a new character, go grab some exp, items and log out and in back I will continue from where I stoped, but if the server crashes nothing will be saved. It's like it store the progress in the memory while it's up, but need a proper save, like a daily server save to really save it.

edit

Just tested it, it actually don't happen as I described. What I think is weird, since players can easily abuse it if they discover a crash bug. Player X pass his valuable item for Player Y, Player Y relog to save his character, they crash the server, both Player X and Y have a copy of the item after it.
This has been a known weakness for years. That's how duplication has happened since the beginning of time. But it's necessary because when the server saves, it only saves online players, otherwise saves could take extremely long if there's a large number of inactives. It's a necessary evil, like using other players to TP you back to the temple. The idea is to not have any bugs that cause crashes, which prevents duplicating items, but it still can happen.

Back