• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Childish behaviour..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifz

Reaction score
Greetings, OTLand members and staff members.

Recently, I've experienced many of my posts have been deleted for being off-topic waste, but you seem to have recruited people with no knowledge of what off-topic is. Constructive critism should be welcomed, not disliked. People are different, everybody have differnet views on different things.

I do personally think that it's a discrimination to people, since if you have a friend with a moderator position, you can basically get whatever you want removed from a thread you want that YOU personally do not want to hear. Even though it's constructive critism that should be allowed.

Afterall, this is a forum, not a fucking "oh nice pic mate, i may not say anything else but this".

We should be able to discuss, not only like. Hope you get my point, and please no smart-ass asking for prooves or so, I do not want to make any troubles, I just want you to take a serious talk with your moderator-ranked friends and make them understand this.

I'm bored and tired, so finally I had some time writing a complaint post. :)

Are you claiming to be an owner of OtLand? If not, I have not been notified by any said 'owner' of OtLand that my signature was a problem.

And if not, then that does not reserve you the right to moderate my signature in such a fashion.

If you are telling me that posting something in my signature that is normally illegal to post in-thread, then banish and infract everyone selling in theirs.

I think OtLand Moderators must clarify their censorship issues.

talking about childish behaviour, you acting like <if i fall everybody fall with me>

Posting "CyberM is a troll" in any thread would be inappropriate if CyberM doesn't want it. I am not claiming to be an owner of Otland, moderators are representatives though. I am sure Talaturen doesn't mind and yes, I can moderate your signature in such a fashion because I am allowed to.

Posting "CyberM is a troll" in any thread is just as much inappropriate as "Selling RL map server, 400$", because they are both infractions of written OtLand rules, correct?

Then posting "CyberM is a troll" is just as appropriate as "Selling RL map server, 400$" in your signature.

If you expect 1 person to abide by artificial rules, and be punished for breaching them, then you must enforce it with all players, on all levels.

Again, if you are telling me that posting something in my signature that is normally illegal to post in-thread, then banish and infract everyone selling in theirs.

You are a Moderator, and your duties are to enforce the written rules of OtLand, correct?

I am not breaking any stated rule.

Thank you.

I believe it says that otland.net deserves the right to change anything without your permission once you agree to register, so they're right you're wrong. atleast it's at most sites usually that way.

Posting "CyberM is a troll" in any thread is just as much inappropriate as "Selling RL map server, 400$", because they are both infractions of written OtLand rules, correct?

Then posting "CyberM is a troll" is just as appropriate as "Selling RL map server, 400$" in your signature.
You do realise that there is a difference between attacking a human-being and attempting to trade something? If not, sorry to spoil the fun, but something is terrible wrong with you.

Edit: @down; Don't I always, hun? (; By the way, just to clarify; In case you see my message as an attack on you. It is, but ONLY if you do not see the difference in the scenario presented above.

If you expect 1 person to abide by artificial rules, and be punished for breaching them, then you must enforce it with all players, on all levels.

Again, if you are telling me that posting something in my signature that is normally illegal to post in-thread, then banish and infract everyone selling in theirs.

You are a Moderator, and your duties are to enforce the written rules of OtLand, correct?

I am not breaking any stated rule.

Thank you.

I know what my job is and you're no one to tell me what my duties are. Your first statement is correct. Your second one is wrong though, read the link of my previous post for further reference. It's an exception. Trading something is different than flaming someone.

Edit:
@up: You read my mind :p

Last edited:
I believe it says that otland.net deserves the right to change anything without your permission once you agree to register, so they're right you're wrong. atleast it's at most sites usually that way.

They probably have the rights to do so, but if they do it in a corruptive way that gives benefits to other people. Then OTLand will most likely fall.

I know what my job is and you're no one to tell me what my duties are. Your first statement is correct. Your second one is wrong though, read the link of my previous post for further reference. It's an exception. Trading something is different than flaming someone.

Edit:
@up: You read my mind :p

A rule violation is the same thing as a rule violation.

And troll is my opinion. How is "troll" a hate message?

They probably have the rights to do so, but if they do it in a corruptive way that gives benefits to other people. Then OTLand will most likely fall.

as far as I can see they did what they was supposed to. although I didn't bother reading the rest of this thread.

no, if a rule violation is the same as a rule violation then would there be tons of viruses etc. here.
what's worse? if you stab another guy, or kill another guy? To kill is what we humans say is worse, so you'll get a much larger punishment.

there is different forms of crime - low, mid & high. if you do low crime, it's probably robbing the local store. if you're in the high end though, you're probably a murder etc.

both are violations of the law, but has different punishments. same as here.

Your opinion is allowed, aslong as it doesn't harass etc. (all that u agree when u register) other people.
"troll" is used to harass. you dont go to a homosexual & tell him "hi fag", as he would take it as a harassment.

You miss the point. Read the link I provided you before. Troll is a hateful message because you're attacking someone.

User banned for ignoring moderator actions and warnings twice.

And Moderators CAN'T be wrong, because the democratic population don't have the power to banish said position.

Wow.. this is so..

Since when is troll considered a hateful expression?

I've seen people using the word troll in sophisticated sentences..
Oh! Gentleman.. Please stop trolling

Delirium: I think you over-reacted.. The kid was trying to make a point.. and i think he did it :)
He won anyways.. he proved what he wanted to.. Get banned for expressing himself! And you guys should take that as an example

Once more.. this behavior and attitude from Otland moderators just proved not only my point.. but all the people's that are expressing themselves in this thread

You guys can keep banning people.. Of course.. you'll never lack of users.. since there's kids turning 13 everyday.. anxious to open a stupid download and run server provided by otland

But you'll eventually get rid of users that are really worth it.. Look around?!
There used to be so many people here that actually knew and care about the Open-Tibia project.. Not anymore

Wow.. this is so..

Since when is troll considered a hateful expression?

I've seen people using the word troll in sophisticated sentences..

Delirium: I think you over-reacted.. The kid was trying to make a point.. and i think he did it :)
He won anyways.. he proved what he wanted to.. Get banned for expressing himself! And you guys should take that as an example

Once more.. this behavior and attitude from Otland moderators just proved not only my point.. but all the people's that are expressing themselves in this thread

You guys can keep banning people.. Of course.. you'll never lack of users.. since there's kids turning 13 everyday.. anxious to open a stupid download and run server provided by otland

But you'll eventually get rid of users that are really worth it.. Look around?!
There used to be so many people here that actually knew and care about the Open-Tibia project.. Not anymore

You can express yourself in a way where it won't cause problems.
Why do I know it caused problems the way he expressed his opinion? because people have a problem with it. thus the banishment.

Aslong as you stay objective nothing will happend to you. if anyone called me a troll I would take it as a harassment too.

I think Delirium is a pretty cool guy. eh bans noobs and doesn’t afraid of anything…

You can express yourself in a way where it won't cause problems.
Why do I know it caused problems the way he expressed his opinion? because people have a problem with it. thus the banishment.

Aslong as you stay objective nothing will happend to you. if anyone called me a troll I would take it as a harassment too.

It's called ignorance.. and lack of correct vocabulary.. not harassment! :)

Why should someone's opinion create conflict? Why should anyone have problem with somebody expressing himself? Because people take it personal!

Im not defending _Arthur.. im just trying to make a point here.. and you people are so close-minded that don't even read what we are actually trying to say..

Why on earth would we make Otland disallow people that lack education? Otland is made for people that are interested in Opentibia which anyone can access and is welcome to as long they do interfere with the Otland rules (which btw is currently being worked on). Opinions are limited when they conflict with the standard rules (insulting, flaming, spamming etc)

It's called ignorance.. and lack of correct vocabulary.. not harassment! :)

Why should someone's opinion create conflict? Why should anyone have problem with somebody expressing himself? Because people take it personal!

Im not defending _Arthur.. im just trying to make a point here.. and you people are so close-minded that don't even read what we are actually trying to say..

OK, for the dummies:
If you express yourself in a way that others feel uncomfortable with, then you're causing problems.

Well said OP
I stopped coming to OtLand a while back because of this exact issue, but the moderators don't seem to be deleting as many of my posts so I am a bit more active and feel more comfortable posting. Although I'm not entirely comfortable posting still for this exact issue.

Well said OP
I stopped coming to OtLand a while back because of this exact issue, but the moderators don't seem to be deleting as many of my posts so I am a bit more active and feel more comfortable posting. Although I'm not entirely comfortable posting still for this exact issue.

most r fine.. just the corrupted 1s such as delirium. (had much worse to say but kept it sweet.)

btw, with power cums corruption.

most r fine.. just the corrupted 1s such as delirium. (had much worse to say but kept it sweet.)

btw, with power cums corruption.

I wouldn't mind listening to why I am corrupted. Calling me corrupted makes me think I'm too objective for you.

He wasn't banned for expressing his opinion. He was banned because he ignored moderator warnings more than 3 times. I think I was kind enough to give him an infraction before I banned him straight ahead. Just to let you know, he was calling CyberM a troll on his signature and CyberM asked him to remove it and he refused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back