• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CIPSOFT 7.72 Project

To me it differs a lot, I feel that the better, more modern graphics would draw in newer players and the old ones would alienate them, and I don't think nostalgia should be a selling point of any game like this one. Imo, style draws in new players, and substance keeps the old ones and art style is a huge part of style.

Having said that, if you make a good game, I wouldn't mind playing it regardless of that 1 preference, depending on just how good it turns out to be. Bank system seems nice.
Thanks for your opinion and you are welcome on our server.

Any eta on this? weeks? months?^^ id like to play this

plans to boost pallys and knights? Sorcerers ruled on 7.72, thats why realots always included a buff to knights and pallys

it will be like old realots right?
We want to get a point near 7.72 Cipsoft Real Server.
I think realots was the best server on that version, we are working to have a similar one.

Our goals for the launch are:
  • Clone all 7.72 features like RL (RL Quests working 100%, all signs and books, all NPC like RL, etc...)
  • Update some things to improve play experience (bank account, maybe autostack items on containers)
  • Vocations balance (as @Cygnus said knights and paladins need a little boost)
  • No pay to win (we have to decide if we add shop or not, we want feedback on this point)
  • GM controlled server (we want people to "play" on our server, but we don't want to trust on a script to protect our players against bots and illegal moves, we believe in persons and we want to have tutors, senior tutors an Gamemasters to keep our server on fire, more on that in future update)

Last edited:

plans to boost pallys and knights? Sorcerers ruled on 7.72, thats why realots always included a buff to knights and pallys
We release it when it's ready.
This project started as a server for family&friends, we are playing a closed beta and I can say the server is 50-60% done.
You need to know that we only close a feature when it's 100% like RL, I give you an example. We are now working on The Ancient Tombs quest, all of the servers I tried doesn't have this one working 100% like RL, most of them are "easy" versions, some are incompleted and some are not working. We spent like 20 hours only on 4 tombs to get the quest working like in 7.72 RL (working hidden holes, scarab coin to enter, levers, teleports, rewards, mazes, tiles, etc..)
We will have a closed beta with old school players who want to try our server. We know that the server will have bugs that we are not afraid now.
Once it reaches a point that testers get satisfied, we want to open the beta to public and get feedback after final release.

Our private server has Cipsoft like rates (all 1x like RL), we want the "real experience". Our public server will be highrate on closed beta, and probably on open beta too. When we get feedback we'll decide if we stay on highrate for final release or not.

(Edited, see below:Take in consideration that our "highrate" is a little different, you always get 1x experience from monsters (dragon 700 xp, rat 5xp, etc) but we modified the experience table, you get level 8 200 times faster than Real Tibia, but when you reach level 100 you are still gaining experience 6 times faster.)

We are testing some higrates possibilities. We decide on wich one the beta will start with our first invites to beta test.

Last edited:

You can follow updates on this Trello board:https://trello.com/b/daj00gxm/cipsoft-7-72-project

Also I have to say that is a lot funny to develop this server, a lot more than others I worked before. We are not in a pursuit, we are enjoying the process.
For example, we are working on Ankrahmun tombs, testing with our friends & family, and we started a war one week ago inside tombs while my team was defeating Dipthrah. We left the work on quest for some days to enjoy war and to test some other things like PVP, vocations balance, spells, etc...

We release it when it's ready.
This project started as a server for family&friends, we are playing a closed beta and I can say the server is 50-60% done.
You need to know that we only close a feature when it's 100% like RL, I give you an example. We are now working on The Ancient Tombs quest, all of the servers I tried doesn't have this one working 100% like RL, most of them are "easy" versions, some are incompleted and some are not working. We spent like 20 hours only on 4 tombs to get the quest working like in 7.72 RL (working hidden holes, scarab coin to enter, levers, teleports, rewards, mazes, tiles, etc..)
We will have a closed beta with old school players who want to try our server. We know that the server will have bugs that we are not afraid now.
Once it reaches a point that testers get satisfied, we want to open the beta to public and get feedback after final release.

Our private server has Cipsoft like rates (all 1x like RL), we want the "real experience". Our public server will be highrate on closed beta, and probably on open beta too. When we get feedback we'll decide if we stay on highrate for final release or not. Take in consideration that our "highrate" is a little different, you always get 1x experience from monsters (dragon 700 xp, rat 5xp, etc) but we modified the experience table, you get level 8 200 times faster than Real Tibia, but when you reach level 100 you are still gaining experience 6 times faster.

We seem to have a big project here. But.. I have seen an initial problem! Why not use the exp table from Tibia?

I follow all servers that are released ... and I can tell you something true! Forget it to create own exp table... use the original exp table with stages... the community has preference. What happens is that more enjoyable to see the monster exp lowering gradually than always see the same exp and the difficulty increasing to uplevel.

I'm interested and impressed with the project .. I will be willing to help fully without expecting any return! I want remind my times of Nova 7.1 =)

We seem to have a big project here. But.. I have seen an initial problem! Why not use the exp table from Tibia?

I follow all servers that are released ... and I can tell you something true! Forget it to create own exp table... use the original exp table with stages... the community has preference. What happens is that more enjoyable to see the monster exp lowering gradually than always see the same exp and the difficulty increasing to uplevel.

I'm interested and impressed with the project .. I will be willing to help fully without expecting any return! I want remind my times of Nova 7.1 =)

Seems kind of strange that you want to be reminded of 7.1 times yet join a 7.72 server, it's barely anything alike.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Beta stages are designed to test those things. We want to start a closed beta with few old school players by invitation only (maybe 25-50 invitations on start, and those betatester should be able to invite a friend, ending with 50-100 beta testers on first phase). That closed beta will be highrate to advance quickly and test all the content, but the priority is to stress the server and test features (PVP, vocation balance, spells and runes formulas, etc).

As you should know high rates on a old protocol server is not easy to manage for a long time without add custom content. Simply there are not enough hunts for all. And we want to stay on "real thing" (no resets, no short term server to make money). When we enter public beta, we want to test all possibilities (high rates, mid rates, different options with skills and loot) and let the server players decide what they want it to be.

We don't make this server to earn money (as you realize, people on this bussiness are migrating to another games for that), it's a contribution to community beside our personal project (we have a private server for family&friends to play, equal to this one) and probably we will open source it in the end of development.

Well, I think (personal opinion) that a staged server can be funny at first stages, when you get big numbers killing weak monsters. But as you advance through levels, and you get less and less experience from the same monster you can get bored quickly and loose interest on the grind itself.

On the other hand, if a dragon (for example) always earns you 700 exp points when killed, and you can check in a table the exp needed for next level, you don't get as frustated as you are with stages.

But this is like colors, each one has a preference. The only way to manage it is to ask and follow the crowd.

P.D.: Our private server is 1x all the way ;P

Last edited:
After a week of war I returned to work. Mahrdis down, Vashresamun awaits me.

CbGjQjY.png

Last edited:
Seems kind of strange that you want to be reminded of 7.1 times yet join a 7.72 server, it's barely anything alike.

Can't believe I read this post o_O... but I'll explain. What I said, it was only an emphasis of when I started playing ... up where I left off (nova 7.1 ~ 8.0 ) (anothers worlds 7.4~8.6).

Thanks in advance for your support.

Beta stages are designed to test those things. We want to start a closed beta with few old school players by invitation only (maybe 25-50 invitations on start, and those betatester should be able to invite a friend, ending with 50-100 beta testers on first phase). That closed beta will be highrate to advance quickly and test all the content, but the priority is to stress the server and test features (PVP, vocation balance, spells and runes formulas, etc).

As you should know high rates on a old protocol server is not easy to manage for a long time without add custom content. Simply there are not enough hunts for all. And we want to stay on "real thing" (no resets, no short term server to make money). When we enter public beta, we want to test all possibilities (high rates, mid rates, different options with skills and loot) and let the server players decide what they want it to be.

We don't make this server to earn money (as you realize, people on this bussiness are migrating to another games for that), it's a contribution to community beside our personal project (we have a private server for family&friends to play, equal to this one) and probably we will open source it in the end of development.

A beautiful initiative .. and I'm in total agreement! Nothing better than test test test .. and test features one more time.:cool:

Well, I think (personal opinion) that a staged server can be funny at first stages, when you get big numbers killing weak monsters. But as you advance through levels, and you get less and less experience from the same monster you can get bored quickly and loose interest on the grind itself.

On the other hand, if a dragon (for example) always earns you 700 exp points when killed, and you can check in a table the exp needed for next level, you don't get as frustated as you are with stages.

But this is like colors, each one has a preference. The only way to manage it is to ask and follow the crowd.

P.D.: Our private server is 1x all the way ;P

I understand the situation ... I completely understand what you meant. In this case .. honestly .. it is better use the original exp table and set the experience at 2x or 3x. :p

I see another releases and it's always a mess with rates. There is no perfect rates for everyone. My best memories on old school wars was when me and my friends were like level 40-50 and the top of Antica was over level 100 (level 100 was hard to reach on that days). I remember me leading an epic battle in Fibula dragon lair for hours or the fights in Ab'dendriel with the Satori against PKs to maintain that city free from abusers. The level never was so important like it is now. If you don't plan to stay long on a server probably you want high rates, but if you feel that you want a server to stay long and play with your friends, probably you'll want a mid/low rate.

About rates on final release of this server, we will hear what the people want and follow the crowd, as my friend said before.

I see another releases and it's always a mess with rates. There is no perfect rates for everyone. My best memories on old school wars was when me and my friends were like level 40-50 and the top of Antica was over level 100 (level 100 was hard to reach on that days). I remember me leading an epic battle in Fibula dragon lair for hours or the fights in Ab'dendriel with the Satori against PKs to maintain that city free from abusers. The level never was so important like it is now. If you don't plan to stay long on a server probably you want high rates, but if you feel that you want a server to stay long and play with your friends, probably you'll want a mid/low rate.

About rates on final release of this server, we will hear what the people want and follow the crowd, as my friend said before.

Yes .. let what people prefer! And now let my OPINION :p:cool:... Always use original exp table .. either in stages or 1x / 2x / 3x

monster system will be real? and dmgs?

Our aim is to get a point as near to reality as we can. We don't want to release a public server until beta testers judge it as a server reliable to launch. We want to work hand in hand with them to get that point.

As we said before, we will release beta stages one after another, we want that the first testers to be old school players with some years on their backs into RL Tibia.

Back