• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CIPSOFT hack in 2006 (7.7v) anwsers.

You can clearly see that this guy does what he does best, with style. That's also one of the main reasons, why I believe that the Sword of Fury remained unobtained and therefor was changed unobtainable by CipSoft.

As he said that he didn't touch any players' account information, and I bet there was alot of ways to harm the players and the Tibia itself, than just hacking player accounts. But he didn't. Even if he would've known how to get the Sword and if it was possible, I'm sure that he would never have gone there and taken it, or told anybody how to.

This seperates the people with style, from the people who just ruin things for their own amusement. Even if you know everything about such a quest, what basically nobody else knows, why should you immediately go and leak everything. Let it stay as such a myth as it's always been.

Anyway, I guess that he knew how to get it, or how to get further in the quest than anyone else, but he never did. And never told anyone. And after that, CipSoft either modified the quest or made it simply impossible, so his information about it would be useless.

Anyway, interesting stuff to read :)

Haha if you think so dude ;) I have the cipsoft quest file and there is nothing described in there about sov only about two tiles where you need to walk on in order to remove the sword.
I tested everything since I have the map aswell checked positions etc. @mich3208

So it did actually exist, as it was displayed on the island. Not being obtainable isn't the same as the sword not existing.

I can confirm it is actually a spiked sword (itemID), though many mythical weapons have nicknames. There exists no item called "excalibug" either, for example. Having said that: some files were altered (including but not limited to the moveuse file) to disguise undiscovered quests, as per agreement. Why destroy the fun of exploration and discovery ? Unfortunately I forgot Chester (life ring "quest"), but that's just minor.

Sword of fury does not exist the sword doesnt do either. What does exist is a spike sword ;)

No shit sherlock, but the item is nicknamed the Sword of Fury in the myth, and has been known like that ever since. You're trying to act smart, but it ain't working.

It did, at wiki you can check older screenshots and articles from 2004/2005.

The public quest did existed long ago, maybe back from 7.3. You can even find the old maze (cave) to the quest in Rookgaard premium side, it was just removed.
Maybe it can still be found somewhere ;) but hardly people have found it

Last edited:
I think it might be lost due to a hard drive failure a couple years ago but I can take another look to see if I backed it up somewhere.

I think it might be lost due to a hard drive failure a couple years ago but I can take another look to see if I backed it up somewhere.
I have saw you code and comments on the databasemanager. Its great to see such legend like you around :)

Oops. I saw this a bit... late. Hi there :p

Maybe this is old news to some, but I have to ask. Was the hints you gave towards Sword of Fury just keeping the myth alive?
Checking the release thread and it seems like nobody found the stuff you were talking about in the interview.

Maybe this is old news to some, but I have to ask. Was the hints you gave towards Sword of Fury just keeping the myth alive?
Checking the release thread and it seems like nobody found the stuff you were talking about in the interview.
Read the release thread of the CipSoft distribution here: [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/post-2377607)

He mentions that he just claimed them to be solveable to keep people's hopes up.

@Alpha I guess I was lazy. I probably already read the post when it was made and forgot about it. Thanks for pointing it out!

It says modified in 2007, meaning someone modified them in 2007 before it was released to the public.
Fzft9k7.png

Do you still have the original file from january 2007? Was it the latest alteration in the whole file package? Do you know when was it published? Jan 4th - 19th, but when exactly?

Back