• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CipSoft's "Creator" software (Map Editor and more)

Any idea why they call a barrel a "metal barrel"? Same ID as a regular barrel. Or is that the new name for it?

Kinda funny they never changed the look of it. And I believe they never even obtained any license to use it in writing. Copyright by Christopher Clay. Also using GIMUD Editor in the image, but it was a simpler version of it. Christopher Clay: Portfolio: Tibia (https://c3o.org/portfolio/?32)

1703763429130.png

Any idea why they call a barrel a "metal barrel"? Same ID as a regular barrel. Or is that the new name for it?
One ID - one object, and vice versa. So, obviously it's the same barrel with a new name. Probably to differ it more from a wooden barrel (and other types if there ever are any), rather than using a general name; and to be consistent, because that's what it actually is - when you use one in the bright sword quest it is clearly said to be a steel reinforced barrel, and not just some barrel. It's not anything unusual that they rename some objects.

Last edited:

Most likely brush name rather than item name. In RME it would be something like this:

XML:
<brush name="metal barrel" type="doodad" server_lookid="xxxx" draggable="true" on_blocking="false">
		<item id="xxxx" chance="100"/>
</brush>

Alternative option is that they changed it recently, would have to check in game.

I didn't manage to read all the posts because there is a lot of pushing regarding mapper knightmare and others and this is not the main topic.

The pictures look old yet I am not surprised by the performance of this program.
CIP has implemented a lot of possibilities in one editor.
One man making a map , without knowledge of programming can create a plot NPCs to a given corner of the map, invasions and much more.
This gives CIP an advantage.
They do not need : mapper, scripter, etc.
One man will do the whole thing.
Our community could use such a program that works on many levels.
Even in the creation of NPCs.

You choose the NPC option.
Then a vendor.
Then items and quotas.
The program creates map and npc files in a folder.

A beautiful thing for people running a server alone and not only....

Definitely would be nice to have something like the "Creator" software but for OT development.

Definitely would be nice to have something like the "Creator" software but for OT development.
Yeah, this would be awesome!

Not sure if it will help, but as this may be on interest of someone to try and build a "Creator" software based on Cipsoft files.
For this reason I have just released my "script-reader" library that I worked some time ago. Its use is to you read the Cipsoft files: .npc, .dat (not the client), .srv, .sec and others.
It is 100% based on my reverse engineering work on the game binary, so the code is pretty close that the one that some Cipsoft member coded.
I had plans to make a single header-only version of this but never get prioritized on my to-do list :p

This is useful for reading the files, to be honest I do not remember if it would be easy to make it be able to write

Back