• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Client advice

Sycrid

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been playing with setting up an OT server on a raspberry pi, and I've managed it however, I have yet to login, as I can't find any information on how to get a client for tibia to login to my server.

Can someone help me out and explain to me where I get a client from, and how to connect it to a server I have running on my local network?

I'd love a linux client, but if there's windows I'll give that a go. I have dual boot, or could always boot a windows VM to load windows in. Either way I just want to get in and start playing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sycrid

Seriously? No answers, I thought this would have been a relatively simple thing to answer... Make a server, loads of information on how, so it's done, how do you get a client to connect? What client do I need? and there's no information from what I can see, and no one replying. What's the purpose of a server if you can't use it...

Thanks guys. Sorry I was getting a bit irritated as there's lots of tutorials on how to set up a server, but after that there seems like there's nothing.

For future users who are new to this... You need to

1. download a normal client (make sure it's compatible with the server you're running).
- The servers may be a release or two behind the main tibia website.

2. You then need to go to "Downloads > tools" on the forum and download the IP changer software.
https://otland.net/threads/otland-ip-changer.134369/

3. Once you have installed the client, run the IP changer, and it should pick up your client. Then you can change the IP that you're directing your tibia client to, and point this to your server.

-------------------------

Alright, now that that is solved, can someone explain to me why I've set town id to 1, and it results in me getting a tiny town. I imagine I need to import a map for tibia. Are there any how-to guides on how to install a new map and get it up and running?

Regards,
Sycrid.

Thanks guys. Sorry I was getting a bit irritated as there's lots of tutorials on how to set up a server, but after that there seems like there's nothing.

For future users who are new to this... You need to

1. download a normal client (make sure it's compatible with the server you're running).
- The servers may be a release or two behind the main tibia website.

2. You then need to go to "Downloads > tools" on the forum and download the IP changer software.
https://otland.net/threads/otland-ip-changer.134369/

3. Once you have installed the client, run the IP changer, and it should pick up your client. Then you can change the IP that you're directing your tibia client to, and point this to your server.

-------------------------

Alright, now that that is solved, can someone explain to me why I've set town id to 1, and it results in me getting a tiny town. I imagine I need to import a map for tibia. Are there any how-to guides on how to install a new map and get it up and running?

Regards,
Sycrid.

Because it's basically common knowledge for OT people at this point. Everybody knows that you have to use an IP changer or modify the client in order to connect to a non-cip server. Tibia is an old game, most of people already know all the basics from messing around with this stuff for years. I started playing the game in 2006 or 2007, and got my first servers up and running in 2010. Many folks over here have had their fingers in OT even long before me. Ancient knowledge.

You're right though, it can be kind of hard to get into OT development these days. The servers back then were much more simple and much more easy to edit; Also a huge portion of old tutorials got lost (or deprecated) over the years.

Anyway get Remere's Map Editor - it's here on the forum. It's a map editor specifically for OpenTibia (and a pretty good one at that). You will have to edit your map anyway, just "installing" it ain't cut it, believe me. Open map (data/world/fileName.otbm), edit (you can edit the towns with this aswell) , save, push to RPi, restart server. You can set the filename in config.lua if you want to change it or use a different map. I believe there are some good tutorials on the forum.

Back