• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[CLOSED] Poll: Bot Detection System(s): What do you think?

What do you think of this system?

• It's a good idea. This will help deter botting.

• It may be helpful, as long as it does not interfere too often.

• May be helpful, but I don't know enough about the system to give you a good answer.

• It's not a good idea. I'll explain why below.

• I don't know. Good luck, though.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm here to find out what you think of this idea: This system is something that determines if a player is AFK-botting. It will not punish the player. The only goal with this system is to detect botting. The tests do not interfere with hunting. There are no questions or anything. The aforementioned "tests" will be unknown to the player. The whole point is to identify and deter.

Please vote and post comments below. ;)

Thank you,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Bad idea because EVERYBODY use bots on these days, it's a "fight" against botters in otserv? W-T-F?!?

Really really bad idea in my view.

Why instead of punishing botters, you give the players a reason to not use it?

It will only identify (or target) those who are AFK-botting. This system does not punish botters. It's more of a discouragement.

Macro use has nothing to do with this system. No worries. :)

Last edited:
u cant ban macro users ;s
Wrong.
I once had the most clean OT server in the world, I had ways to catch both macroes and botters and the game was very clean at all times ^_^

Edit:
The accuracy was 100% too... not a single "fair player" was deleted, neither was not a single cheater not deleted :)

Most players not all players uses bots.
I rarely bot on servers unless everyone else does, even if they allow it.

I have grown to just accept it, atleast when it comes to lvling etc but using bots in wars / while pking that... a system for that would be perfect.
Atleast anti mw spam, anti re-target, auto haste etc :p

I have grown to just accept it, atleast when it comes to lvling etc but using bots in wars / while pking that... a system for that would be perfect.

Atleast anti mw spam, anti re-target, auto haste etc :p

Good point! We'll consider expanding to identify that type of bot use, but for now we're focusing on AFK-botting while hunting. :)

Last edited:
I think it's a bad idea. Hindering botting will just result in low playerbase. Instead reward manual playing by giving players who do a special event that bot's cant automatically execute a small reward such as a temporary exp boost or a skill potion or even a single premium point maybe.

I think it's a bad idea. Hindering botting will just result in low playerbase. Instead reward manual playing by giving players who do a special event that bot's cant automatically execute a small reward such as a temporary exp boost or a skill potion or even a single premium point maybe.

I'm curious, what about players that are there (on their PC) but using a bot, then looking at the screen every now and then?
They won't miss any special events, they will participate in whatever you put as an advantage for manual players, but they'll still be botting the rest of the time. And even when regular players go to sleep after everything, these guys will still be botting, so they're at a double advantage now and the problem is even worse.

I'm curious, what about players that are there (on their PC) but using a bot, then looking at the screen every now and then?
They won't miss any special events, they will participate in whatever you put as an advantage for manual players, but they'll still be botting the rest of the time. And even when regular players go to sleep after everything, these guys will still be botting, so they're at a double advantage now and the problem is even worse.

Im not sure how it would be done but you could even make an island (assuming its a custom server) that can only be accessed if you are running the servers own client that boosts all experience from monster by 50%. You could also make the boosts last a shorter period of time and only have a short window to complete the specific event. Botters do watch their screen every now and then but if you would have to watch the screen every few minutes or so botting would not be worth it.

You could also flag players who are missing the event often and make them not be able to participate in the event for a specific duration of time.

Im not sure how it would be done but you could even make an island (assuming its a custom server) that can only be accessed if you are running the servers own client that boosts all experience from monster by 50%. You could also make the boosts last a shorter period of time and only have a short window to complete the specific event. Botters do watch their screen every now and then but if you would have to watch the screen every few minutes or so botting would not be worth it.

You could also flag players who are missing the event often and make them not be able to participate in the event for a specific duration of time.

There is a much more simpler way, take something like what Masiyah used - some effects with a simple math problem, ex 1 + 1 = x, 2 + x = 5 etc
If you ever miss one while moving and while hunting (avoid pk since you most likely can't enter this while getting chased by 20 ppl xD) you get on the "black list", these players will not even get invited to the events.
This way, even if you afk bot for a couple of mins you will miss the message or w/e you use and get black listed.

Every system is beatable.

Correct, and that is why they need to be updated before someone find out what the system does.
No good security company waits to get hacked, they try to find the problems and patch them right away, same goes for a system like this.
Diffrence is that you add more and more things that alters the system to make it even harder.

There is a much more simpler way, take something like what Masiyah used - some effects with a simple math problem, ex 1 + 1 = x, 2 + x = 5 etc
If you ever miss one while moving and while hunting (avoid pk since you most likely can't enter this while getting chased by 20 ppl xD) you get on the "black list", these players will not even get invited to the events.
This way, even if you afk bot for a couple of mins you will miss the message or w/e you use and get black listed.

Permanently blacklisting someone for missing the question seems stupid. Even as a manual player sometimes i wouldn't bother to answer the questions because they could be annoying or im just on my way running back to get my loot after a death.

Permanently blacklisting someone for missing the question seems stupid. Even as a manual player sometimes i wouldn't bother to answer the questions because they could be annoying or im just on my way running back to get my loot after a death.

Still that is the easiest way to do it, atleast if they fail a couple of times.
Otherwise you have to force users to use something like OTC and do as Cipsoft, add systems that detect if you are botting.

I'd like to go into detail about how it works, but I don't want to spoil the fun and make it easier for people to exploit (if we do end up implementing it).

At this point we've only begun testing the basic functionality of it. It's still in the early stages of development. The system is extensive and may not even be finished in time for launch. I'm not going to delay the server for "fancy" stuff like this... It'll probably be put on a TODO list and we'll prioritize finishing the rest of the project. Might be nice to test on a preview world. :)

Thanks again for posting & voting!

Last edited:
Give me a good concept, of how you will stop botting. From server side, i may code it.

Give me a good concept, of how you will stop botting. From server side, i may code it.

I've posted my early concept of identifying AFK-botters in your thread. :) Unfortunately, I can't share details of this new idea.

Hope to see some progress made on the old idea, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back