• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand [Competition] OtLand logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, and I feel sorry for the 8th art competition. I know it failed but this time, this competition is more creative and hopefully more active.

This competition consist on making a new logo for OtLand. Yes, the image below Affiliates list on the top.

The winner will get the image used as OtLand's official logo, and a three month donator subscription.

The image has to...
  • be the same size as the image given below.
  • be based on the one we have provided.
  • be in Graphics Interchange Format (.gif).
  • contain the text "OtLand".

logo.gif

NOTE: If you plan on using images on the logo, please make sure you have the permission of the author to use it, or that the image is released in public domain.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol wtf guys, Thats utterly crap. Thats just somone pasting some shitty wordart from microsoft word, and the font is the worst font on microsoft word... WTF

My 4 year old brother does better wordart on the computer.
GEEZ where are all the smarty artists in otland????

where is yours then? let me compare it.

To be honest, Luexo talked about what rights they should have like he was some kind of professional artist. I did expect a better work from Luexo :p Sorry but I can't see anything special in your logo.

Good luck every competitors!

No, and you shouldnt flame others. Just give good critism next time so he can make it better. Maby if you try it serious you can create a master piece?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not like I'm asking for people to like, or judge the entry I made for this contest Snel pUppie.
and I must agree that this isn't 'pro' material if that's what you were expecting judging out of my behaviour. but I simply cannot be arsed to spend more than 10 minutes on a logo which will probably be used for a month or three and then be neglected and replaced by a new contest's winning object.

Feel free to judge me for this entry though, nothing I can do about that.

edit: What 'Do' you like? That's the big question for a competition no?

If you guys really want a GOOD entry from me, then you can't have it with the current deadline.
I'm currently doing exams.
I don't have time.
I've said this before, and I simply cannot put up to the 'AMG THIS IS RACKING MAH BALLZZ OFF' expectation in this contest with a deadline who's inflicting with my personal time arrangements.

(Sorry for being so 'cold' in my behaviour of saying this message, but I feel a bit judged on my actions in this contest :\)

Last edited:
It's not like I'm asking for people to like, or judge the entry I made for this contest Snel pUppie.
and I must agree that this isn't 'pro' material if that's what you were expecting judging out of my behaviour. but I simply cannot be arsed to spend more than 10 minutes on a logo which will probably be used for a month or three and then be neglected and replaced by a new contest's winning object.

Feel free to judge me for this entry though, nothing I can do about that.

edit: What 'Do' you like? That's the big question for a competition no?

I'm sorry if you got offended by my previous post, that wasn't my intention. I expected something better because you were asking if credits would be given if they used your logo. And when I saw your logo I was thinking "does he wants credits for that?".
I don't mean that your logo is ugly or anything because it ain't, BUT I don't think it is anything special with it either.

You might not understand me but an example is like if you wanted credits for an "Hello world" program in any programming language.

Hope you get my point.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you got offended by my previous post, that wasn't my intention. I expected something better because you were asking if credits would be given if they used your logo. And when I saw your logo I was thinking "does he wants credits for that?".
I don't mean that your logo is ugly or anything because it ain't, BUT I don't think it is anything special with it either.

You might not understand me but an example is like if you wanted credits for an "Hello world" program in any programming language.

Hope you get my point.

That logo was not all that bad, I do indeed think it matches for this forum too. Just another font font and it'll be alright!

Hope you get my point.
I completely get your point, but it's not like I will be credited will I? xD
meh.. I might fix something better up now or in weekends

That logo was not all that bad, I do indeed think it matches for this forum too. Just another font font and it'll be alright!

I think it still needs something else besides text.. here's a more 'old' looking font (Old London) + some 'hawt tribal markz0rz' and you still probably go "meh.."

1208357464.gif

By the way, I've heard a comment about it being really simple.. yet I don't think many of you know how I've applied my settings..
Here's an example of how this would look without the other 3 amplifying layers + styles:

1208357611.gif

People tend to 'miss' effects you wouldn't pay attention to huh?

Aaaaaanyways...

If I want to appeal to this audience I'll probably have to vectorize a dragon or mage combined with pentooled magical letters giving a golden glow of power.. Wouldn't I?..

You'll probably hear from me.. 'later'.. if I can find time, inspiration and the o-so-needed 'do I want to do this?...'

edit:

That's the EXACT reason why I wanted to know if I'd be credited BEFORE I went to work.
I understood I wouldn't be credited what-so-ever so I couldn't get my juices flowing enough to bring anything but that standard clean modern text together with a sleek, yet simple looking effect.
Wouldn't you like it that people know who made it? .. meh I'm probably overlooking the effect of no possibility in that.

I'll erase my previous question of 'being credited'.

I just had a demotivating thought when it comes to giving something my fullest...

But, I'll repeat myself;
I don't care about it anymore.. and I might be able to juice myself up saturday or sunday

Last edited:
I think it still needs something else besides text.. here's a more 'old' looking font (Old London) + some 'hawt tribal markz0rz' and you still probably go "meh.."

1208357464.gif

Now thats what I call a winner! Awesome! I'll vote for this :p

Indeed, but what about a big T? Lol, it's not bad but it's OT not Ot xD

contain the text "OtLand".

Clearly stating a small 't' ;p

edit:

side note..

NOTE: If you plan on using images on the logo, please make sure you have the permission of the author to use it, or that the image is released in public domain.

The tribal marking is pentooled by me.. the font is questionary but probably royalty free (I've got it from 1001freefonts.com if I'm not mistaking.) and rest = also done by me

Last edited:

Who says it's OT and not Ot? It's the same as Come Here and Come here. Why use a big letter at the second word?

@ Luexo: You won't be credited on your logo, by that I mean your name won't appear on the logo or something like that, but if someone asks who the creator of the logo is we will of course give you the credits.
Nice new logo you got there :)

I wasn't trying to get my name on the design.. but I foolishly thought my name could pop up somewhere. but I'm not aiming for that AT ALL anymore.

Feel free to consider my update as an entry

Who says it's OT and not Ot? It's the same as Come Here and Come here. Why use a big letter at the second word?

OT stands for "Open Tibia" and since Tibia is a name so it has to use a capital letter, but I don't really care because I like it as it is now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back