• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compile with existing LAMP stack?

RazorBlade

Retired Snek
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello there. I'm trying to learn some Linux stuff, and I also wanted a home server that was easy to use, so I set up an Amahi server which runs on Fedora 19. I was trying to compile TFS on it but when I use cmake .. it can't find the MySQL directory (LAMP stack came pre-installed, so I couldn't install it with the other components). Is there a way to tell it to use an existing installation or is it not possible to compile without a fresh install?

LAMP installs only the server. You still need to download the development files, thats why cmake was failing.

LAMP installs only the server. You still need to download the development files, thats why cmake was failing.
No I did download everything following the steps on the git. When I tried to install all the stuff in teh first step it errored because the existing MySQL was conflicting with the new one. so I installed leaving the MySQL out and carried on. At the final step when I tried to make, it errored because it couldn't find MySQL because it was not downloaded with the other things, and instead is located elsewhere on the drive. That's why I want to know if there's a way to change where cmake looks for MySQL.

Back