• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling Nostalrius V5

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
So according to the thread Nostalrius 7.7 (https://otland.net/threads/nostalrius-7-7.262406/) - it notes to follow otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling-on-Windows-%28vcpkg%29) or otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling-on-Windows).

Now I've done both options with no luck! When I compile with Visual Studio - I get this error.

Code:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory    theforgottenserver    d:\developmentcorner\tibia\new downloads\ezz nostalrius release\nostalrius-master\src\otpch.h    44

When I use the Power Shell or Git Bash - I get this error..

Git Bash:
Code:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:
x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-wind
ows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-win
dows
bash: vcpkg: command not found

Power Shell:
Code:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows bo
ost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x6
4-windows cryptopp:x64-windows
vcpkg : The term 'vcpkg' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check
the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boos ...
+ ~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (vcpkg:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command vcpkg was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\vcpkg". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.

Actually figured out if I add .\ to the beginning of the Power Shell command it will work, and it installed everything.
So to anyone who had this problem, this is the solution to get to the next step. I will document the rest of the process below.

*NO RESPONSE IS NEEDED AT THIS POINT - HOPEFULLY IVE FIGURED IT OUT*

EDIT:
Fully finished up to wildtree.cpp (or the last .cpp file) and got this error.
Code:
Error    LNK1104    cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc141-mt-gd-x64-1_66.lib'    theforgottenserver    D:\DevelopmentCorner\Tibia\New Downloads\Ezz Nostalrius Release\Nostalrius-master\vc14\LINK    1

Last edited:
You need to do ./vcpkg not "vcpkg" :p also install boost filesystem as well
Code:
Error    LNK1104    cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc141-mt-gd-x64-1_66.lib'    theforgottenserver    D:\DevelopmentCorner\Tibia\New Downloads\Ezz Nostalrius Release\Nostalrius-master\vc14\LINK    1

Code:
Do it like the old times as i did too, bro just link the libs and includes manually and it will work i had the same problems as you

Code:

Do not forget to have VS closed, install all the libraries according to TFS 1.3 guide, and then do "./vcpkg integrate install"

Code:
1>Generating code
Built both the Release and Debug by adding the folder that contained 'libboost_system-vc141-mt-gd-x64-1_66.lib' to the "Linker" even though it's literally inside the boost folder thats already linked under additional dependencies. But hey, I'm not complaining. Thanks again @Ezzz for the awesome release! Time for me to get building now.

*REQUEST THREAD CLOSE - SOLUTION = USE SOLUTION PROPERTIES TO LINK BOOST AND LIBBOOST FOLDERS*
(This is probably rare cases only, but already stated in the thread there's been someone looking for a solution - so there it is!)

online.png

Last edited:
Back