• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling something else than TFS

liqeen

Solutions
Reaction score
After numerous of hours I finally compiled TFS 1.3 pepega, but when I am trying to compile that by downloading it with powershell
and anything other than TFS it drops me a error:
"cannot open file 'libbost_system-vc-141-mt-1_64.lib'"
Does someone know how to fix it?

What software are you using to compile the server? Are the libraries correctly linked in that project? Are you trying to compile in x86 or x64?

What software are you using to compile the server? Are the libraries correctly linked in that project? Are you trying to compile in x86 or x64?
Im using vcpkg & mvs 2017 so far I did everything like it is in compiling tutorial here:
Are the libraries correctly linked in that project? - Well didn't linked anything, just downloaded libraries by vcpkg and compiled.
I'm using release x64 to compile

vcpkg is a challenging and fastest way to compile, but not for everyone. I'd suggest you take an alternative way in case it keeps giving the same issue later.

In that case, are you sure you've installed correctly libraries for x64 in Powershell?
Code:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows

Now you must make sure that vcpkg is linking your installed libraries for your projects. Check it out here: microsoft/vcpkg (https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg) (The best way to use installed libraries with CMake is ...). When you next launch .sln project, you will see at the beginning it starts to include all libraries installed from your vcpkg file, if that happens, it means that libraries are pretty much linked to all your projects (which by default TFS should include vcpkg, I believe).

vcpkg is a challenging and fastest way to compile, but not for everyone. I'd suggest you take an alternative way in case it keeps giving the same issue later.

In that case, are you sure you've installed correctly libraries for x64 in Powershell?
Code:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows

Now you must make sure that vcpkg is linking your installed libraries for your projects. Check it out here: microsoft/vcpkg (https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg) (The best way to use installed libraries with CMake is ...). When you next launch .sln project, you will see at the beginning it starts to include all libraries installed from your vcpkg file, if that happens, it means that libraries are pretty much linked to all your projects (which by default TFS should include vcpkg, I believe).
Ye it loads libraries whenever I start a new project, and I am sure I've installed libraries correctly.
Btw when I click CTRL+F in vcpkg folder and look for "_system" I can see a lot of 142 vc libraries and only two of 140, should it be like this?

Attachments

Not really, v140 is for Visual Studio 2015, v141 is for 2017 and v142 for 2019.

So now the error is obvious, it cannot really open any library for v141. I'd suggest you find a way to install such, or if you have Visual Studio 2019 then change in properties Platform Toolset to v142. I have no clue where you can find v141 libraries for vcpkg, but try googling it. Another way would be, changing these libraries name to v141 instead of v142. Give it a try with a backup made earlier.

Not really, v140 is for Visual Studio 2015, v141 is for 2017 and v142 for 2019.

So now the error is obvious, it cannot really open any library for v141. I'd suggest you find a way to install such, or if you have Visual Studio 2019 then change in properties Platform Toolset to v142. I have no clue where you can find v141 libraries for vcpkg, but try googling it. Another way would be, changing these libraries name to v141 instead of v142. Give it a try with a backup made earlier.
Well I tried to compile with 2019 but still gives me the same error, even after retargeting the project several times, tried also with name changing still no sucess.

Did you do .\vcpkg integrate install after installing with vcpkg? (close Visual Studio first)

Solution
Try to take a look here, looks like that vcpkg finds the latest VS version it can find.

Back