• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling TFS 0.3.6 Source To Linux HELP PLEASE (I Will Pay For Help)

Ashbringer

Almighty Ashe
Reaction score
Hi i need some help to compilling a ot server source so i can use it on linux-ubuntu i haved tried many times but i go totaly wrong so please help me.

I post the source and you can maybe tell me step by step how to do it

Soruce: http://www.mediafire.com/?g3vvnxr553xvna0

just ask questions i will reply directly!

Last edited:
Hello.

what is the ubuntu version?

Best Regards
mlody.1039
hi thanks for helping. its ubuntu 12.04

- - - Updated - - -

bump

- - - Updated - - -

bump

- - - Updated - - -

bump

- - - Updated - - -

bump pleas ehelp

- - - Updated - - -

please help

- - - Updated - - -

why cant someone help me?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello.

what is the ubuntu version?

Best Regards
mlody.1039
are you working on it now? :D

- - - Updated - - -

bump

- - - Updated - - -

bump

- - - Updated - - -

bump

There is nothing about changing source to linux - it's already compatible. It's even more compatible with Linux than with Windows. What you need is to install proper libs:
Code:
apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-date-time-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-thread-dev libgmp3-dev liblua5.1-0 liblua5.1-0-dev liblua50 liblua50-dev liblualib50 liblualib50-dev lua50 lua5.1 libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libmysql++-dev libmysqlclient-dev mysql-client-5.1 mysql-server-5.1 mysql-common libxml2-dev libxml++2.6-dev cpp gcc g++ make automake autoconf pkg-config subversion liblua5.1-sql-mysql-dev liblua5.1-sql-sqlite3-dev zlib1g-dev zlib1g libcrypto++-dev libcrypto++
and follow this tutorial: http://otland.net/threads/linux-ultimate-compile-guide-for-debian-ubuntu-included.2868/

My best
Sebastian

Last edited:
There is nothing about changing source to linux - it's already compatible. It's even more compatible with Linux than with Windows. What you need is to install proper libs:
Code:
apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-date-time-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-thread-dev libgmp3-dev liblua5.1-0 liblua5.1-0-dev liblua50 liblua50-dev liblualib50 liblualib50-dev lua50 lua5.1 libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libmysql++-dev libmysqlclient-dev mysql-client-5.1 mysql-server-5.1 mysql-common libxml2-dev libxml++2.6-dev cpp gcc g++ make automake autoconf pkg-config subversion liblua5.1-sql-mysql-dev liblua5.1-sql-sqlite3-dev zlib1g-dev zlib1g libcrypto++-dev libcrypto++
and follow this tutorial: http://otland.net/threads/linux-ultimate-compile-guide-for-debian-ubuntu-included.2868/

My best
Sebastian
but its just say file dont exist and so on can you help me? maybe on team viewer?

please stop spaming and if you are not good enough in linux try to start in windows
and the tutorial is not missing any thing
if there any error just send the errors here and we will try to fix that errors

also this tutorial will help you
http://otland.net/threads/ubuntu-from-nothing-to-complete-server-tfs-modernaac-mysql-lighttpd.89001/
for me its just saying when i try to start bash: ./the forgottenserver: No such file or directory
and it saying it over and over again :(

for me its just saying when i try to start bash: ./the forgottenserver: No such file or directory
and it saying it over and over again :(
One moment. So did you actually compile it? From what you are writing, you're trying to execute command "./the forgottenserver" without compiling, don't you?

One moment. So did you actually compile it? From what you are writing, you're trying to execute command "./the forgottenserver" without compiling, don't you?
i did compile it i have the files and a folder called tfs and it says 2 errors but i did compile it and when i try to start its says no such file. but you can maybe help me with team viewer to see the exact problem

Last edited:
From what I know basic Makefile in 0.3.6/0.3.6pl1 produces file named theforgottenserver or forgottenserver, just look into your tfs directory and find compiled file!
Code:
cd ~/tfs
./theforgottenserver
or
./forgottenserver

From what I know basic Makefile in 0.3.6/0.3.6pl1 produces file named theforgottenserver or forgottenserver, just look into your tfs directory and find compiled file!
Code:
cd ~/tfs
./theforgottenserver
or
./forgottenserver
i look in the folder an find a thing called theforgottenserver.dev but i cant use any of the commands you send me and i cant start it by click on it , maybe we can use team viewer then you maybe see the problem

Code:
cd ~/tfs
./theforgottenserver
or
./forgottenserver

use "ls" to see what the folder contains also use "locate" to find a file or a folder you are looking for.

Back