• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Connection refused, please help fix

Guiaki

Reaction score
Well, I know connection refused normally happens from wrong ip address at config.lua, well heres a table of what happens:

IP Config.lua | My Status | Others Status
localhost | Connect | Connection Refused
127.0.0.1 | Connect | Connection Refused
network ip | Connect | Connection Refused
global ip | Connection Refused | Connect
no-ip ip | Connection Refused | Connect

note: everyone can connect to my website, my ports: 80, 3306, 443, 7171, 7172 are forwarded correctly

Please, how may I fix this?

Just tried with this one (I was using the same one but version 1.1.7), here is my config.lua:
Code:
-- Connection Config
ip = "189.58.119.48"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to Entera, re-opened server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "Entera"
statusTimeout = 60000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"
maxPacketsPerSecond = 25

Well, if I use my global ip it doesn't even gives me my character list, goes straight to connection refused, but leaving this way other can connect to the server..

What shall I do?

If you login from the computer that hosts the server, use the ip you used to open your ports in your ipchanger (IPv4 address).
Also turn off firewall or add the server as an exception. If it still doesn't work, you can also try to turn off your anti-virus program (if you have one).

Your NAT is probably loopback protected, try having a friend log in, for you to log in use 127.0.0.1 in ip changer.

Didn't understand, so I put 127.0.0.1 on the config.lua and the others connect by my ip? i tried that but didn't worked :S

Tried everything, still doesn't work, and by disabling the firewall also didn't worked =(, its me or other people to login, host can't connect if clients are connected

Tried that also, didn't work.
I just tried something VERY CRAZY that worked, I opened up the server (with local ip) and connected to the server, so I closed the server and put the global ip (but left my tibia on the character list), and once it was up I joined the server once again, IT WORKED also other players could log in.
BUT if I reconnect to the server (like Ctrl + Q and put my account again), it will give me Connection Refused.
That must mean something, any ideas?

Back