• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Convert 0.3.6 to 0.4

iDramatiik

http://realia.no-ip.info/ RLMap 10.41 Free Points
Reaction score
Hello , today I was testing around with a friends 0.4 distro and was trying to see how easy it is or hard to convert my server to the newer system. I am wondering is it as simple as a drag and drop switch?

I tried for the fun of it and dropped my data and schemes folder into the distro and it started up fine except for all accounts existed but had no characters.

I was wondering how can you transfer everything complete such as your account (with characters) so that I wouldn't lose anything for my players. That's the only thing stopping me from becoming premium and getting the distro myself. Hopefully theres a simple and easy solution. Thanks in advance

From what I know 0.3.6 has the same schema as 0.4 so you can just use your old database.

Okay and where is the database stored in my 0.3.6 because Im using MySQL and I dragged the schemas folder and when I login to 0.4 it says this account exists but has no characters

I don't think I was clear enough. I know how to do most stuff just when it comes to database work. I do not even know where the files are located for me to import into the 0.4 distro. If you can let me know that would be great. I use phpmyadmin with Uniserv if it helps you in aiding me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Just put the same config database on 0.3.6 for the config.lua on 0.4
and it will connect to the same DB so you will have all the accs and players (I just did that yesterday and worked)

You need to enter your phpmyadmin and click on export if you want the .sql file.
But just do as dom~ said? Use the same database, password etc as with 0.3.6.
The only thing I do when I get paid to do these things is modify all passwords to sha1 insted of plain.

Yeh I already modified to sha1. But the difference here is im switching to another cpu so If I export the sql that will be good enough ? and how do I import back

Imported ;/ still says no character on the account but on phpmyadmin its the same now as my fully functional already running server.

Back