• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ Crates - Everyone sees different

Blade33711

Solutions
Reaction score
Is it possible for one person to see chests with id 1234 and the other 4321?
If so can you guide how to do it?

Solution
doSendMagicEffect(pos, effect, cid)
cid is the creature you want to send it to, no other creatures can see it other than the cid you provide
magic effects are different than items
you can make magic effects only show to certain players but not items
it's not as simple to do as you might think

Ofc, you can view an item to player and another item to another player ( same idea done in expert PvP magic fields )
I.e someone sees a magic wall in yellow while other sees it in blue!

To do that, you need to create a custom function in NetworkMessage::addItem(Item* item) then replace it.clientId with a function that will return different CID for player x and player y.

Last edited:
Ofc, you can view an item to player and another item to another player ( same idea done in expert pvp magic walls )
I.e someone see a magic wall in yellow while other sees it in blue!

To do that, you need to create a custom function in NetworkMessage::addItem(Item* item) then replace it.clientId with a function that will return different CID for player x and player y.
i was completely wrong then
guess i know now

And forgot to say that this is tfs 0.4 :x
magic effects are different than items
you can make magic effects only show to certain players but not items
it's not as simple to do as you might think

How do it? I mean one person sees efect and others not. Ty for your help!

doSendMagicEffect(pos, effect, cid)
cid is the creature you want to send it to, no other creatures can see it other than the cid you provide

Solution
So, going further with this. Would it be possible in TFS to send different creatures to a different players?
And make them not interfere with eachother?

Back