• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creania World needs you!

Ok, thanks for tips! New mounts are nice think, i've seen it before.
Great argumentation for remove 10+ from my list, i will think about bots, but i'm sure, i will ban bots on server. Do you remember times with GM's? It was great. Thanks for helping dear Deepling!

Random/dynamic quests/rooms/environment. What I mean by this is for example there could be some secret locations like treasure rooms guarded by some mythical warrior/creature. This treasury would be cursed and if you open wrong thing you could lose something or even die (why not adding some thrill?). And by dynamic/random I mean that it could change daily (where actual reward would be) to prevent disovering it and then all people would just repeat all steps without any risk.

I like the buildings (-> impressive grand cities) and waterfalls for 10+ :)
(& I've seen ppl do some amazing things with the new clients)

IF This server does succeed, this could probably be the best server I have played and most possibly will be my favourite server, if a lot of skill and development goes into it which I hope it will be a HUGE SUCCESS, not forgetting about if lots of people play this server it will be amazing.
I have a few idea's for this server:
1. Make the map good for wars you know make it so its challenging but easy at the same time for beginners and make the cave systems all around the place so they are awesome for surprising your enemies also it should be like a never ending chase so its more fun and challenging at the same time.
2. npc's that can sell you war gear that help you in battle but make sure everything is balanced.
3. We could buy the spells that we use in combat so everybody doesn't just use the same spells all the time.
4. When hunting, make sure there are lots of spawns so everyone isn't crowded over one spawn stealing other players exp.
These are just a few suggestions I have for the server.
if you want anymore suggestions send me a private message.
I wish the best of luck for the development of this server and I cant wait to try it out :)

Tyau2kQ.jpg

Try not to make the pictures have so much shadow as it has please, all we need is just a normal ingame picture and you can even add your title to it if you want :) Keep in mind that a picture says more than a thousand words, so let the picture be clear and you will already have told us a lot about what you're posting. @tejdi

The server seems very interesting, will keep looking :)

Try not to make the pictures have so much shadow as it has please, all we need is just a normal ingame picture and you can even add your title to it if you want :) Keep in mind that a picture says more than a thousand words, so let the picture be clear and you will already have told us a lot about what you're posting. @tejdi

The server seems very interesting, will keep looking :)
I'll have eye on it, thanks for post here! :)

I think both A) and C), for some of my quests in Aragon I use map marks.. this takes place when the player is starting out on the server so he knows which directions to head for.

Later on, when the player is exploring deeper quest lines - they may end up only finding a book with a riddle that will lead to a reward, npc or location to continue the quest.

I think the picture with the shadows looks really cool. It makes it stand out compared to the typical in-game pictures.

For the map exploring I say A, B, and C.
A) There should be some marks, but mainly towards the beginning of the server to make it easier for people starting out.
B) This is my favorite. I love it when servers make books, stories, maps, etc.. that leads to find quests, NPCs, secret places, and so on. It just makes it much more interesting.
C) I also think that there should be some NPCs that are just there. They might just tell you some useless story or lore.

I agree with Zasranets. Tibia, although great for our generation of players, did do some really idiotic quests that would otherwise be unsolvable besides trial and error or GM tips.

Think about the Brightsword Quest in Tibia. It made absolutely no sense as to why that quest worked or why it gave you a Brightsword.

There should be some direction, but then let you on your own.

I agree with Zasranets. Tibia, although great for our generation of players, did do some really idiotic quests that would otherwise be unsolvable besides trial and error or GM tips.

Think about the Brightsword Quest in Tibia. It made absolutely no sense as to why that quest worked or why it gave you a Brightsword.

There should be some direction, but then let you on your own.

I agree.

There are 2 types of quests:
  1. You are told where to go (generally), and are given clues of how to get there and what you will need.
  2. You are told nothing, and you will come upon the quest area by accident, and have no idea what you need, so you start throwing every item in the game at the quest randomly hoping something will work.

Thanks for all answers, you guys are briliant! Today (but later a little bit), I'll ask about another thing. I've read your post and I'm doing notes. You're amazing, i've to say that once more :)

I'd choose both A and B. The more general quests should have map marks or atleast mark an area like... The secret tomb might be in this area. And the more secret quests should be in books and stories.

I used to be a fan of restrictive PvP systems that had a lot of concequences to PvPing. I've learned over the years that Having multiple kills towards a red skull is a better idea than having a little kills to a red skull, no matter how serious of a RPG server you have. So, I vote for C, but I would also make it so that each frag takes either very little hours (like 6-12 hours) or a lot of hours (like 24 or even 36 hours), so that yes, someone can PvP a lot and do a lot of unjusts, but they have to wait a long time to get rid of unjust frag.

I never liked the skull system in RPG servers because it's supposed to be important to have unique gear/items that you found. In Real Tibia, it worked for awhile because most people had multiple sets for replacements and if they died, it would hurt a little more financially because of Tibia's loot system. (Which has been kinda bad since the abundance of money now in RL Tibia) Not to mention RL Tibia is heavy on supplies and income for hunts, something that's less focused on a RPG server.

In my opinion, I'd work on another system to try and deal with it. Maybe more levels lost if you have Red Skull/Black skull?

Back