• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating a noobwar server! NEED YOUR OPINIONS!! SCREENSHOTS

Would you play a serious noobwar OT?

• Yes I definitely would!

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • No I hate the idea.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Perhaps, depends on the outcome.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
I am just telling, and the server is not on...

I am just telling him, not go through the same this as me.

You still cant post links of your server inside my thread. Remove it before a mod sees it, just recommending.

Some update on this, and as promised, some pictures! :w00t:

Znote couldnt participate in all due to lack of knowledge on how to pose.

You might recognize yourself.. :eek:

TEMPLE:

DEPOT:

Bit cave:

Somewhere in some desert..

Cave system underneath the city

Mountains

Questing time!

Random city

Poor tree

In my opinion, if you ever want a balanced war server you need to just remove skill / training and remove the level formals on spells. Because when you level up in war servers, and train etc.. you not only get more hp + mana, but also more; speed & damage. It's really stupid that people can play a war server with saved chars and ML train forever, get a super high magic level and then just go out and kill people. They have advantages over people who can't leave their character training 24-7. That way, you can give every spell a good amount of damage since it won't scale. I think most war servers are ruined because people who play longer eventually get a super high level + skills and just rape all new players. War servers are about skill, not how long you can leave your char in trainers, or what level you are.

In my opinion, if you ever want a balanced war server you need to just remove skill / training and remove the level formals on spells. Because when you level up in war servers, and train etc.. you not only get more hp + mana, but also more; speed & damage. It's really stupid that people can play a war server with saved chars and ML train forever, get a super high magic level and then just go out and kill people. They have advantages over people who can't leave their character training 24-7. That way, you can give every spell a good amount of damage since it won't scale. I think most war servers are ruined because people who play longer eventually get a super high level + skills and just rape all new players. War servers are about skill, not how long you can leave your char in trainers, or what level you are.

Thanks for your opinion, will try to figure a way to solve this.

I haven't read through the thread, but how will characters work? Will you lose all your progress when you die, and what will you benefit from by getting a private char?

I haven't read through the thread, but how will characters work? Will you lose all your progress when you die, and what will you benefit from by getting a private char?

I Suggest you to read through the entire thread.

Everyone will have a private character, and we havnt determinated yet how the deathlosses will work. We're still taking suggestions.

- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap: I think there should be more traps then escapes maybe like 60/40?
-
- Vocation balancing? Why, and what would have to be re-designed: Stay at it is, Quite balanced already..
-
- Potions/healins: Should be ifinity
-
- Summons, perhaps custom summons: Really not custom summons would be worse ( Maybe making mages more op that way? )
-
- Quests: Always some mini quests! ( just wounder what the starter gear would be? ) Maybe brass armor possible to make a plate set quest?
-
- Training Monks: Ofc there should be training monks but does not allow knights, paladins take over 50 Axe/Sword/Club/Dist
-
- Big or small map: I think the PVP city or whatever i should call it! ( Should be as big as Thais )
-
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monster: Maybe but really low exp ( And not so many so people can't bot for such a long time )
-
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying: I think you should stay at you're current level (maybe the exp bar disipear but not all levels resets!
-
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players: I actully think there should be would save alot of time for players!

That was my suggestions hope they help! =)
Love the mwall quest! ( Looks quite neat )
Tho i really don't like the temple ( Sorry :/ )

Anyway keep this good work up i know atlest 3 friends starts playing it :D

- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap: I think there should be more traps then escapes maybe like 60/40?
-
- Vocation balancing? Why, and what would have to be re-designed: Stay at it is, Quite balanced already..
-
- Potions/healins: Should be ifinity
-
- Summons, perhaps custom summons: Really not custom summons would be worse ( Maybe making mages more op that way? )
-
- Quests: Always some mini quests! ( just wounder what the starter gear would be? ) Maybe brass armor possible to make a plate set quest?
-
- Training Monks: Ofc there should be training monks but does not allow knights, paladins take over 50 Axe/Sword/Club/Dist
-
- Big or small map: I think the PVP city or whatever i should call it! ( Should be as big as Thais )
-
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monster: Maybe but really low exp ( And not so many so people can't bot for such a long time )
-
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying: I think you should stay at you're current level (maybe the exp bar disipear but not all levels resets!
-
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players: I actully think there should be would save alot of time for players!

That was my suggestions hope they help! =)
Love the mwall quest! ( Looks quite neat )
Tho i really don't like the temple ( Sorry :/ )

Anyway keep this good work up i know atlest 3 friends starts playing it :D

Love to hear that, thanks alot for your feedback! Regarding the custom summons I was thinking to make monsters that were actually less powerfull then the current ones, but ive found another way now.

Anyways, still want ideas for quests now! What quests do you want!?!

Deathloss should be minimum if u ask me,cuz who wants getting tons of kills,and die and lose it all? <.<

Make quests for all the best pots like GMP,GSP,GHP so people have smth to do xD And it should be real hard. Also make quests for custom gear that gives extra %protection against everything xd

Don't make it pay2play,its the worst thing u can do

Deathloss should be minimum if u ask me,cuz who wants getting tons of kills,and die and lose it all? <.<

Make quests for all the best pots like GMP,GSP,GHP so people have smth to do xD And it should be real hard. Also make quests for custom gear that gives extra %protection against everything xd

Don't make it pay2play,its the worst thing u can do

We wont make any customized items such as % protection. Also, the donations will be very limited and you will only be able to buy items that you can get ingame. Also, we wont have any donations for atleast the first week, just to let everyone have a fair chance.

Regarding potions, giving a level 15 a GMP will make him immortal. We might make some new manas/hp pots, but that will heal less then they do on real.

Thanks for suggestions!

- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap?
Easy to trap but also some bigger open areas
- Vocation balancing? Why, and what would have to be re-designed?
Keep it as it is and if u see that something is wrong with it u can still change some things when server is up.
- Potions/healins
Don’t make them too powerfull, so that It won’t be who has the most pots that wins
- Summons, perhaps custom summons?
Definetly no costum summons
- Quests?
ye quest and lots of them so that u got something to do when there are not so many people online.
- Training Monks?
Yes but make it that u can only do it like 1 or 2 hours a day ( could be with a scroll who grants u 2h a day access to the hunting area
- Big or small map? (With big I mean several cities, with small I mean a city with the size of Thais~)
Medium ^^; a big town like thais + some nature around it and some caves.
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monsters?(compered to PvP exp)
I would do very slow exp, especially when u kill monsters. And not that many monsters at same spawn (maybe u could do it that when u do quest u don’t get exp from that monsters to prevent people farming the quest zones. Instead u could give a steady amount when u open the quest chest
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying?
Start with a lvl 8 so that u can’t fall below this , also maybe make a max lvl ( or make it soo hard to reach higher lvl , with that I mean like lvl 50 or so, don’t want to see server getting inhabited with higher lvls killing all new players.
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players?
Some basic eq from quest , maybe some better eq from the harder quest and then shop ingame for trophies is also a good idea.

I really like the idea of the annhilator with the orc spearman ^^ , maybe u could make somesort of dwarf population living underneath the surface and u need to defeat the king ( a dwarf guard or geomancer) to get the reward.
or some kind of arena quest with low lvl monsters.

keep it up :) i will definetly try it when it comes up

Kind regards,
hehemidu

- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap?
Easy to trap but also some bigger open areas
- Vocation balancing? Why, and what would have to be re-designed?
Keep it as it is and if u see that something is wrong with it u can still change some things when server is up.
- Potions/healins
Don’t make them too powerfull, so that It won’t be who has the most pots that wins
- Summons, perhaps custom summons?
Definetly no costum summons
- Quests?
ye quest and lots of them so that u got something to do when there are not so many people online.
- Training Monks?
Yes but make it that u can only do it like 1 or 2 hours a day ( could be with a scroll who grants u 2h a day access to the hunting area
- Big or small map? (With big I mean several cities, with small I mean a city with the size of Thais~)
Medium ^^; a big town like thais + some nature around it and some caves.
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monsters?(compered to PvP exp)
I would do very slow exp, especially when u kill monsters. And not that many monsters at same spawn (maybe u could do it that when u do quest u don’t get exp from that monsters to prevent people farming the quest zones. Instead u could give a steady amount when u open the quest chest
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying?
Start with a lvl 8 so that u can’t fall below this , also maybe make a max lvl ( or make it soo hard to reach higher lvl , with that I mean like lvl 50 or so, don’t want to see server getting inhabited with higher lvls killing all new players.
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players?
Some basic eq from quest , maybe some better eq from the harder quest and then shop ingame for trophies is also a good idea.

I really like the idea of the annhilator with the orc spearman ^^ , maybe u could make somesort of dwarf population living underneath the surface and u need to defeat the king ( a dwarf guard or geomancer) to get the reward.
or some kind of arena quest with low lvl monsters.

keep it up :) i will definetly try it when it comes up

Kind regards,
hehemidu

Great! Thanks for your feedback!

We wont make any customized items such as % protection. Also, the donations will be very limited and you will only be able to buy items that you can get ingame. Also, we wont have any donations for atleast the first week, just to let everyone have a fair chance.

I just wanna know if you didn't said it before but will there be donate? :(

Read :)

Back