• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating a noobwar server! NEED YOUR OPINIONS!! SCREENSHOTS

Would you play a serious noobwar OT?

• Yes I definitely would!

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • No I hate the idea.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Perhaps, depends on the outcome.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Amoaz

Faloria owner
Reaction score
So I was thinking I should start another project now when I got time. I Know this been done so many times before, but imo its always been half-arsed (they finished 50% of the scripts/map and realesed it) which dosnt give me an ultimate experience. Also, all the noobwar OTs ive been on has used the same map. Now im pretty sick of it, and Id like to do it with another map.

So this time, I want to create something special. I Already got some special ideas but I wont spoil them here to avoid someone "stealing" them from me, but Id like to hear YOUR opinions on how YOU would like the ultimate noobwar server to be. Pros and cons on noobwars you've played, things you thought were good, and things you thought were bad.

Things like;
- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap?
- Vocation balancing? Why, and what would have to be re-designed?
- Potions/healins
- Summons, perhaps custom summons?
- Quests?
- Training Monks?
- Big or small map? (With big I mean several cities, with small I mean a city with the size of Thais~)
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monsters?(compered to PvP exp)
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying?
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players?

Things ive already decided to include:
- Custom website 100% designed for a noobwar server. Will be made by me.
- Your own character
- No possibility to login MCs and kill yourself.
- If a player kills the same player more then 5 times in a row, they wont recive any more trophys until they've killed atleast two other players from different IPs.

I Know this isnt some new idea, I just want to improve it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Screenshots of the server can be seen on these links! #1 #2 #3 #4

//Amoaz​

Last edited:
Make kill streaks, thats cool
Add little hunt zones that give very low exp,
Maybe summons for sorcs and druid get overpowered no?

The only good noobwar server ever was frankfarmers, try to contact him.

No huntings places atleast. Shovel scarabs @ sand should not be possible, remember to fix that :p

The only good noobwar server ever was frankfarmers, try to contact him.

No huntings places atleast. Shovel scarabs @ sand should not be possible, remember to fix that :p

Might not have been clear but uhm, no I wont use any map that has been used for this kind of project before :)

Make kill streaks, thats cool
Add little hunt zones that give very low exp,
Maybe summons for sorcs and druid get overpowered no?

A big part of noobwars are summons from the mages. I do not tend to remove them from the game, but instead maybe increase manacosts/level to summon them, or only make it possible to create one of the stronger ones.
I Do however like the idea of killstreaks, will look into that :)

Will ofcourse have a top fraggers list on website, and perhaps even war system.

- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap?
Alot of escapes. Building places that are easy to trap destroys the game. Although you should make it 50/50. So there are some one ways etc.

- Vocation balancing? Why, and what would have to be re-designed?
Like you said @above post about the summons being more mana to summon for mages. That'd be awesome.

- Potions/healins
If this is a pure "noob war" you should only obtain normal pots and it should be extremely hard to reach level 50.

- Summons, perhaps custom summons?
Nope, stick with original.

- Quests?
I played a noobwar, well rookwar once and there was anni but with Orc Spearman who throws spears more often, it was awesome. Prizes were things like Carlin Sword etc.

- Training Monks?
Most definatley not.

- Big or small map? (With big I mean several cities, with small I mean a city with the size of Thais~)
Small.

- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monsters?(compered to PvP exp)
Very slow exp from monsters.

- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying?

- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players?
Buy equipment and exp from trophys though make sure this is balanced (the exp).

You could add "talons" or something when you kill a player and it randomly gives you addon item/s. then have an addon npc.

Any updates on this? I'd definitely try it out with a few friends when its up.

I have some ideas, perhaps we could combine & become a team.

Yep im still considering. Kinda depends on if I can hook a certain person to join me on this :p

Last edited:
Bump, still in progress. Working on the map atm, also found myself a scripter and probably hoster. Please keep the ideas coming!

Still working on the server. Will probably run it soon so I can post some screenshots :) Still want more opinions!!

I wanna cooperate with you. Is it possible for me to join the team/got any contact info?

Things like;
- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap? A: both.
- Potions/healins A: infinite
- Summons, perhaps custom summons? A: no custom summons makes mages OP.
- Quests? A: just some usefull
- Training Monks? A: only to knights and paladin and they could only skill some hours
- Big or small map? (With big I mean several cities, with small I mean a city with the size of Thais~) A: small and nice map with many cave , mountains
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monsters?(compered to PvP exp) A:no hunting only in quest
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying? A:maybe lvl 10 or 15
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players? A: no equiment, only addons

Things like;
- How should the map be designed? Alot of escapes or easy to trap? A: both.
- Potions/healins A: infinite
- Summons, perhaps custom summons? A: no custom summons makes mages OP.
- Quests? A: just some usefull
- Training Monks? A: only to knights and paladin and they could only skill some hours
- Big or small map? (With big I mean several cities, with small I mean a city with the size of Thais~) A: small and nice map with many cave , mountains
- Possibility to hunt? Slow or semi-slow exp from monsters?(compered to PvP exp) A:no hunting only in quest
- Starting level for a new character? Should you be able to fall below this starting level when dying? A:maybe lvl 10 or 15
- Shops ingame. Should you be able to buy equipment or just EXP for the trophys you get from killing other players? A: no equiment, only addons

Thanks for your opinions! Helps alot!
Already added; Desert Quest (will grant you some exp and BoH), Machete Quest, Noob Annhilator.
Todo: Paralyze Quest, Magicwall/Wild Growth quest (Should you only be able to pick one?), basic equipment quest.
What else do you guys want?

Starting level will most likely be set to 8. However, most spells will be remade so you can use some of them in the beggining.

Id also want an opinion regarding death loss. Should you be able to exp when dying? As my idea is now the death loss should be there but it should be minimal (around 1-2%). What do you think?

However, I think it's a bad idea because, I had a very big expectation on my NoobWar OT, but It went to hell :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Warofthetitans only bec you fail dosent it mean that Amoaz will fail?

Back