• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating a Rookgaard map. What is your idea?

johandexter

Reaction score
So i was just wondering what you guys would think of a rookgaard map that is remapped. A map where we have casual mid exp rate, remapped with houses in town and shops.
The underground rat cave/troll cave/orc cave/wasp area switched out with other monsters such as dragons,hero,dls,rotworms etc.
So basically uppdating rookgaard so it's like a normal map with quests etc. Changing out the "spike Sword quest" to something like magic sword quest or copper shield quest to something else.

Do you guys think people would play on such a map? or is it to much? What is your view on this.

I have always wanted to play on a server with a modified Rookguard map. (With vocations and stuff).
I think I have seen some projects do it before without much success tho.

But I think it is pretty suitable for an OT server. The smaller map makes it easier to update for content creators, it would run on weaker servers, it would fit smaller communities better. (30 players online on a full cipsoft map = you never see anyone).

I was started but with exp x2 or exp x3
:D

6yNjFu.png

Z6GKrq.png

waRGll.png

CujAfs.png

r3OSwI.png

VkV1Da.png

aJwQvj.png

YglwFy.png

L7cHrG.png

akmdw8.png

It looks really good, but have you added new spawns/quests and renewing existing rat spawns.. But do you guys think this kind of a server would work?. You can basically add new spawns but the bigger the server gets the more spawns you create.

I personally like cities that are smaller and look more crowded then huge cities that you barley see people in.
For example Tibia map today is huge but people barley visit Ab dendriel,carlin,venore. '
It is the same in ot maps people are only in one area which is Thais.
What is your view on this can this type of server be pulled off?

It looks really good, but have you added new spawns/quests and renewing existing rat spawns.. But do you guys think this kind of a server would work?. You can basically add new spawns but the bigger the server gets the more spawns you create.

I personally like cities that are smaller and look more crowded then huge cities that you barley see people in.
For example Tibia map today is huge but people barley visit Ab dendriel,carlin,venore. '
It is the same in ot maps people are only in one area which is Thais.
What is your view on this can this type of server be pulled off

the reason for that is because tibia is no where near as popular as it once was unfortunately. but back in 7.4 when i first joined tibia almost every city at the time was crowded

that too. But how can people not get sick and tired of all the Rl map. I want something new. Would you think this idea would work?

Me personally I'm tired of rl map servers even if its customized for new details it still real maps design. I prefer a new custom map

So a new designed rookgaard then? It isn't exactly a rl map but its not either 100% custom either. Would you imagine people playing on such a map?

Furthermore you talked about the nostalgic feeling of 7.4, i created a similar post on the "chit chat" side since i didn't exactly know where to post this. Another guy there also pointed out that this idea would most likely work on a 7.6 map.
Lets say hypothetically i was to start a ot like this.

Would you want to see a old school rookgaard remapped or a 8.6+ rookgaard remaped.
A newer rookgaard has ofcourse more room for better monsters quests etc

Back