• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating server based on Tibia 5.0

Would you visit this server in future?

• Yes

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters

Everlord

Old Tibia lover
Reaction score
Hi OTLanders, its my 1st post here so hi there ;)

Alright mates, few days ago i have successfully unpacked Tibia.spr from Tibia 5.0. I have pack old sprites onto 7.72 spr file (few outfits left) so i decided to create server with rules from 2001 year. I have got informations, histories, movies and screenies from that time so making of this server wont be a diging with closed eyes.

kjr1VXi.png

HKc0pwN.png

What i want to do?
-Recreate map from that times (pre-edron age) with Calcanea, old rook with tp rooms etc.
It mustnt be a tile to tile copy, but i want to make 80% identical map.
Remove features like
-Trade
-Skulls
-Learning spells (*) from voc. masters. Just bring back spell scrolls
-Limited summons (*) (ahh, imagine ed with 5 ghouls roaming through Tibia City)
-PZ in deposit
-Destoying items by monsters/players
-Spells binded with vocation
-plantium/crystal coins
-stackable fishes
-Light effects
-Walking animation (left only "jumping" to next tile)
-Nicknames and hp bars upon char
-Remove flat system and make lostboys again ;)

(*) - not sure, what you think?
Well i have done:
-Sprites
-Client fixes (old light system, old walking system, no nicknames and bars)

Well, there is a long way against me ;)
What is your opinion? Please share

Thanks for reading

@Edit:
Client after some RE plays work as old, really ancient client.
I will publish client with protection againts bots and sprite stealers (i know RE little bit)

PS. For tru old timez lovers: https://i.imgur.com/aKik5o0.jpg?1

Lets see it in move, as you can see, old movement system works good

Well our initial plan is:
Build terrains with isles and undergrounds around Tibia City in 1st release of server. Then we can make updates which creatures from 6.0,6.2 etc.
Balance vocations (cuz there were no balancing in these times)
Do not make spell scrolls nor vocation masters. Just spells will be learned as on regular OTS
Keep stages very low, under x5
Luring GS from underground (It's magic)
No PZ lock (It was improved in 7.01)
No skulls and exp from players
No trade
Normal flat system
No trapping monsters by fields (but no one will be able to destroy items by weapon nor rune, even monsters)
Tasks
Broadcast spell

I removed trade, party and destroying items. Monsters cant push minors nor blockpath items. Map (Thanks Peonso for this shape again) is in early dev stage. We have only finished terrains near Tibia City.
Stages on server, Exp, Skills x3 Mlvl x2 Loot x1

Last edited:
Are you going to bring back spell scrolls and trapping monsters with field runes?

To be honest, tibia 5.0 got small content and many bugs.

Yeah i think spells scrolls and trapping monsters should give back atmosphere of these times.
But there should be no bugs

Yeah i think spells scrolls and trapping monsters should give back atmosphere of these times.
By bugs I mean putting energy bomb on monster and trapping it.
Anyway, u won't replicate 5.0 as you do not know probably about hidden quests that have existed that time.

Last edited:
This looks interesting, hopefully this ain't another project that will die just like Historia.

By bugs I mean putting energy bomb on monster and trapping it.
Anyway, u won't replicate 5.0 as you do not know probably about hidden quests that have existed that time.
Is not a bug, is a feature. But you are right, there is no one who can tell me about hidden quests.

This looks interesting, hopefully this ain't another project that will die just like Historia.
I think Historia died cuz they can receive all sprites. They used to cut sprites from old screenshoots. As far i remember, they recover 70%-80%
And as far i remember they couldnt make client to work as old one.

Last edited:
Is not a bug, is a feature. But you are right, there is no one who can tell me about hidden quests.

I think Historia died cuz they can receive all sprites. They used to cut sprites from old screenshoots. As far i remember, they recover 70%-80%
And as far i remember they couldnt make client to work as old one.
It was a bug, not a feature.

What you see as old era atmosphere, or 5.0 features, are just imbalanced shit that will be exploitable by players nowadays, as the culture and knowledge is totally different from 20 years ago. I can't see the point of using this "old light system", or don't limiting the number of summons, or no PZ, or trapping giant spiders with energy fields. Just broken mechanics that are bad or abusable.

Here is a 7.6 .otbm map shape based on the first image below.
Download

Minimaps, last one is from 7.0
d6zrBLu.png
PpkHoYg.png
cH6kNtv.png
oUvdMcQ.png
ZyCkUtr.png
x9h9y4X.png
dT1ntiR.jpg

You also might like http://tibiahistory.com/.

Last edited:
What you see as old era atmosphere, or 5.0 features, are just imbalanced shit that will be exploitable by players nowadays, as the culture and knowledge is totally different from 20 years ago. I can't see the point of using this "old light system", or don't limiting the number of summons, or no PZ, or trapping giant spiders with energy fields. Just broken mechanics that are bad or abusable.

Here is a 7.6 .otbm map shape based on the first image below.
Download

Minimaps, last one is from 7.0
d6zrBLu.png
PpkHoYg.png
cH6kNtv.png
oUvdMcQ.png
ZyCkUtr.png
x9h9y4X.png
dT1ntiR.jpg

You also might like http://tibiahistory.com/.

Thanks mate for your post. I have a small question, which tool can generate shape map basing on minimap?

Thanks mate for your post. I have a small question, which tool can generate shape map basing on minimap?
I use this to convert .bmp to .otx https://otland.net/threads/map-shape-picture-to-otx-map-format.34443/(download on page 2). I open it with a .txt editor, change some shit. Open it with Simone Map Editor, convert it to 7.6 .otbm, then open it with RME, fix dimensions and version.

listId.txt
Code:
ListColor.txt
Code:

Thanks. Btw. i keep in mind words of Peonso.

Anyone one wants to be a volunteer and build player outfits basing on spritebase?
Just join parts of head, body legs and feets and make four sprites, in every direction.
10,15 outfits will be great. As reward i can add you to credits and give some moderate items at server start.

url to parts (bmp)
http://ge.tt/1IDSg4I2/v/0

Please create it as 24 bit bmp with 255,0,255 background (same as in my package), 4 frame for one outfit

@Edit

Lets see it in move, as you can see, old movement system works good

Last edited:
This is 7.72 moded to looks and work like 5.0-6.4
Sux or not, this is unique project

that features u said are sucks, i mean no limit on summons, trap monsters, no pz. I have seen some videos of that version and honestly i find it very buggy, but ofc there is not system who couldn't be improved... If you need a suggestion the best thing you could do is remove all "bugs" from that version (what some users said) and add some new features, this is what some old (not that old) OTS versions are doing right now, you could make the player feel the feeling from that age but not how it was there at all, that sucks.

On recent features i mean:
Shared exp
Tasks
Show loot message
and others?

Anyway, good luck with that, i find it too interesting (since i never player that version (i started from 7.6 :']))
Keep doing it!

Back