• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Crescent Stones: Paid Positions Available

dbrown30

Reaction score
Crescent Stones

Hello and thank you for your interest in the Crescent Stones project! My name is David and I am passionate about developing online games and computer technology in general. I have obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, been the IT Director for three libraries in Northwest Georgia, USA, and I'm currently employed in a Digital Marketing agency. In my free time, I enjoy designing and developing websites. Throughout this post, I will explain more about the game, our open positions, how to apply, as well as our current team.

About the Game

Some of my greatest gaming memories are from RPGs like the Final Fantasy and Zelda series. It is my objective to create an atmosphere inCrescent Stones that fully engage the player in the world of the game, much more than that of Tibia. In many Open Tibia projects, it's extremely fast level and to build the character where you can explore everything and complete any quest. This will not be the case in Crescent Stones. Like most serious RPGs, it will take time and patience to explore and to progress in the game, yet will be engaging and exciting each step of the way as the story unfolds.

Open Positions

We are interested in individuals with great talent for our team and offer a variety of positions. Of course, those who want to freely volunteer their time to see the success of our project will be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded for their efforts. For others, we are willing to "pay per job," where we will discuss and agree on terms before a job is to be completed. Upon completion, a payment is sent.
Note: In order to receive payment, you must be able to accept checks or PayPal.
Below is a list of positions that are available. Please feel free to also submit an application, if you feel you have additional services that would benefit our project. :)

HOSTING

We are looking for a dedicated host that can host the game server with "virtually" 100% uptime and a strong connection. It is a plus if you can also provide apache and MySQL services. Location must first begin in the United States (preferably east coast), but we will seek hosting opportunities in other countries at a later time.

WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
We could use help designing the website and its functionality. Please consider submitting an application if you are experienced in HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, or Javascript.
Please also consider if you are experienced in the following programs: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, or GIMP.

SCRIPTING AND PROGRAMMING
There are many unique game aspects that need heavy scripting and programming. This includes quests, NPCs, events, and other core features that will be created. Because of the magnitude of scripts that must be created, we will allow several people from these positions on the team.

GRAPHIC DESIGNER
There are many graphics that must be created in-game and on the website. Whether you are familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, or a Jedi Master at Paint, we will consider your application. Items that will be modified are outfits, game tiles, logos, and web graphics.

MAP DESIGNER
The world map is still in its planning stages, but there are many tricky and sophisticated areas that will need expert hands to create. However, there are also many simpler locations that would just help out having extra houses, hunting grounds, etc. to be ready to include into the game.

TESTER
After a change has been implemented, there's always a way to improve on it. We need dedicated testers who will purposely stress-test our game and seek for loop holes. We will also need people to test the functionality and ease of use for the website and game.​

Submit Application

I will take a very lenient approach to applications and do not require a formal resume of your skills. Please feel free to reply back to me at the method that is easiest to you. Whether it's replying here, a private message, Skype, or email, I will be sure to respond to you. I will be interested in knowing which skills you have, how you think you can benefit the project, and if you are interested in a paid position or not. An example of your work would also be extremely helpful.

Google Voice: 706-623-3479 (text only please)
Email: [email protected]

The Team

We strive to maintain a hard working and passionate team. Although there is not a set amount of time that we work, we always find communication easy. Skype is the instant messaging tool that we use to send instant messages. Calls and video calls are optional and are never required, although we find it as a very useful and exciting way to chat and get our points across. When needing to set important documents and files, email has been our primary choice.

Sometimes, we like to have some extra fun and will randomly call each other on Skype throughout the day from our phones and computers... Words with Friends is also known to consume our phones and results in "GO!! its ur turn now!" messages being sent. :p
David
Position: A lot of everything.

Joseph
Position: Graphic Designer and Digital Marketing Coordinator

Amado
Position: Map Designer

Siraj
Position: Map Designer​

Thank You!

Thank you for your interest and support!​

Back