• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Custom Items

noshirtstan

Reaction score
hey folks,

I've run into a slight problem while creating custom items.

I've followed the format of creating the item in the Object Builder, adding it to item editor and then saving the OTB file.

Ive added the item to the xml file as well.

When I try to call the item (/i xxxx) the item does not appear and it crashes whatever container it is in. Ive tried just placing one on the map, and then rebooting the server but it still doesn't appear.

Now this method was done using a custom OTClient. When I use the traditional method; ipchange with legit 10.98 client, the items appear and are usable no problem.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
@noshirtstan

besides the object builder you also need a program called Item Editor.
once you create the item on object builder you have to save/compile the changes and close it, then you need to use this tool:

way to use it:
once you load your otb must go to --->create missing items ---->save

and done

some ppl had said that the tool doesn't work but for me works fine.
If you have bugs please tell me
Did you update your OTclients data/things/clientversion with your newly edited .spr .dat

@noshirtstan

besides the object builder you also need a program called Item Editor.
once you create the item on object builder you have to save/compile the changes and close it, then you need to use this tool:

way to use it:
once you load your otb must go to --->create missing items ---->save

and done

some ppl had said that the tool doesn't work but for me works fine.
If you have bugs please tell me

Last edited:
Solution
The Object Builder accepted my self-created item, i compiled it aswell. so i opened Itemeditor and opened the itemsfiles for my 10.98 server and pressed "creat new item" and even try duplicate the last item and paste the new CLient ID ( which is 23726 ) into the CLient ID & Ware ID Line, but the Client ID wont accept this numbers and always jumps back to number 23725 ( which is the last item of the list )

Someone can help me ? :D

Back