• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Custom Map] Fight monsters, trade goods, make friends, cast spells - Open RPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
tGrDLMz.png

Hello everyone!
I decided to start with few friends a new project - Open RPG. Why RPG? Because there will be a lot of quests with storylines and your character will make progress during playing. Why Open? Because you don't need to complete them all. It will be a huge and free world like real map where you can go everywhere you want.

Why we are creating this server? Because we are tired of evo servers, 999exp, rl maps, rpgs with more systems and new graphics than quests and hunting places.

toiu3Iu.gif
Server info:
Client:
10.77 (we're planning to keep it up-to-date)
Exp: not decided yet (maybe 2x-5x)
Loot: 2
Skill rate: 3 (may change)
Magic rate: 3 (may change)
PvP: yes

latest
What will remain?
  • Monsters (not bosses)
  • Spells and runes
  • Weapons and equipment
  • Graphics
  • PvP system
  • Vocations
latest
What will be new?
  • Genesis (plot)
  • Map
  • Quests (chest quests, secrets, storylines, tasks etc.)
  • New set of bosses and some new monsters
  • NPCs
  • Online shop (premium account, sex changer, name changer, donations)

7LRydU3.gif
Progress:

Map progress (terrain, quests, characters):

Overall: [X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X] 10%

ImMvA8U.gif
Screenshots (work in progress!):
Attention! New screens will be posted in new posts (links to posts will be in changelog)!

Cie0SVB.png
vFEO5a1.png

Z4QwUOt.png
ZisX2sK.png

M9n5F4o.png
clhwrsR.png

PSnuRBX.png
q29RuZX.png

34gZjyT.png
88Zmy8C.png

Dorav (Home of newbies, Mia's Kingdom) [ROOK/FACC]
Fort Karr (Underground city, Tumunzan Dwarves & Rebels) [MAIN START/FACC]
Namnes (Port town, Mia's Kingdom) [MAIN START/FACC]
Qus (Port on desert land, Mia's Kingdom) [MAIN START/PACC]
Royal Town (Capital, Mia's Kingdom) [FACC]
Ka'Feth (City of friendly elves, Aine Elves) [FACC]
Lero (Rebels hideout, Rebels) [FACC]
Tantarona (Tropical islands, Hanza Union) [PACC]
Camp of Wolves (Barbarians, Gauti Nords) [PACC]
Thinis (Pharao City, Da'l Tah Clan) [PACC]

Last edited:
StT9mIG.png
hQNq4W6.png
4Ke5WG5.png

Spiders cave on Dorav.

New signature is coming, stay tuned if you want to help us with advertising :)

Looks interesting, so far.

However, I can tell you now you won't want to limit areas by FACC or PACC. Give Premium members other additional things, not actual game content. Otherwise most people will just think it's a cash grab, or just straight up be pissed you're limiting areas by how much they pay you. Instead, do things like (minor) increased regen, daily gold handouts, chances at killing rare bosses, higher chances of finding magic loot, faster stamina regen, faster skilling, and whatever else you may think of.

@Demon Overlord
Premium Account will work like in RL Tibia. More outfits, more areas, more spells, houses, guilds, mounts etc. Your idea for PACC it's really bad in my opinion. I don't want to ease the gameplay for Premium Players, I just want to give them more content.

If anyone wants to help with advertising, use this code in signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://torg.pl/showthread.php?463417-W%B3asna-mapa-Walcz-handluj-zaprzyja%BCniaj-si%EA-czaruj-Open-RPG!"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/RQBgjNB.png[/IMG][/URL]

@mich3208
Ok, so give me money for hosting and premium account will be free. I think it's better to have ability to buy premium account than buying items with 1000 attack.

Last edited:
@Demon Overlord
Premium Account will work like in RL Tibia. More outfits, more areas, more spells, houses, guilds, mounts etc. Your idea for PACC it's really bad in my opinion. I don't want to ease the gameplay for Premium Players, I just want to give them more content.

HTML:
[URL="http://torg.pl/showthread.php?463417-W%B3asna-mapa-Walcz-handluj-zaprzyja%BCniaj-si%EA-czaruj-Open-RPG!"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/RQBgjNB.png[/IMG][/URL]

The only reason you'd find that premium account system bad is because you're hungry for money over creating a fun server that anyone can enjoy.

Other than that it looks really interesting, but I don't enjoy the fact that I'll have to pay to enjoy the full server, especially since this is an ot which can shut down at any time just like that.

The only reason you'd find that premium account system bad is because you're hungry for money over creating a fun server that anyone can enjoy.

Other than that it looks really interesting, but I don't enjoy the fact that I'll have to pay to enjoy the full server, especially since this is an ot which can shut down at any time just like that.

Pretty much it.
Also, people should donate to your server, because it's a good server. Not because you need it to enjoy the content available.

Pretty much it.
Also, people should donate to your server, because it's a good server. Not because you need it to enjoy the content available.

So I will reply the same to you:

Ok, so give me money for hosting and premium account will be free. I think it's better to have ability to buy premium account than buying items with 1000 attack.

@Demon Overlord

HTML:

@mich3208
With this thinking you will have only few players. Why not make things like premium outfits and mounts? Having to pay for full access to game it's basically pay2play and will lead to server die.

With this thinking you will have only few players. Why not make things like premium outfits and mounts? Having to pay for full access to game it's basically pay2play and will lead to server die.
It will work like RL tibia premium as I said before.

That's the main problem, the ot community is pretty small in comparing to RL tibia.
Also sadly, only a small part of the ot community is interested in custom servers.
And with that being said only a small part of this side of the community is willing to pay to play servers like this.

We're not telling you that you can't do it. Feel free. We're just informing you as players, developers, and server owners, that you're doing a bad idea and it will negatively affect who, and how many will want to enjoy your server. You don't deserve to have money, for anything. You must earn it, and you can achieve that through making a good server that doesn't FORCE you to pay to enjoy the content. Otherwise people will avoid it like the plague. Your server will absolutely not be as alluring as real tibia, and you can't apply the same logic to an OT as Cip does to their game. Apples to oranges.

Also, no one mentioned anything about OP donor items. I suggested passive benefits in order to be more fair and have a higher degree of balance.

hmm wypas.eu had premium system like that, which is probably the most succesful custom lowexp rpg server ever. it was online for a very longtime and had a huge playerbase. just keep the system, it's probably the most profitable one and probably the best one for a longterm server. and just ignore these poor otland ppl, they literally cry on every server having something that requires a few dollars

Last edited:
That's the problem. You won't have as good server as real tibia. In my opinion real tibia got the best quests/lore but after years of exploring it, it just became boring.
Just as @Demon Overlord said, we are informing you as players and developers.

hmm wypas.eu had premium system like that, which is probably the most succesful custom lowexp rpg server ever. it was online for a very longtime and had a huge playerbase. just keep the system, it's probably the most profitable one and probably the best one for a longterm server. and just ignore these poor otland ppl, they literally cry on every server having something that requires a few dollars

It depends on who you aim for. If you aim on the polish community you will have no problem getting enough people to donate, however this'll mean that the international community will barely play since they will get pa'd and discriminated by the polish community.

It's not about being poor, it's about being willing to pay for a server that has no guarantees of being online for a long amount of time. I think you need to look up the definition of the word literally, it seems you and I have a different definition.

It would work if your server has been known for a longer time for a larger amount of players, but starting a server with this system out of the blue most likely isn't going to make it very profitable, unless you aim for a certain group as I said before.

You didn't read a thing anyone posted, did you? You just assumed you knew what we were talking about. Polish =/= International. Polish =/= Everyone. Just incase you somehow orgot that.

Looks good, but a bit heavy with the objects imo. They're literally everywhere. Cut out some of the stalagmites. Spider webs are good.

Awesome, i do love me some custom rpg servers :D a break from the mainstream. keeping my eyes on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back