• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Maps = No Good

most custom maps dont have a lot of players on them. as compared to rl maps as long as u have a stable host and its online often its easy to make it to 50ppls online

Maybe if you have a custom map, you must have people to help like tutors to show everyone the hunting places, so people wont say: "Aff, I dont know the map."

??

People ask Tutors
Tutors ask Counselours
Counselours ask Community Managers
Community Managers ask GameMasters
Gamemaster ask Gods
Gods ask Admins
Admins ask theirself.

why join a server if u just gonna ask where everything is? half the fun is exploring and finding new stuff, but many ppl dont even like to explore

Well, Im talking about you enter the OT then you explore and if you're bored or angry of the map, you can ask. It's not about a tutor or CM in the temple and saying: "I can take you to every part of the map!". :O

most custom maps dont have a lot of players on them. as compared to rl maps as long as u have a stable host and its online often its easy to make it to 50ppls online

Me and a friend made a stable real map.
Added some random custom crap.

And Walla! 250 people online in 2 days.

Custom maps are always hard to start on, thats why people pick real tibia maps, since wherever you go you know what to do.

Custom Maps are hard, but there's people that like to explore.

Also, there's lazy people that just want to travel into known maps.

:/

Me and a friend made a stable real map.
Added some random custom crap.

And Walla! 250 people online in 2 days.

you still use a real map u just added a few custom things to help

Custom maps are always hard to start on, thats why people pick real tibia maps, since wherever you go you know what to do.

thats what i'm saying

How many servers exist right now that have maps that have 90% or more custom made maps.

There may be a few but barely any compared to the amount of rl maps. Everyone goes on about how custom maps are so great but look at MMB's work and soon the same thing will happen the Chauz.They mapping is amazing but MMB's server failed in time(i forgot the name of it) and soon the same will happen to Chauz once he opens up a server

Peope find comfort in what they all ready know and love look at evolutions map, anyone who knew anything about OT's knew evolutions maps it became popular and people played it, the same with YurOT's map, But this is only because the maps were everywhere how many people do you think would play on YurOT's map if it was a custom map at the time? not many.

The great custom maps that went down wasnt bc of the custom map (like MMBs server the lostlands), it was bc of corruption within the team/gms/cms. Atleast what ive heard someone died and lost magic sword, which was not obtainable in the lostlands. Ppl understood someone got help from gm/cm and ppl started pking/ruining the server...

Why would rl maps be less corrupted, prolly more since they dont need as much work to be done... a great custom map isnt something you wanna spoil :eek:

All people that are using Rl Map is lame...

1st reason: They can't map.
2nd: They are lazy.
3rd: They only get Noob players on the server.
4th: People know every place in the map. Not fun to explore..
5. RL MAP SUXXX!!

I disagree u too...

The first 5 months of my server OnLine... people (the smart ones!) told me this: "Why you don't change the map?" "Evolution maps sux..." then I said to them u wanna rl map.. and some of them told me yes, but the majority ones told me NO...

So, you get more pro and experienced players by creating a full custom map

In my opinion, CiPSoft maps are for people who cannot play real tibia, the reason being, they can't afford premium, they are massive noob's or the think they can cheat on servers and get away with it.

Regards,

I disagree u too...

The first 5 months of my server OnLine... people (the smart ones!) told me this: "Why you don't change the map?" "Evolution maps sux..." then I said to them u wanna rl map.. and some of them told me yes, but the majority ones told me NO...

So, you get more pro and experienced players by creating a full custom map

We already know evolution map sucks, that's why we're telling you to make your own maps.

OMG STOP TALKING ABOUT "RL MAP"
RL = Real Life...
There is no Real Life tibia map

Is it that hard to wright Real tibia map or Cip map..

BTW: Custom map is the shit

Custom maps suck. the Idea of an Server Emulator is copy cat the real server with all its content and it is being used wrong by custom mappers. also almost all custom maps are so small yu quit playing after 2 or 3 days because you have done erverything and seen everything. Another problem with coustom map servers is that the most of them are only up on air for a week or two and have poor mapping.

Otitis Lol, funny word :>
Pronouced (oh-tee-eye-tis)
Diagnosis: These are the phases newbies go through when they first encounter Open Tibia Servers. Its tragic.

Phase # 1

Conclusion: They WANT REAL MAPS!!!

Phase # 2
Status: Player has been playing random real maps for a month, they keep closing after 5 days. Player gets cranky....

Conclusion: They get picky with the real map servers they play on, They will only play quality real maps....

Phase # 3
Status: Player is sick of real maps, they are repetitive and boring...

Conclusion: Player tries a variety of different servers. Custom map's, Uncommon War Servers.....

Phase # 4
Status: Player is sick of the low quality, shit mapping of these random custom maps....

Conclusion:
Player will only play on high quality Projects, Located on Otland.net
(Player also hates every real map out there and likes to insult shitty server creators and hosters).

And thus! The Evolution is COMPLETE!!!!

Wow, that is great! Made my day worth while ;)

OMG STOP TALKING ABOUT "RL MAP"
RL = Real Life...
There is no Real Life tibia map

Is it that hard to wright Real tibia map or Cip map..

BTW: Custom map is the shit

RL = Can be used as real, or real life, depending on how your braincells are working, it's up to you to see what fits best.
Obviously, you have no clue if we're talking about real life or a game.

Take a look at Swedens OTList... Damn, I cry every time I see it -.-

Btw, check my Post Status :) 1,337 FTW.

Back