• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Maps = No Good

ya swedish peoples have like 5 pages of rl tibia maps and they go down like the next day, or at least in 3-4 weeks... and besides ^neon said they are lazy mappers - agreed...
MAKE YOUR OWN GOD DAHM MAP AND STOP TRYING TO FIND SECRET PLACES ON RL YOU HAVE NOT FOUND YET!

Neon says ,neon says

do you have an own opinion? XD
rl map is the best and none fo you mappers can make better and the reason why you try to make custom maps is only because you try to forget what a real Server emulator should be

Neon says ,neon says

do you have an own opinion? XD
rl map is the best and none fo you mappers can make better and the reason why you try to make custom maps is only because you try to forget what a real Server emulator should be

"none of you mappers can make a better"... Have you seen any maps of today? (Other than the Evo\YurOTS edits) CipSoft can't map half as good as some mappers of the OT community.

Custom maps are much more funnier to play than real maps (if the custom maps are SERIOUS made) And the funny part with tibia/ot is to explore and making quests! On real tibia maps you already know every place and that make it suck.. More fun when you have to explore some!

I agree with you soul custom maps kinda suck cuz i get used to certain types of maps then i play a custom and im like wtf :S and i cant find any huntin or anythin so i strongly agree!

I agree with you soul custom maps kinda suck cuz i get used to certain types of maps then i play a custom and im like wtf :S and i cant find any huntin or anythin so i strongly agree!

Well, that's the fun part of it, that you have to explore new things.

Playing an OT with a custom map is funny... It's the same as CipSoft... You have to explore the map...

Or CipSoft gave you a guide of where are all the spawns?

Of course not...

Just think about of an OT with a map like YurOts, Evolutions, etc...

You know all the hunting spots... What's the point in that OT...?

Level up faster and that's it?

I prefer custom maps.

custom maps r way better than rl map, on rl map u r doing all the time the same thing : Thais temple , ankrahmun dragons , edron demons ... THEN WHAT? They make custom spawns... They accept that rl map sux

Simple :)

"none of you mappers can make a better"... Have you seen any maps of today? (Other than the Evo\YurOTS edits) CipSoft can't map half as good as some mappers of the OT community.

For example me
Memphida map is way better (I don't say it becuZ it's my own map)

Last edited by a moderator:
i never said there good just that people play what they know, there are many more servers that use evo or rl map then there are servers that use custom maps.

clary if you never play rl maps why did you even take a GM position on Znote?

The whole reason behind why there are many more servers out there that use an Evolutions map or a Real Tibia map is obviously because it takes A LOT less time to put together one of those pieces of shit than a well planned out custom map would.

why join a server if u just gonna ask where everything is? half the fun is exploring and finding new stuff, but many ppl dont even like to explore

Why play OT's if you don't want to explore and experience new things? Why not just play real Tibia where you are ensured a dedicated server with a certified staff.

Oh, and also... half the fun is exploring and finding new stuff, yet you support the same ol' real Tibia map servers? I'm not sure how long you played Real Tibia for, but it must not have been very long.

Actually, people that are looking for donations, often hosting realmaps, but I don't know.

I'd prefer mapping my own (3MB) so far, but spent much time detailing it with the best I can. :p

I use my own 100% custom map. Players seem to like it :p Although RL Maps are a lot more popular these days.

mapvo4.png

Last edited:
Why play OT's if you don't want to explore and experience new things? Why not just play real Tibia where you are ensured a dedicated server with a certified staff.

Oh, and also... half the fun is exploring and finding new stuff, yet you support the same ol' real Tibia map servers? I'm not sure how long you played Real Tibia for, but it must not have been very long.

RealOTS been online for quite a few years. Realmaps are easier to play, you know the spots. If you are more RPGish and love lowrate then you should play custom maps.

The whole reason behind why there are many more servers out there that use an Evolutions map or a Real Tibia map is obviously because it takes A LOT less time to put together one of those pieces of shit than a well planned out custom map would.

It does not, Narozia, before it was leaked/released by Jester was tracked by me, a mate and Jester. I can assure you it takes alot more time then mapping a 20mb custommap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doonrak I think I lost over 60€ by donating in your server, I think giving me back my character would be fine than lying that server got sold and so on.

Doonrak I think I lost over 60€ by donating in your server, I think giving me back my character would be fine than lying that server got sold and so on.

Please, stay on topic. If you want to discuss this with Doonrak, then please PM him about it.

And, making a custom map which is about 20MB big, takes alot more time than fixing a realmap like Narozia. Or were you thinking of just draw every ground you can find with water to make the MBs bigger?

All people that are using Rl Map is lame...

1st reason: They can't map.
2nd: They are lazy.
3rd: They only get Noob players on the server.
4th: People know every place in the map. Not fun to explore..
5. RL MAP SUXXX!!

znote noob?:D

Personally I think that custom maps are a lot more fun as you need to explore and find spots with monster, ask players where to go.
Real maps are crap as you know everything and every spot and people just play them because they get bored with exping on Real Tibia and want big exp rate, big skill rate and big magic rate, so they would not need to spend a lot time exping.
Also custom spells, monsters, sprites, weapons... are a show of skill and people like to find something new on ots. They wouldn't get bored if there is a lot of things to explore and find out.
It is also good that some ots have storyline which Real Tibia doesn't have at all!

realmaps are easier to find your way thru but if a custom map is nicely made and good mapper detailed it then it is alot better than rl map...

Back