• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cypher Online [Custom Server] Details & Why It Needs You..

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
Cypher Online

Official Forum Link

A custom server with in-depth RPG elements, such as descriptions on each and every piece of equipment, is looking for private testers. For this, I'm seeking 2-3 members of this community that are good and proficient at bug hunting. I'm beginning this stage early in order to assess different mapping bugs that may have been made. There's already a reporting system integrated into the server, all I need now are the testers.

7yxt8.jpg

Custom Features:
Remade Food System
Healing Herbs
Custom Vocations
Creatures, Habitats, and Loot

World Loot Distribution
Every piece of equipment in the server is custom
Health/Mana Regeneration Ability
The Importance of Exploration

Unless it's logical, monsters will not drop weapons or equipment, these are gained through bartering with NPCs or buying them from NPCs/trading with players.
Only human enemies, or certain creatures that it makes sense they'd have gold, actually drop gold.

-To this, gold/money is a bit difficult to obtain on this server. It creates a dynamic in which players will be bartering with resources at first, and then bartering/trading with gold later on in the server.
There are class specialties, like the Summoner and the Ciphers they use as weapons to call forth different summons.
-To this, Summoners will be obtain contracts with a number of mini-bosses and bosses within the server, gaining a Cipher that will allow said summoner to summon them to their aid. This however, will be one of the most difficult feats and mysteries in the entire server.
This is just the beginning of the detailing what's already implemented as of right now. The current version is 10.31, and all I need are a couple of testers that will aide the server. There will be prizes for everyone that participates in testing, whether it be now or later down the line. As long as you've helped test and submitted reports, once the server officially launches, you will get a few nifty vanity goodies, exclusive to testers.

Last edited:
Cypher Online
A custom server with in-depth RPG elements, such as descriptions on each and every piece of equipment, is looking for private testers. For this, I'm seeking 2-3 members of this community that are good and proficient at bug hunting. I'm beginning this stage early in order to assess different mapping bugs that may have been made. There's already a reporting system integrated into the server, all I need now are the testers.

7yxt8.jpg

Custom Features:
All vocations/classes are custom
The entire map is custom
Every monster in the server is custom.
Unless it's logical, monsters will not drop weapons or equipment, these are gained through bartering with NPCs or buying them from NPCs/trading with players.
Only human enemies, or certain creatures that it makes sense they'd have gold, actually drop gold.

-To this, gold/money is a bit difficult to obtain on this server. It creates a dynamic in which players will be bartering with resources at first, and then bartering/trading with gold later on in the server.
There are class specialties, like the Summoner and the Ciphers they use as weapons to call forth different summons.
-To this, Summoners will be obtain contracts with a number of mini-bosses and bosses within the server, gaining a Cipher that will allow said summoner to summon them to their aid. This however, will be one of the most difficult feats and mysteries in the entire server.

This is just the beginning of the detailing what's already implemented as of right now. The current version is 10.31, and all I need are a couple of testers that will aide the server. There will be prizes for everyone that participates in testing, whether it be now or later down the line. As long as you've helped test and submitted reports, once the server officially launches, you will get a few nifty vanity goodies, exclusive to testers.

Seems nice and honestly i'd like to see what you've done since you say that monsters wont drop equipment or things of that matter unless its logical, when does it make it logical? like a cyc smith dropping a hammer like the one hes holding? oh well dont need to go into details but hope to try this some time in the future

Seems nice and honestly i'd like to see what you've done since you say that monsters wont drop equipment or things of that matter unless its logical, when does it make it logical? like a cyc smith dropping a hammer like the one hes holding? oh well dont need to go into details but hope to try this some time in the future

Exactly, that logic, and even then, it would really, really, really rare (and considered a break-off). Otherwise, players will get creature products AND resources from enemies. Creature items like the ender stone (custom to the server) will be what players sell for their beginning source of gold. Resources, like Dried Leather Scrap will be traded to certain NPCs for x amount of Rough Leather, which players can then barter with another NPC to trade x amount of Rough Leathers for a certain equipment piece they want. And even for this, they'll only be able to trade for specific pieces and these pieces will more than likely not be part of a set, but rather a random piece of equipment that lacks any special effect.

Equipment pieces that are part of a set (such as the Set of Gall) will have special benefits and buffs to them, and players will earn these pieces through quests.

Like I said, there's a lot that I haven't revealed, and there'll be a good amount of RPG that testers will be able to experience.

Exactly, that logic, and even then, it would really, really, really rare (and considered a break-off). Otherwise, players will get creature products AND resources from enemies. Creature items like the ender stone (custom to the server) will be what players sell for their beginning source of gold. Resources, like Dried Leather Scrap will be traded to certain NPCs for x amount of Rough Leather, which players can then barter with another NPC to trade x amount of Rough Leathers for a certain equipment piece they want. And even for this, they'll only be able to trade for specific pieces and these pieces will more than likely not be part of a set, but rather a random piece of equipment that lacks any special effect.

Equipment pieces that are part of a set (such as the Set of Gall) will have special benefits and buffs to them, and players will earn these pieces through quests.

Like I said, there's a lot that I haven't revealed, and there'll be a good amount of RPG that testers will be able to experience.

seems legit good luck on the server! dont let the project die i see alot of ots start off and then just cease to exist

looks very interesting :eek: good luck! maybe i can test some stuff out, when do you need testers? i wouldn't be able to be a full time tester tho because i got so much going on irl atm :/

i think i remember this being open developed :p +1 for creating a custom. You have some very nice ideas!
On the bartering topic: will there be mutliple different armors people can trade for rough leathers? because what i see most of the time is that people tend to make the beginning part to straight forward that i becomes boring. and keep the cool stuff for the end

looks very interesting :eek: good luck! maybe i can test some stuff out, when do you need testers? i wouldn't be able to be a full time tester tho because i got so much going on irl atm :/

i think i remember this being open developed :p +1 for creating a custom. You have some very nice ideas!
On the bartering topic: will there be mutliple different armors people can trade for rough leathers? because what i see most of the time is that people tend to make the beginning part to straight forward that i becomes boring. and keep the cool stuff for the end

There'll be 2-3 armor pieces (doesn't mean just chest) that players will be able to barter with Rough Leather for. The materials are in tiers, so there's going to be a different, better, more valuable leather for higher levels.

Really interesting, must be something you have to play to really see the systems. really like the idea though, would be interested

I thought you quit there Jaed xd
Hit me up if you need some testers =D Good thing I've been looking around still waiting for a good custom server to kill time on.

Cypher Online

7yxt8.jpg

Custom Features:
All vocations/classes are custom
The entire map is custom
Every monster in the server is custom.

But yea id really like to help you out and test out your unique systems and hello balance this. Deserves it

Oh my you have no idea how glad I am to see you've started working on your server again!!! :) I remember playing on Live Development on an older version of Cypher Online, not sure if it'll be the same server or not. As well as one of your much much older servers; Angelic Fury! Still can't believe I remember that, it was like 4 years ago!! Okay back on topic haha. This project seems absolutely awesome and has that unique style that I'm thrilled to test(hopefully!) I like the idea that monsters, creatures, and humans will only drop whats logical. I've seen a similar way of gameplay on a server a while back and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I only play custom server; maxed out custom servers to be precise and haven't been able to play a nice one for quite a while :/ I'd love to test this, find bugs, and give input on the server. If not keep us update! I don't wanna see such a nice project die out!

Oh my you have no idea how glad I am to see you've started working on your server again!!! :) I remember playing on Live Development on an older version of Cypher Online, not sure if it'll be the same server or not. As well as one of your much much older servers; Angelic Fury! Still can't believe I remember that, it was like 4 years ago!! Okay back on topic haha. This project seems absolutely awesome and has that unique style that I'm thrilled to test(hopefully!) I like the idea that monsters, creatures, and humans will only drop whats logical. I've seen a similar way of gameplay on a server a while back and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I only play custom server; maxed out custom servers to be precise and haven't been able to play a nice one for quite a while :/ I'd love to test this, find bugs, and give input on the server. If not keep us update! I don't wanna see such a nice project die out!

I can't believe someone actually remembers Angelic Fury, wow.. that's actually wayyy more than 4 years ago, haha.. I'm so happy to have your support, and since posting this thread I've had an influx of very valuable testers. I've made great strides in just 24 hours, and a lot more strides are to come. Please be sure to check your PM, by the way :)

Food & Fishing

Food will play a different role in Cypher Online than it does in Tibia. Instead of it being the fuel for your regeneration, plants will be your source of regenerative healing. Food, on the other hand, will be a personalized source of buffs. They'll do anything from increase your max hp by a certain percentage for a certain amount of time, or even increase your skills for, of course, a limited amount of time.

Every food buff in Cypher Online lasts for 15 minutes. This duration, nor the food buffs themselves, can stack. If you consume any food while another food's buff is active, the new food buff will take the place of the old.

Similar to a lot of other systems with Cypher Online, Fishing will, once again, be an important part of the gameplay experience. It will be the easiest access to having Fish, which gives a neat buff. To catch fish, you'll need worms. However, fishing will actually be quite difficult as players will only be able to get worms from a limited pool of creatures and insects, such as Carrion Beetles and the Rosehair Spiders. And even within these creatures, getting worms to drop, and the amount of worms dropped, will make worms, and fishing rods, a valuable commodity.

7CK7I.jpg

7CKc6.jpg

7CKhF.jpg

Last edited:
Herbs & Healing

With the facelift of the food system, there had to be a replacement method for regeneration and healing across the board for all classes. This is where herbs step in. In Cypher Online, there are an array of herbs that do many facets of healing. From heal over time for HP, to increased mana regeneration, and even antidotal effects to poison, herbs will be the most reliable personalized healing most classes will have, as in Cypher Online, only Elders are able to cast healing spells of any magnitude.

Most lasting herb effects will last a maximum of 10 seconds, and each herb has a cooldown of 15 seconds. This means that only 1 herb of any type can be used every 15 seconds, so choosing which herb to consume and when to consume it will become a part of the overall gameplay strategy of this server.

7EqSG.jpg

7EqVZ.jpg

Last edited:
I've been testing some of the systems and ideas Jaed has and let me tell you that she's magnificient!
Her ideas are unique and I believe that if she implements all of her ideas this will be the perfect RPG server.
I hope to see the server online sometime in the near future.
I hope you can keep doing what you're doing Jaed.
Thanks for bringing hope to the custom server community.
Farewell.

This is going to be one of the best and most memorable OT's. Period. Well done + much more to come! :)

Just helped test a few things. The mapping is beautiful, the creativity within EVERY SINGLE thing is amazing. Every item having its' own description to fit that certain piece - awesome idea. The loot system, the herb system, everything is just amazing. 9/10. You'll get 10/10 when it's online :)

Creatures. Habitats, and Loot

A part of providing an atmosphere in which true medieval RP can thrive, the creatures of Cypher Online have been specifically designed with traits indicative of their habitats and their loot. One such example is the Kobold race (a remake of Trolls).

Kobolds are found in various types of environments. Normal Kobolds and Kobold Ravagers (elite creature) can be found in grasslands and mountainous areas. However, Covewater and Seascar Kobolds are found in areas that typically have a good supply of water nearby. Also, Covewater Kobolds will almost never be found underground, as they desire areas in which they can refuge near lakes, or rivers that connect to a larger body of water, such as an ocean. Seascar Kobolds however can be found underground, more often than a Covewater Kobold, however, there would have to be a good supply of water underground that connects to a larger body of water.

The way creatures are designed doesn't end there, however. Kobolds, Kobold Ravagers, and Seascar Kobolds all have a chance of dropping Kobold Pelt, the red mane on their backs. However, Covewater Kobolds have no chance of dropping said item, as they do not have a red mane on their back. Since regular Kobolds utilize melee and throwing stones at their enemies as their main form of attack, when killing a normal Kobold, you'll have a chance of them dropping any number of throwing stones, which Scoundrels (the remade Paladin class) can then use themselves. Seascar Kobolds, Covewater Kobolds, and Kobold Ravagers do not have any chance of dropping throwing stones, however, as they do not use throwing stones as part of their arsenal.

It should also be noted that Seascar and Covewater Kobolds have a chance of dropping fish, though rarely, and worms, as this is their main source of food. They'll also drop fish bones and the sort. All of this, of course, depending on your luck.

Kobolds are just one example of the mindset in which how all creatures and enemies in Cypher Online have designed.​

Last edited:
This a truly unique and interesting server! From what I tested earlier it's looking pretty flipping awesome. Jaed has some great ideas in store and it will surely be a fun server to play!

I also got to take a look at a few features on the very start of the server, and I must say it definitely felt like something that RPG players will enjoy. I can't say much more because there hasn't been that much to see, but from what there was (and from my conversations with Jaed), I can tell that Cypher is in good hands and will become something terrific once it's finished. Keep up the good work Jaed :)

Back