• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dark199's Mapping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fargo

Alright Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, after a hiatus from Tibia I started to map a little again. Here's some of my work that I'm working on.
Gif_3.jpg

Gif_2.jpg

Gif_1.jpg

Gif_4.jpg

"The temple is falling into ruin after the major fall out from our previous gods. It appears that our angel god's were nothing more than myths. Curse that man with the green cape and his supreme god-like powers. He claims that what we were worshiping are commonly called Oracles."
"Our library, on a lighter note, is booming. We have more and more books coming in each day from another civilization who already worship the green caped ones. This other civilization calls themselves Tibians. What a pitiful name."
"As much as I enjoy my little house on the shore of Sea of Silence I fear the Tibians are going to make war upon us. As little use as our wall has gotten I know it won't hold against their fleets of ships."
"My friend, the magic seller, Swizen has been staying in his house behind his magc shop for some time. I'm starting to worry about that old man."
-Journal entries from Mor'Draka

Gif1.png

Gif2.png

Gif3.png

Gif4.png

Gif5.png

Gif6.png

Gif7.png

Gif8.png

Gif9.png

Gif10.png

Gif11.png

"Finally I reached a town, but it's a shame that I came at night time. There seems to be no guards posted along the walls or inside the city. Something seems wrong, this is not the Arkcitie I've heard so much about. I've come to see this incredible new species that seems just as advanced as my homeland. I've heard they worshiped angel-type gods, pff they might be new but they aren't that knowledgeable about the world around them or the cloaked god's we worship." - Journal entry from Thillarch

Oh, ps, I like how the dirt borders are...

Like everything but the dirt borders (;
But as you said you like em, Ofc you should keep em; p

Temple_Walk_5.png

Temple_Walk_6.png

Temple_Walk_1.png

Temple_Wak_2.png

Temple_Walk_3.png

Temple_Walk_4.png

"After a good night's rest in the guard barracks I went to visit the temple to pay my respects. Little did I know that the basement was in ruin. Something fishy is going on." - Journal entry from Thillarch

I'm working with the LOTR project, so I'm working on the Troll encampment where Bilbo and the fourteen dwarves get caught. As you can see it's far from done, but I thought I needed to update this thread. It also might seem a little spammed and that's because it's suppose to be out of the way of the road and discourage people from coming to the encampment.
102233351751ea22a1805d4.jpg

"I heard of rumors about trolls in this area. So I made sure I went to check it out during the day-light hours"
jkawBF1.png

hO2t2yj.png

C16qzkw.png

LnPeSty.png

Xh4fE9Y.png

XaE8LWe.png

"I saw their encampment, it looked rather primitive. I also saw the entrance to their cave but I dared not to enter far into it, I would rather not get killed by a troll today thank you very much." - Journal entries from Thillarch

Missing borders on latest picture :).

Overall looks good, maybe a lil bit to many trees but what do you expect of a forrest.

​Here's something I'm currently working on. Note that I left the walkway one square to make it easily to trap people in that area.
L8PFlti.png

ho1PuQ6.png

I read every comment, and every comment that is on here will more or less motivate me to do more mapping.

​Here's something I'm currently working on. Note that I left the walkway one square to make it easily to trap people in that area.
L8PFlti.png

ho1PuQ6.png

I read every comment, and every comment that is on here will more or less motivate me to do more mapping.

Either see it as constructive criticism or just don't map, if you're willing to show your works but wont map unless you get feedback which only says good things, you'll never become a great mapper. I like some of the mapping in here, but the bordering at times is pretty horrific.

I agree with Peroxide, You do some great mapping, then overborder it all to hell.

I typically over do it by accident because a lot of the time it seems a bit too 'empty' to me. But thanks for the comments and I'll try not to overdo it.

I dont think your forest is spammed. I think it is decent considering its a dense forest but enough walking space. You're the mapper you have the vision.. U may or may not get feedback but i really doubt you should stop. :> keep it up

Would you guys rather prefer to have work-in-progress type of work, or to have completed work?
If you don't really care either way here:
yX2gpvk.jpg

Since this 'castle / fortress' or whatever you'd like to call it is going to be inside a mountain, more specifically a cavern of a sort it's going to need support to help hold up the ceiling. So I was wondering if this concept is too bulky or decent enough.. Or to maybe replace the walls with arches.
OcPJwIa.jpg

There will be several pillars such as this one throughout the cavern, so keep that in mind.

Hmm- you could use the half arches for black/ruin walls to make it look like a support not sure if i like your idea :p

wow very good castle/fortress, is that from the LOTR proyect? what part is that, piece of moria?

Yes it's from the LOTR project I'm currently on. And it's the Lonely Mountain.

"These mines have long since been abandoned by the ambitious dwarves, but lately I've been hearing about these rumors at the lonely mountain. They all have varied but one thing was similar in each, there was treasure, and a lot of it."
OcOry6a.png

W2iOFvj.png
More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back