• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DDOS Protection router

Ruhat

VIP User
Reaction score
Hi,

So i've been searching everywhere for ddos protection options.
I've found many sites offering ddos protection and with a monthly payment too.
The problem with me is that i don't want to pay like $400 dollars per month for ddos protection or anything like that.

So i found this router called Cisco and i've read much about the router and in the website it says that it filters bad traffic.
My question is if there's any firewall or any router that can protect me from ddos attacks for windows?
I don't care about how much it costs and i prefer a quality product.
And ofc if there's any free option i would appericiate it too.

Thanks for all answers!

So you found a router called Cisco? :|

Well there are loads of Cisco routers out there and no, they all dont protect you against DDoS attacks. In fact nothing can fully protect you, you can just make it harder for the attacker pretty much.

Perhaps this is the router you were looking for, or something simulair, its expensive as fuck yes.

Cisco Catalyst 6500/Cisco 7600 Router Traffic Anomaly Detector Module - Products & Services - Cisco Systems

Damn Amoaz, can't find any price for this product :O

DDOS protection routers are always expensive, how much you think you're gonna buy them for? 300$?

Also note that these routers will take some stress of your computer (maybe prevent OT from crashing etc), but if you have a 100Mbps network and get a 2Gbps network attack, your network is screwd anyway. Even tho the router blocks it off. Because if the attacks reach the router/hardware firewall, it has to go through that rented 100Mbps connection to your house anyway.

Also note that these routers will take some stress of your computer (maybe prevent OT from crashing etc), but if you have a 100Mbps network and get a 2Gbps network attack, your network is screwd anyway. Even tho the router blocks it off. Because if the attacks reach the router/hardware firewall, it has to go through that rented 100Mbps connection to your house anyway.

how many ppl requires for a 100Mbps ddos?

People who are in that kind of business: 0.1~
Wannabe's: 1 - 10~

Rambo, I suggest you stop commenting on stuff related to DDoS since you dont seem to know anything about it.

As Znote said, you dont need alot of power to bring down 100 mbps unprotected network, you dont even need to DDoS it, a DoS from an experienced guy can bring it down easily.

Rambo, I suggest you stop commenting on stuff related to DDoS since you dont seem to know anything about it.

As Znote said, you dont need alot of power to bring down 100 mbps unprotected network, you dont even need to DDoS it, a DoS from an experienced guy can bring it down easily.

Amoaz,
If i got these:
Protection against UDP, TCP, SYN, DrDOS, HTTP and Slowloris floods
1Gbps bad traffic burstable up to 1.5 Gbps

Znote was talking about having these kind of routers, which gives protection against DDOS, feel free to prove me wrong and also feel free to keep telling me to stop commenting.

Amoaz,
If i got these:
Protection against UDP, TCP, SYN, DrDOS, HTTP and Slowloris floods
1Gbps bad traffic burstable up to 1.5 Gbps

Its not a question about the amount of bots, its a question about the power they got. A bot can be either good or bad, in terms of how hard it will hit. Hackers refer to "hard hitting shells" when they got a good bot that hits hard.

I have no clue what protection your using to slow the attacks, but I can tell that UDP is almost impossible to stop. With 1 gbps you should however be safe to most noobs that buy programs and DDoS with them, since they usually suck balls and wont have capacity to bring down 1gbps, but more like 100 mpbs

- - - Updated - - -

Znote was talking about having these kind of routers, which gives protection against DDOS, feel free to prove me wrong and also feel free to keep telling me to stop commenting.

I Just gave you an advice, talking about stuff you dont know about just makes you look stupid.

Its not a question about the amount of bots, its a question about the power they got. A bot can be either good or bad, in terms of how hard it will hit. Hackers refer to "hard hitting shells" when they got a good bot that hits hard.

I have no clue what protection your using to slow the attacks, but I can tell that UDP is almost impossible to stop. With 1 gbps you should however be safe to most noobs that buy programs and DDoS with them, since they usually suck balls and wont have capacity to bring down 1gbps, but more like 100 mpbs

- - - Updated - - -

I Just gave you an advice, talking about stuff you dont know about just makes you look stupid.
This guy knows what is he saying.
Ruhat take a look in securedservers they offer you 1 Gbit for a very low cost.

Back
Top Bottom