• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DDOS Protection router

This guy knows what is he saying.
Ruhat take a look in securedservers they offer you 1 Gbit for a very low cost.

omg MxSoft thanks for that site, they really got very cheap dedi servers!

- - - Updated - - -

I only recommend Secured Servers Hosting for ppl who dont have players From EU.

Alot ppl From EU will have lags. But best dedicated servers in USA its Secured Servers Hosting

shit, was just going to look where the dedi servers were located.
Damn USA sux :(

omg MxSoft thanks for that site, they really got very cheap dedi servers!

- - - Updated - - -

shit, was just going to look where the dedi servers were located.
Damn USA sux :(

They are going to open new datacenter in Amsterdam soon :p

My opinion is just get a firewall install onto your motherboard, with that you configure it and it should also do what the Router does, Routers are only for making networks really unless you specifically set it up as an IDS, then it just tells you that you are being attacked, now an IPS is what you would need but that's setting it up as a router (for network purposes) and filtration system.

They are going to open new datacenter in Amsterdam soon :p

soon, when? :p

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion is just get a firewall install onto your motherboard, with that you configure it and it should also do what the Router does, Routers are only for making networks really unless you specifically set it up as an IDS, then it just tells you that you are being attacked, now an IPS is what you would need but that's setting it up as a router (for network purposes) and filtration system.

Walkingdragon, would you recommend any good firewall for me?

Harware firewall is what I'm talking about, not software.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.newegg.com/Firewalls/SubCategory/ID-529
or just get a PCI/PCIe Firewall adapter.

Software based Firewalls or applications will slow your computer down immensly during a DDoS or DoS attack, best bet would be to buy a PCI firewall or an external firewall.

Software based Firewalls or applications will slow your computer down immensly during a DDoS or DoS attack, best bet would be to buy a PCI firewall or an external firewall.

Depending on how big his server is. If I were him, I would use a Software based Firewall for now, until his server grows, and if it does grow, invest your donation money into an external / PCI firewall.

Depending on how big his server is. If I were him, I would use a Software based Firewall for now, until his server grows, and if it does grow, invest your donation money into an external / PCI firewall.

You have a point about growing but still, you wouldn't need DDoS protection unless it's already moderatly big.

Nevermore, do you know any good software based firewall that works good?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I bought an IBM Server and Cisco 12816 Router

How much did all that cost ya?

Why all this headache?? Just search for a dedicated server that can provide you enough DDoS protection for your ot server, also they do know what to do when they get attacked unlike you will probably get panic once your under attack xD Also DDoS attacks is all about network connections.. not what OS you're using :p Anyway, good luck but I do suggest to find a good dedicated server instead of a purchase of a router/firewall.

Why all this headache?? Just search for a dedicated server that can provide you enough DDoS protection for your ot server, also they do know what to do when they get attacked unlike you will probably get panic once your under attack xD Also DDoS attacks is all about network connections.. not what OS you're using :p Anyway, good luck but I do suggest to find a good dedicated server instead of a purchase of a router/firewall.

why pay for the ganja when you can smoke and fly for free?

I don't want to pay for a dedi server, it costs too much.
About the OS thing, i wrote Windows cause maybe there were any special firewalls for windows.

CHEEEERS M8!

Hmm, I told you about this topic some weeks ago.. It can be managed by two ways: free + inefficiently or somewhat efficiently + VERY expensive. Moreover spending a lot of time/money on it will not save you against attacks 100%.

Example:
Facebook's revenue in 2011 -> $3.7 billion (this means they probably have pretty expensive hardware & protection as their systems)
Have they received any DDoS attack?
Yes.
And Microsoft?
Yes.
And Google?
Yes.
And the United States Department of Defense?
Yes.
And [...]
YES!:mad:

What I mean is that it is impossible to be completely safe plus you shouldn't worry so much on these attacks if they don't happen, and if they happen THEN start managing how to solve it.

I'm gonna tell you probably the best option to follow by 2 simple steps:
1- Don't worry about them until they happen and don't waste your time on this.
2- Pray to try avoiding them. :D

PS: I wrote all this because I see that you are very worried about this topic, and in my opinion the best thing you can do is nothing/use firewall. Don't take it as destructive, I know you are a nice guy and I don't want you to lose a lot of time because of this. :)

PS2: It is my humble point of view, I know not everybody thinks like this.:$

Regards! :>

- - - Updated - - -

I bought an IBM Server and Cisco 12816 Router

:blink: $100,000+?

Hmm, I told you about this topic some weeks ago.. It can be managed by two ways: free + inefficiently or somewhat efficiently + VERY expensive. Moreover spending a lot of time/money on it will not save you against attacks 100%.

Example:
Facebook's revenue in 2011 -> $3.7 billion (this means they probably have pretty expensive hardware & protection as their systems)
Have they received any DDoS attack?
Yes.
And Microsoft?
Yes.
And Google?
Yes.
And the United States Department of Defense?
Yes.
And [...]
YES!:mad:

What I mean is that it is impossible to be completely safe plus you shouldn't worry so much on these attacks if they don't happen, and if they happen THEN start managing how to solve it.

I'm gonna tell you probably the best option to follow by 2 simple steps:
1- Don't worry about them until they happen and don't waste your time on this.
2- Pray to try avoiding them. :D

PS: I wrote all this because I see that you are very worried about this topic, and in my opinion the best thing you can do is nothing/use firewall. Don't take it as destructive, I know you are a nice guy and I don't want you to lose a lot of time because of this. :)

PS2: It is my humble point of view, I know not everybody thinks like this.:$

Regards! :>

- - - Updated - - -

:blink: $100,000+?

Dude, thanks for your comment.
I've just realised that i've spent sooo much time on finding DDOS protection, anyways i'll just use the firewall i now got and stop thinking about DDOS.
I'll think about ddos attack when i really get attacked = HELL !!

Cheers m8! rep+

Dude, thanks for your comment.
I've just realised that i've spent sooo much time on finding DDOS protection, anyways i'll just use the firewall i now got and stop thinking about DDOS.
I'll think about ddos attack when i really get attacked = HELL !!

Cheers m8! rep+

Np Ruhat, thx to you, just let me know if I can help you :)

I will keep building my OT to show you when I have time. I didn't forget you :D

Nevermore, do you know any good software based firewall that works good?

OpenBSD is a good alternative to spending hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars.. However, it is a Unix/Linux distrobution, so you may have trouble compiling it, if you did get it, however, you would be set, and not have to worry about all of this DDOS stuff.

Back