• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Synthetic_

deathzot.net
Reaction score
DeathZot (The Restoration Project)

njyHP.png

OFFICIAL ADVERTISEMENT THREAD

DeathZot was originally an 8.0 server that was first developed by 'Admin Death'. While DeathZot was not his only server that he has created, he also was the creator of the original ChaosOT 7.6, as well as Rise of Abbadon which were both very successful servers. DeathZot was made shortly after Chaos OT started to diminish, and it was a great high pace server with tons of content in terms of building 'Tier' equipment and merging weapons in order to make stronger ones. DeathZot also was a very team oriented server because of the 'Bosses' that spawned all over the world of DeathZot. Also, the server had five custom vocations being; Guardian (Battle Mage), Barbarian (Tanky, with single target DPS, but low healing), Elementalist (Low health points, very high mana points), Ninja (Very frail, with extremely high DPS with fast attack and very strong single targeted aimed spells), and last but not least the Immortal (Could be played with either melee weapons or wands, who used runes that were bought from the store and never lost items or experience upon death). DeathZot was a great server because of the way it was designed it made sure that you will always have something to keep you busy, between looking to get better equipment, or waiting for the bosses to spawn, or even participating in one of the events that were always held.

I recently came to an agreement with Death and got the server files I needed and will be updating DeathZot into 8.60 server. Since a lot of old DeathZot players will hopefully come to the new server, I've decided to revamp a lot of the core gameplay. Such as changing the passwords to hidden doors, adding a new fishing and mining system. Changing the way boss scrolls work and are founded, adding new hunting spawns that are more level orientated so it's understood what you should be hunting. I've also changed the way some of the teleportation items are, as well as a ton of more.

Here's some of the core systems of DeathZot

Equipment Upgrading

Merging equipment was one of the most important parts of DeathZot. In order to upgrade your equipment, you must merge 7 Tiers of the same item, in order to upgrade it into the next tier. For example, you would need 7 Tier 1 Armors to merge into a Tier 2 Armor. This is the same formula for every single piece of tiered equipment. Tiered equipment can be obtained from quests, monsters, bosses, mining, runic stones, events and more.

7 T1 = T2
7 T2 = T3
7 T3 = T4
7 T4 = T5
7 T5 = T6

Obtaining teleportation items to access new places

In order to advance into the next stage of the game, you must either defeat a boss, or find the teleportation item that you must use to take you to the next area of the game. In the past, DeathZot used items such as eggs, wands, and misc items as teleportation items, and since they didn't really have a theme I've changed all the teleportation items into 'Teleportation Keys'. The teleportation keys will now have an informational description indicating what level they are for and where they take you.

Events & Raids

Event's and Raids were a huge part of DeathZot because they allowed players to get better items, or even levels without much effort.

Some events were:

'Field of Dreams' which was an event where items such as tiered equipment, rare unique items, or experience candy canes where hidden on the field and then covered in massive amounts of cluttered trash. In order to get the items you must dig in the field until you find the items.

'Russian Roulette' everyone would gather in a circle and use the roulette runes on themselves, once you use the rune you had a 10% chance of killing yourself. At the end of the game, the last one standing would win a random prize

'Tauren of Experience' The tauren was a huge experience monster that required a lot of effort to kill, while it dealt no damage to you, it was an extremely hard monster to take down because of the health it had, however the experience is really high and will give you a lot of experience once its dead

'Castle Siege War' Every Friday there was a castle event where guilds would compete against each other in an all out war in order to win the event, if a member of your team would be standing on the throne after an hour of the event, you would be the winning of the castle siege war and win a week to hunt the private boss spawn in the castle siege house.

Donations

As much as I believe donations destroyed open tibia, DeathZot was the only server that I believe had a fair donation system. In DeathZot you can donate for Tiered equipment but it got a lot more expensive per higher tier you wanted to purchase. When players on the old DeathZot would donate and get an item advantage it helped shape the community because it changed the pace of progression and it was easier for those who donated to help out newer players get equipment such as Tier 1 Sets and so on. Also there is no such thing as 'Donation Armor' or anything like that because the only thing you can really donate for is Tiered Equipment which is all obtained in the game. EVERY SINGLE DONATION ITEM IS OBTAINABLE IN-GAME. I know a lot of people disagree with donations and hate 'donators' so here's the twist. Every time someone donates, 10-20% (depending on how much they donate) will be added to the 'Donation-Pool'. At the end of every month, the total 10-20% of the pool will be divided into fractions of that and given to players as full donation credit. But how do you get a chance to get that donation-pool money? In order to be qualified towards it, you must submit screen shots to DeathZot server forum of anything you want. That can be pictures of the town, pictures of you hunting, or whatever you want. Each picture must have a caption when you take the screen shot and you must crop everything out except the screen (crop out the EQ Bar, and all that, just show the screen of your player). Also, I will pick another two people who submitted the best screen shots, and give them a reward based on how good their submissions were. The reasoning behind this system is because I need donations in order to keep DeathZot on a dedicated host, and I want players to understand that donations aren't suppose to only pay for the server, but to make it a better one. This way the community will get involved in taking really cool screen shots, and help new players understand the server, as well as people getting a chance to get donation rewards.

SCREENSHOTS!

HOW TO MERGE EQUIPMENT (NEW)

-- GOING TO UPDATE MORE LATER --

Last edited:
I loved that server although i'll admit.. I never got to far.

Taking suggestions? If you decide to make the same system for barbs and ml 4 (it was 30$ for it if I aint wrong).. Lower the price a little bit. It was the best overall class on higher levels and I recall quite a few people wouldnt play cause of the high price for ml 4.

Keep us updated!

He had said that he will be balancing out all vocations, so I don't think you will have to worry about that!

Alright well I'm leaving for Florida for about two weeks but here's some of the changes / additions so far

• A manarune has been added that will heal based on level, magic level, and vocation + equipment
  • Ninjas will now have a separate array of weapons (throwing stars, knives, snowballs, etc) which will have 3 range, or they can still use melee weapons
  • Equipment merging will now be inside the depot for Tiers 1->4
  • 'Running' for money has been removed, and money will now be very valuable
  • Mining items has been removed, however now you can mine up gems, pearls, and crude chunks and they can be sold for money
  • Ruinic Starstones now have a chance to turn into any random piece of Tier 1 equipment
  • All monsters now drop 'monster items' which can be sold to Wretched Hag
  • Key's have replaced all of the old teleportation items
  • Barbarians can now use intense healing runes that heal a fraction of what an ultimate healing rune would (however they can still get MGL 4 by donation or getting magic level powders)
  • Town has been revamped to suit hunting until level 200
  • Edron is being reworked to be more nooby friendly and give players an easier idea of what to hunt there

Last edited:
I loved that server although i'll admit.. I never got to far.

Taking suggestions? If you decide to make the same system for barbs and ml 4 (it was 30$ for it if I aint wrong).. Lower the price a little bit. It was the best overall class on higher levels and I recall quite a few people wouldnt play cause of the high price for ml 4.

Keep us updated!

I've actually added an intense healing rune for Barbarians that will heal a smaller amount then an ultimate healing would, so they will be very good regardless of getting MGL 4, and if you have any other suggestions feel free to tell them to me, I'm trying to fix all the problems the server had, and make it a better server overall and make players happy with the changes

Have you given any thought to moving the items needed for the Runic Long sword(The Avenger)? If you left them, including other rare items found on the ground across the map, in the same place I'm positive old players would hide the information from new players. I would probably become guilty of this myself.

Have you given any thought to moving the items needed for the Runic Long sword(The Avenger)? If you left them, including other rare items found on the ground across the map, in the same place I'm positive old players would hide the information from new players. I would probably become guilty of this myself.

All of the required items being rare loot from low level monsters perhaps? The basic runic sword was always really nice as a starting weapon for low levels but was never really attainable due to it being a daily respawn. (sometimes weekly depending on restarts)

Have fun in florida! :D
Love what you are doing to this OT.
Probably the most excited I've been for an OT ever.

All of the required items being rare loot from low level monsters perhaps? The basic runic sword was always really nice as a starting weapon for low levels but was never really attainable due to it being a daily respawn. (sometimes weekly depending on restarts)

That could work, but if it's implemented there is a chance that more than one sword could be created each restart. On a personal note, I found racing to collect the pieces for the Runic Long Sword to be very entertaining.

It better be, I want it to feel the same experience with the 8.0 client.

Back