• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

I've decided I wanted to revamp the you can "upgrade" or get a better weapon. As some of the veteran players remember, you needed to get a Ruinic Sword & an entire Tier 3 Set and merge it into a 'Wrath of Gods'. You could then exchange 3 'Wrath of Gods' into a stronger weapon, or even the better wand (Dragonbone Staff). Looking back on it, it was a very strange system because you needed to make this 'Wrath of God' sword and the change it into a better sword, axe, club, or the wand. I've decided I'm going to change it up. You will first receive your weapon from a quest that you obtain in the 500 area. You can then go onto to upgrade your vocation based weapon by using merging them with 'Upgrade Stones'. In order to turn your Tier 1 weapon into a Tier 2, you need to merge it together with 7 Upgrade Stones. I haven't decided how many you'd need to upgrade a Tier 2 weapon, but I'm just trying to give you an idea of how its going to work. However, I didn't want to remove the idea of getting the Ruinic Sword from collecting the map spawn items, because it was something fun to do (and made server restarts something to look forward to) so I've decided that the Ruinic Sword will probably have a value of some 'Upgrade Stones'. I've also decided, to make sure that the sword will remain rare, that the longer the server has been out the more 'Upgrade Stones' will be worth. I want to try and keep you guys updated with changes I have in mind so let me know how you feel about these changes.

Make sure these upgrade stones are VERY hard to obtain. Struggling to make better weapons and equipment is one of the best parts of Deathzot, especially concerning items such as the Z-striker, Bloody Rever, Dragonbone Staff, etc.

Ehh I was excited for deathzot to come back because of how it was, but as I read what you are changing about the ot, I honestly don't know what to expect.
But I am sure as hell looking forward to it, can't wait!

Ehh I was excited for deathzot to come back because of how it was, but as I read what you are changing about the ot, I honestly don't know what to expect.
But I am sure as hell looking forward to it, can't wait!

Well I hope you will realize these changes are for the better. The reason I'm changing some of the parts of DeathZot is because some of them are 'anti fun' systems that can really restrict players progress throughout the server. Such as; making better weapons. The whole system was toxic to the server because it made players depend on the server restarting to be able to collect the map pieces in order to obtain the Ruinic Blade. While map spawns are fun, they shouldn't be something a server revolves around to allow players to progress.

Well I hope you will realize these changes are for the better. The reason I'm changing some of the parts of DeathZot is because some of them are 'anti fun' systems that can really restrict players progress throughout the server. Such as; making better weapons. The whole system was toxic to the server because it made players depend on the server restarting to be able to collect the map pieces in order to obtain the Ruinic Blade. While map spawns are fun, they shouldn't be something a server revolves around to allow players to progress.

I completely understand where you're coming from and appreciate everything of it... I cannot wait to see how it turns out! :D

I have an idea. Keep the Runic Long Sword the same, but instead of the pieces spawning on the map, have bosses such as Sin, Hate, Terror, Terrible Trio, and ect. have a ~10% chance of dropping one or two of the needed items. If this system were implemented, it would be be beneficial to manual players, it would raise the value of boss scrolls, and the process upgrading weapons would no longer be reliant on server restarts.

Last edited:
I honestly can't wait for this! This is absolutely stunning, seriously.

Good work Synthetic.

I have an idea. Keep the Runic Long Sword the same, but instead of the pieces spawning on the map, have bosses such as Sin, Hate, Terror, Terrible Trio, and ect. have a ~10% chance of dropping one or two of the needed items. If this system were implemented, it would be be beneficial to manual players, it would raise the value of boss scrolls, and the process upgrading weapons would no longer be reliant on server restarts.

Well, I have no intention of actually removing the map spawns, or even the sword. I was planning on keeping it in the game, and making the sword tradeable to an NPC that will give you some amount of the Upgrading Stones for it. That way the server will still keep the concept of searching for the relic',s as well making sure there are other ways of obtaining the 'Upgrade Stones'. Because map spawns are fun, and something I want to keep in the server; they're just something I don't want game progression based around. They should be more like bonuses, not something that restricts your characters progression. I hope you guys see eye to eye with me on those changes though, if not leave some feedback.

I honestly can't wait for this! This is absolutely stunning, seriously.

Good work Synthetic.

Thanks for the support! as well as advertising the thread in your signature, It's nice already having a small community before the server is even launched.

-update-
Also I just got back from Florida, and I have a huge to-do list, once that's done I'll be able to throw up a beta and get everyone's feedback, which will eventually lead up to a server launch. I'll update you guys more later

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you, but please make sure botters can not get these Upgrade Stones. If botters could loot these stones from elves or runic orcs it would be disastrous.

I don't disagree with you, but please make sure botters can not get these Upgrade Stones. If botters could loot these stones from elves or runic orcs it would be disastrous.

That would never happen, and I don't think low level bosses (Trios, Sins, Hate, Evils, Titanium Golem) etc are even going to loot these stones

Thanks, for the support! as well as advertising the thread in your signature, It's nice already having a small community before the server is even launched.

No worries, I've gathered my team up as well. Every one is excited for the server!!!!111!!!!1!1!!one!111!!!!

Fantastic. Are you still planning to release the server on August 20th?

That was my original plan, however I didn't expect to have to re-do every single spell forumla as well as 80% of the scripts, but I'm going to continue to work as much as I can this week on the server. I figured that if I get atleast until the lvl 3k area done I should be able to release it, that way the players will have enough content to keep them busy will I continue to work on higher end parts. I'll make sure to keep you guys updated

Never heard about (Dzot)? But what you wrote it started to sound Fking AMAZING!!

That was my original plan, however I didn't expect to have to re-do every single spell forumla as well as 80% of the scripts, but I'm going to continue to work as much as I can this week on the server. I figured that if I get atleast until the lvl 3k area done I should be able to release it, that way the players will have enough content to keep them busy will I continue to work on higher end parts. I'll make sure to keep you guys updated

Sounds great. If you need someone to beta test anything, send me a PM.

Edit: If you finished the server up to the 1.5k area that would be enough for a few weeks. Barbs and Frost Giants are hard, but fun to level on.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the server. However, I'm a bit worried about the donations and no punishment for botters. If there's no punishment for botters what is preventing everyone from botting nonstop while they're away? I know the online players number helps the server look good but the spawns will be camped and it'll be terribly unfair for legit players. And also, while I know that the server runs on donations, I think the best items should be obtained by the best players and not just the dudes with most money.
But that's just my 2 cents. Apart from that, the server is looking great.

I'm looking forward to the server. However, I'm a bit worried about the donations and no punishment for botters. If there's no punishment for botters what is preventing everyone from botting nonstop while they're away? I know the online players number helps the server look good but the spawns will be camped and it'll be terribly unfair for legit players. And also, while I know that the server runs on donations, I think the best items should be obtained by the best players and not just the dudes with most money.
But that's just my 2 cents. Apart from that, the server is looking great.

Well if you read the entire server advertisement, you wont be able to actually even get the best equipment by donating because of how much it would cost. The most I'd ever think someone would donate for is a Tier 4 set which is 125$ for the entire set, or you can obtain is in game by building towards it. Also, the power to donate ratio isn't very high because you can spend 125$ on a Tier 4 set, or someone can work towards a Tier 3 set which would probably take a week to get, and it wouldn't be that much weaker than a Tier 4. Also, there is a lot of systems I have in store for dealing with people who play the game fairly, such as; Experience creature raids, events, NPC killing quests etc.. I also have an advanced system that won't allow botters to loot unique drops from killing monsters. My goal is to make sure everyone is happy on the server regardless of how they play it. You'll have to wait and see.

Back